It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 12:51 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Monday Night Football
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Monday Night Football

It’s going to be special. What a team of Hall of Fame Broadcasters we have for this year’s new version of Monday Night Football on the BooYah Network.

Leading the team is announcer Mike Tirico, who was last seen groping a female ESPN assistant and avoiding sexual harassment charges and a pink slip from his employer. After seeing what ESPN and other Disney companies have done to those accused of harrassment on the job, one wonders how Tirico has skated by without consequence. Does he have unflattering pictures of somebody in power at ESPN? What a model citizen he is to lead a national prime time broadcast. The Disney suits must be proud. Too bad he barely knows pro football, having spent the last several years doing college ball. Anyone care to guess an over/under on University of Michigan references that this Ann Arbor resident will make in each game?

Backing up Tirico is the never-at-a-loss-for-words Joe Theisman, whose claim to fame still remains suffering the single most dramatic injury in the 30 year history of Monday Night Football. Theisman may be okay in small doses, but in this booth he will be competing with another mouthy one sitting in the third seat. So we can expect to get a healthy competition for air time and thus, a full dose of Theisman.

Adding his special brand of know nothingness is the third man in the (three is a crowd) booth, Tony Kornheiser. When last seen, TK was failing at his latest version of a radio show. He is perhaps the only person who has ever held a prime time announcing gig who readily admits he hardly cares much about it. In a recent column in the Washington Post, he admits he has never watched an entire Monday Night Football game in 30 years because he was always asleep. He also admits that he hardly knows the coaches, doesn’t know many of the players, hasn’t prepared at all and really doesn’t care. He thinks his job is to "be himself", which I guess means being his usual unprepared, uninformed self. To paraphrase Dean Wormer, “being asleep and unprepared is no way to do a job, son.”

To make matters worse, we get not one but TWO CHICKS WOW on the sidelines. Michelle Tafoya is a competent sports broadcasting pro who can do perfunctory interviews and provide the necessary quotient of hardly relevant details. If we must have a chick on the sidelines, then Tafoya is probably as competent as they are gonna get. She is certainly better than the single digit IQ Lisa Guerrero, who used to have this gig. However, we also are going to get the perky one, Suzy Kolber, sashaying on the sidelines. What’s the over-under on another ex-jock propositioning Suzy on the sidelines? I can’t wait for the inevitable 49-7 laugher and hear Suzy tell us “it’s a great game guys and it’s going to the wire.”

This broadcasting team has LOSER written all over it. I’m not sure who exactly the Boo-Yah network is targeting with this broadcasting team, ’but I know I sure as hell am not in the target demo. I’ll watch the games, but with the sound off.

Monday Night Football radio HELLO!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Coast2Coast on Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Jobu
Coast2Coast wrote:
Backing up Tirico is the never-at-a-loss-for-words Joe Theisman, whose claim to fame still remains suffering the single most dramatic injury in the 30 year history of Monday Night Football.

I prefer to remember him for divorcing Kathy Lee Crosby and driving her into bankruptcy when he sued her for half of everything she had.

Tremendous cojones, my friend. Or a severe testosterone shortage.

1999-2000-2009
----------
XXI - XXV - XLII - XLVI

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:21 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Backing up Tirico is the never-at-a-loss-for-words Joe Theisman, whose claim to fame still remains suffering the single most dramatic injury in the 30 year history of Monday Night Football.

I prefer to remember him for divorcing Kathy Lee Crosby and driving her into bankruptcy when he sued her for half of everything she had.

Tremendous cojones, my friend. Or a severe testosterone shortage.

him for divorcing Kathy Lee Crosby...BY FAX

Yes, Joe couldn't even inform her he wanted a divorce in person.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ozmodiar
Quote:
him for divorcing Kathy Lee Crosby...BY FAX

Yes, Joe couldn't even inform her he wanted a divorce in person.

Hey at least he sent a fax. As far as some divorces go, that might actually be considered a class act.

My first wife filed the papers and left me a voice mail telling me they had been filed. "You are picking up the kids tonight and by the way I filed for divorce today."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Jobu
Oh my. That is the living, breathing embodiment of your current avatar, Coast2Coast.

1999-2000-2009
----------
XXI - XXV - XLII - XLVI

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:46 am 

Coast2Coast wrote:
Adding his special brand of know nothingness is the third man in the (three is a crowd) booth, Tony Kornheiser. When last seen, TK was failing at his latest version of a radio show.

I saw him yesterday on a very successful TV show. PTI. Perhaps you've heard of it?

At least Kornheiser is a sports writer. He's not going to be breaking down the cover-2 but I'd like to at least hear him before canning him.

Tom S.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:25 am 
1000 CLUB

tshanno wrote:
Coast2Coast wrote:
Adding his special brand of know nothingness is the third man in the (three is a crowd) booth, Tony Kornheiser. When last seen, TK was failing at his latest version of a radio show.

I saw him yesterday on a very successful TV show. PTI. Perhaps you've heard of it?

At least Kornheiser is a sports writer. He's not going to be breaking down the cover-2 but I'd like to at least hear him before canning him.

Tom S.

Kornheiser is a turd who has no business anywhere near a football broadcast. I don't care what he has to say about anything.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:41 am 

Quote:
Kornheiser is a turd who has no business anywhere near a football broadcast. I don't care what he has to say about anything.

Very open minded of you.

FWIW I did listen to his radio show (the first time around). And I did like it but it got particularly interesting when he did interviews. I frequently found my self saying, "Good question. I should have thought of that." I've found to be a sure sign that you're dealing with intelligence. I'm not saying its neccessarily going to translate to MNF well. But I consider to to be a good sign.

Again, I'd like to hear it. I might end up trashing it but I would like to hear it.

Tom S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
I'm willing to give him a chance. I like him on PTI, but I don't know if the curmugeon shtick will work in that arena. Tirico's gonna have to fight to get a word in edgewise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
A7X wrote:
I'm willing to give him a chance. I like him on PTI, but I don't know if the curmugeon shtick will work in that arena. Tirico's gonna have to fight to get a word in edgewise.

Well from what i read in another thread if Tirico doesnt get his way he just forces himself on the other person. Tony should be ready to get some Mike Tirico man lovin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:21 am 
1000 CLUB

anybody listen to these knuckleheads last night? i try to avoid preseason unless the beloved are playing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:53 am 

Spinnin' Bucket wrote:
anybody listen to these knuckleheads last night? i try to avoid preseason unless the beloved are playing.

http://score670.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6361

Tom S.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:17 am 

Bump

Bears game was the first I have caught all season. Was that a typical broadcast or did Bristol just assume it was going to be a blow out?

Do they always spend a whole quarter with a "celeb"? There's an f_ing game on guys...where are the replays? I don't need to see the booth 5 or 6 times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:15 am 

Quote:
Do they always spend a whole quarter with a "celeb"?

Yes, sadly. At least this time it was a former athelete and fairly entertaining guy in Barkly. One time they had some douchebag from 'Desperate Houswives.' Blech.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?