It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Disney
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Cashman wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Is Karen Allen cute?

40 years ago.

She has a gorgeous smile. Still would.

I feel similar about Kathleen Quinlan.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:57 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
pittmike wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Darkside wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Is Karen Allen cute?

40 years ago.

She has a gorgeous smile. Still would.

I feel similar about Kathleen Quinlan.

She has aged nicely.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:17 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:46 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:38 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
This is what happens when you're burning thru billions of dollars a quarter with no end in sight.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:15 pm 

Haunted Mansion was pretty decent, saw it with the wife and kid. Great cast, same good jokes and effects, and a completely forgettable plot. Nothing woke that I noticed that would make anyone love or hate it. I agree it was weird they released it now and not around Halloween, but I guess they wanted it to premier on D+ then.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Where was Cramer a year ago? Disney's issues were obvious to anyone who cared to look and these schill's were still saying buy. I think everyone is waking up to the fact that Iger isn't smart and he's a lazy POS.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
I think he’s just built for a different era and is too arrogant to understand as much.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

The coverage has been strange to say the least. I feel like its an Enron or Theranos situation in real-time and being ignored for whatever reason. Disney won't disappear like those companies but they're so damaged they'll have to sell parts or find a buyer. They aren't even close to the point where they can see a light at the end of the tunnel. It is strange watching CNBC schill for Disney the only thing I can think of is they don't want them to go broke because they still owe them 15 billion dollars for Hulu. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 9:29 am 

agreed. I think Disney built interconnectedness throughout entertainment, so other sources would not honestly evaluate their product or the public's reaction

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:11 am 
1000 CLUB

This one is going to hurt. This will be the first mega-flop for Disney Marvel. They've had some lose money but not like this.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:35 pm 

even though "barbie" made a billion dollars and was *so important* to WOMYN, if this bombs it'll still be all the patriarchy's fault.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:36 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
MongoMuller wrote:
This one is going to hurt. This will be the first mega-flop for Disney Marvel. They've had some lose money but not like this.

i am not a fan of any of these super hero movies but this looks like shit. I wouldn't even want to watch this shit when it gets to TNT

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 12:57 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:

This will be the nail in the coffin for Disney Marvel. My daughter and I watched everyone of these through Endgame. We tried the new phase and it just blows chunks.

The stories suck, the characters suck, the writing sucks, the acting sucks. Everything that was great about these movies has been turned into a big pile of suck from Disney.

Not sure who the target audience is for this woke bullshit, but it is not young women. Maybe this lady? Who probably lives off of public aid.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:55 am 
1000 CLUB

South Park destroys Disney... :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:14 am 
1000 CLUB

"One person familiar with the script permutations says the story at one point morphed into a narrative led by women and filled with life lessons. Blade was relegated to the fourth lead, a bizarre idea considering that the studio had two-time Oscar winner Ali on board." :lol:

Kang was a great idea...a villain that will have his ass kicked a dozen times by the time he meets the Avengers. I think he's already died 4 times.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:20 am 

Even their stuff devoid of wokeness sucks. It’s all a problem.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:00 am 
1000 CLUB

When they scrapped Daredevil they said their process wasn't working and they were going to start making movies and shows like everyone else. We'll see. I don't think there's any way they pull themselves out of the mess they created it would be too hard. Meanwhile they've got another Indy 5 level catastrophe coming in a couple weeks The Marvels a movie that needs to make 900 million and will be lucky to do 400 million. :lol:

9 episodes of She-Hulk cost Disney 225 million. Warner made Dune for 165 Million. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:57 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
MongoMuller wrote:
When they scrapped Daredevil they said their process wasn't working and they were going to start making movies and shows like everyone else. We'll see. I don't think there's any way they pull themselves out of the mess they created it would be too hard. Meanwhile they've got another Indy 5 level catastrophe coming in a couple weeks The Marvels a movie that needs to make 900 million and will be lucky to do 400 million. :lol:

9 episodes of She-Hulk cost Disney 225 million. Warner made Dune for 165 Million. :lol:

Probably have to sell IP for them to recover. 4 women and life lessons being focus of Blade.. That's something. 25 million an episode for she hulk with botched cgi on release. When I happen to be in the room when the kids watch this stuff it's just not very good. Lot of these series might be fine as a movie if you condense the story line. Over saturated the market just like they did with Star Wars. Let things breath.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:46 am 
1000 CLUB

Drunk Squirrel wrote:
Probably have to sell IP for them to recover. 4 women and life lessons being focus of Blade.. That's something. 25 million an episode for she hulk with botched cgi on release. When I happen to be in the room when the kids watch this stuff it's just not very good. Lot of these series might be fine as a movie if you condense the story line. Over saturated the market just like they did with Star Wars. Let things breath.

Secret Invasion was the worst show I've ever seen. It seems that show cost as much as She-Hulk. The only decent part was the unintentionally funny part where Daenarys Targaryen gets huge vfx muscles and kills the bad guy after posing and showing off her new muscles to intimidate him. It was another bait and switch they want you to think its a Nick Fury show when its not. The worst part is they ruined Nick Fury and he's a main character in their next movie that's already in big trouble.

They have a Snow White coming that looks terrible. They decided it was racist to have little people play the 7 dwarves. The dwarves in Snow White aren't midgets they're like elves so I don't think they even understand the story. They shot the movie with a random bunch of weirdos in their place but they just released a shot showing vfx dwarves and announced they pushed the movie to 2025 so it looks like they're going to go back and erase the weirdos and replace them with vfx. I can't even imagine how expensive that's going to be.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:59 am 

Loki is pretty awesome though. Hopefully the lesson is that men can still in fact be lead superheroes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:09 am 
1000 CLUB

Did they let a man kill Kang this time?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 3:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
MongoMuller wrote:
Drunk Squirrel wrote:

Secret Invasion was the worst show I've ever seen. It seems that show cost as much as She-Hulk. The only decent part was the unintentionally funny part where Daenarys Targaryen gets huge vfx muscles and kills the bad guy after posing and showing off her new muscles to intimidate him. It was another bait and switch they want you to think its a Nick Fury show when its not. The worst part is they ruined Nick Fury and he's a main character in their next movie that's already in big trouble.

They have a Snow White coming that looks terrible. They decided it was racist to have little people play the 7 dwarves. The dwarves in Snow White aren't midgets they're like elves so I don't think they even understand the story. They shot the movie with a random bunch of weirdos in their place but they just released a shot showing vfx dwarves and announced they pushed the movie to 2025 so it looks like they're going to go back and erase the weirdos and replace them with vfx. I can't even imagine how expensive that's going to be.

I vaguelyy remember that finale. I didn't watch much of the show so it was completely confusing. Oh well, they just can't get out of their own way at this point. I'm not sure it matters how m much work they do on the Snow White. It's likely poison now anyways. Might be time for people to go back to PR school. Or get new teachers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:19 am 
1000 CLUB

The more they promote this the lower the projections. It started 70-90 million opening and now its down to 50-70. The scene at end of trailer looks terrible. Marvel Jr. is falling from the sky and diverse Marvel is confused then Nick Fury yells "black girl magic!" and she starts flying...oof. The big reveal in the trailer is a lesbian that calls herself "King" turns up. It looks like the only 2 men in movie are Nick Fury who they made a bitch and a guy that got caught sending dick pics to a 14 year old. When this flops they'll still blame men for not going to see it when women won't go to see this pos either.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:58 am 

Dean Richards on WGN tends to try and pump movies up during his reviews. Maybe selective memory on my part, but i don’t remember many below C/C+. He just gave Marvels a D

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:19 am 

this will be another case of the SJW's on social media claiming the bigots were afraid to see this movie if it flops. the same people who also probably aren't going to see it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:28 am 
1000 CLUB

In their conference call 2 days ago Iger said this movie would be a good earner for them. This movie is going to lose hundreds of millions of dollars. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:24 pm 

Best part of that trailer was the shots of Ironman and Captain America.

Fits Magic > Black Girl Magic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:53 pm 

I think there's some rose colored glasses here on the old Marvel movies. MANY of them sucked just as bad as the new ones but benefitted from people not being fatigued by over exposure through multiple movies a year with multiple Disney+ shows at the same time and them just being new. Phase 1 was 6 movies in 4 years (IM, Hulk, IM2, Thor, CA, Avengers). Going back to 2021, the start of the current "phase," there's Marvels, GOTG 3, Ant Man 3, BP 2, Thor 4, Spider-man 3, Eternals, Chang-Shi, and Black Widow for movies and Wandavision, Falcon and the Winter Soldier, Loki, What if..., Hawkeye, Moon Knight, Ms Marvel, She-Hulk, Secret Invasion, and Loki 2. 9 Movies and 10 shows in a year's less time than phase 1, you could even say 2 years time since they didn't release IM3 until a year after Avengers. First phase had 1 sequel and the team up, this phase has had the same amount of movie sequels as total movies in P1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
W_Z wrote:
this will be another case of the SJW's on social media claiming the bigots were afraid to see this movie if it flops. the same people who also probably aren't going to see it.

shots fired and JDC

And she might see it, it only requires her to sit in a chair and eat snacks. Much easier than some womens' march.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next