It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Disney
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:31 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Crystal Skull was about as imperfect as a movie could be. This new one doesn't sound great.

It's hard to change over or keep a franchise going especially when you have an iconic character or actor. I can't picture Jack Nicholson or Tom Selleck as Indy even though I like both actors. Maybe flashbacks with a different character and same type of plot line or flash forwards with Ford handing the same type of plots to grandkids or mentored students or something would have worked. I think time travel is tough to pull off in movies and liked the mystique of the religious artifacts in the previous movies this one sounds like it will miss that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:37 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Spaulding wrote:
Crystal Skull was about as imperfect as a movie could be. This new one doesn't sound great.

It's hard to change over or keep a franchise going especially when you have an iconic character or actor. I can't picture Jack Nicholson or Tom Selleck as Indy even though I like both actors. Maybe flashbacks with a different character and same type of plot line or flash forwards with Ford handing the same type of plots to grandkids or mentored students or something would have worked. I think time travel is tough to pull off in movies and liked the mystique of the religious artifacts in the previous movies this one sounds like it will miss that.

They had that with Shia Labeouf with the last film. Could of passed the torch to him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Shia is persona non grata I thought.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 12:33 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Unfortunately, after some self examination, he turned Catholic. Had he, after self examination, cut his dick and balls off, he'd be right back in the mix.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:21 pm 

Cashman wrote:
They had that with Shia Labeouf with the last film. Could of passed the torch to him.

Gretchen, stop trying to make fetch happen.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 2:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Cashman wrote:

Kennedy knew that is what the fans wanted so she made sure it couldn't happen. Instead we get the goddaughter of one of Indy's closest friends...someone never mentioned in any of the previous 4 movies they were so close.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
First I’ve heard of the fans wanting LeBeouf. Nothing wrong with him, but he was completely replaceable, just not by her.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
yeah, nobody wanted Shia to become the new indy.

when i saw it, everyone in the theater groaned when the hat ends up at his feet at the end. and then when ford picked it back up. we all high fived and hooted and raised our hands in triumph and chanted INDY! INDY! INDY!

8)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

When word started getting out about Fleabag is when people started wondering why it wasn't his son. I doubt the support for LaBeouf is that strong (I'm not a fan) so I don't think too many people would have minded a recast. The problem is this is a Fleabag movie after first 20 minutes. She gets a backstory, flashbacks, and a sidekick. She also has a couple love interests because even though she's an English 6 at best men can't control themselves around her. The plot leaks from Cannes were so ridiculous people thought they were fake but they've been confirmed as they've been doing screenings at the Disney lot trying to get their review scores up.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 5:01 pm 

whats the beef with Waller? Was her show awful? Or is she just bad?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Yeah, seems a weird axe to grind against PWB and stanning for Shia. Fleabag was a great British show, if you don't like British TV it wasn't for you. The Hot Priest is a cultural icon and MANY people know about paddling the pink canoe to Obama. She's been in plenty of other acceptable things. Does it mean she should take over Indy? Not really, but no worse than giving it to the guy from the fucking Transformers movies. Plus she was in Solo, Harrison Ford was Han Solo, close enough.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

I don't think anyone would have been successful in that part. The character is ridiculous. She was Lando's sex robot in Solo. I didn't see that one but I heard she was annoying. Some people like her show but I haven't seen it. The only place I've seen her was in the trailers and clips. She killed off James Bond because somebody thinks she can write. I didn't see that one either.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:26 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
Cashman wrote:

Kennedy knew that is what the fans wanted so she made sure it couldn't happen. Instead we get the goddaughter of one of Indy's closest friends...someone never mentioned in any of the previous 4 movies they were so close.

getting to this point, I took Indy's thoughts about the ark of the covenant after Brodie's warning to mean that he was not religious, so why would anyone have chosen him as a godfather.

Anyway, you know you are a pretty unlikable character when you are waxing poetic about Shia Lebouf taking over the franchise

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:37 am 

good dolphin wrote:
getting to this point, I took Indy's thoughts about the ark of the covenant after Brodie's warning to mean that he was not religious, so why would anyone have chosen him as a godfather.
I feel personally attacked by this comment.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:41 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
I don't think anyone would have been successful in that part. The character is ridiculous. She was Lando's sex robot in Solo. I didn't see that one but I heard she was annoying. Some people like her show but I haven't seen it. The only place I've seen her was in the trailers and clips. She killed off James Bond because somebody thinks she can write. I didn't see that one either.

They tried the Indy television show and it didn't work. I think a lot of the success can be attributed to Harrison Ford, who's pretty unique in being able to pull off a convincing professor who is also a action hero. He also has the rare quality of being hot enough that pretty much all women think he's hot and men think he's cool.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:13 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
whats the beef with Waller? Was her show awful? Or is she just bad?

No, her show was fantastic and she's great. Highly recommended.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:15 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
Some people like her show but I haven't seen it. .

Some people? LOL try finding 3 people who didn't like it. It's a great show.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:48 am 

Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I didn't know someone chose you as a godfather. It's no personal attack to say you would be slightly underqualified for the position.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 10:45 am 

my friends idiot sister thought if she was chosen as their kids' godmother and the mom died, she would be required by law to marry her husband.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:13 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I didn't know someone chose you as a godfather. It's no personal attack to say you would be slightly underqualified for the position.

I know about Jesus.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:27 am 

Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I know about Jesus.

But he doesn't get you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:03 pm 

Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Brick wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

I know about Jesus.

isn't he the guy who makes breakfast for bigfan?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

Anyway, you know you are a pretty unlikable character when you are waxing poetic about Shia Lebouf taking over the franchise

I don't think anyone is waxing poetic about Shia Lebouf. Does he even act anymore? Has he been in anything in the last 10 years? When word started leaking that this was a passing of the torch situation with Fleabag people started wondering why it wasn't his son. Her character tested so poorly in screenings they had to do re-shoots including the ending. When they reviewed the movie after Cannes her character was singled out. The BBC said watching Indy being lead around by Fleabag was "depressing". From trailers and clips and reviews its pretty obvious this is a character that didn't work.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:14 pm 
1000 CLUB

shakes wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:

I'm glad you enjoy it. I certainly didn't mean to offend the Fleabag fans. She might be great in that show but in Indy 5 she's knocking men out with her fists and doing a lot of stunts and she's supposed to be hot. That seems like a stretch to me from the trailers I've seen but I hope you enjoy her performance. You can get free tickets from Applebee's with a $35 purchase. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:26 am 

I think the running joke over two seasons of Fleabag is how average looking she is, with her boyfriend liking her specifically because of her underdeveloped chest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:26 am 

MongoMuller wrote:
shakes wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:

I'm glad you enjoy it. I certainly didn't mean to offend the Fleabag fans. She might be great in that show but in Indy 5 she's knocking men out with her fists and doing a lot of stunts and she's supposed to be hot. That seems like a stretch to me from the trailers I've seen but I hope you enjoy her performance. You can get free tickets from Applebee's with a $35 purchase. :lol:

I said from minute one that it makes no sense for her to be in Indy and have no desire to see that. Doesn't change anything about her show Fleabag being fantastic.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:13 am 

Shakes is the GOAT of compartmentalization.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:48 pm 

Is Karen Allen cute?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:44 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Spaulding wrote:
Is Karen Allen cute?

40 years ago.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:04 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Darkside wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Is Karen Allen cute?

40 years ago.

She has a gorgeous smile. Still would.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 250 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next