It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 4:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
For someone who has apparently consumed more Caleb Williams content than anyone else, I'm confident he's nothing like Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson may be a great father, but his image is fake and no one wants to be around him. It's the opposite for Caleb.

Like the rest of us, you know nothing about Caleb. As we have seen time and again we really know nothing about any celebrity.

The same could be true for the people we sleep next to. I simply said I was confident in my assessment of him, not that I'm absolutely certain. I believe I have more data points than most.

I think Caleb is far more likely to explode and fight than he is to turn the other cheek or whatever it is that Russell Wilson does. I feel more confident in my assessment of the person than I do my assessment of what he'll be as an NFL player.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 5:01 pm 

Nas wrote:
I think Caleb is far more likely to explode and fight than he is to turn the other cheek or whatever it is that Russell Wilson does.

this is the way i see it too. he is getting the lebron treatment, and it might even get to his head like it did lebron, but will we fucking care? at worst it should lead to one superbowl. and im not convinced lebron would have drove to be as great as he was without the hype. theres no way to gauge that, we will never know. but he did win titles.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
For someone who has apparently consumed more Caleb Williams content than anyone else, I'm confident he's nothing like Russell Wilson. Russell Wilson may be a great father, but his image is fake and no one wants to be around him. It's the opposite for Caleb.

Like the rest of us, you know nothing about Caleb. As we have seen time and again we really know nothing about any celebrity.

The same could be true for the people we sleep next to. I simply said I was confident in my assessment of him, not that I'm absolutely certain. I believe I have more data points than most.
To
I think Caleb is far more likely to explode and fight than he is to turn the other cheek or whatever it is that Russell Wilson does. I feel more confident in my assessment of the person than I do my assessment of what he'll be as an NFL player.

Where were your data points a year ago when you were dissing him and promoting Maye? I’ll stick with none of us knowing anything about him personally.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 6:30 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
Nas wrote:
I think Caleb is far more likely to explode and fight than he is to turn the other cheek or whatever it is that Russell Wilson does.

this is the way i see it too. he is getting the lebron treatment, and it might even get to his head like it did lebron, but will we fucking care? at worst it should lead to one superbowl. and im not convinced lebron would have drove to be as great as he was without the hype. theres no way to gauge that, we will never know. but he did win titles.

Lebron was a much better prospect and basketball is much easier to evaluate than a QB.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 9:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

To

Where were your data points a year ago when you were dissing him and promoting Maye? I’ll stick with none of us knowing anything about him personally.

You probably won't, but you should try reading my posts more. As I explained a few times, I had never heard him speak until the season ended. My opinion of him as a person was based solely on media reports. I took the time to watch his readily available podcast that featured his teammates. I watched the various podcasts he was a guest on and MANY interviews he had given others. Because of that, I was able to do my own assessment of him as a person. An amazing thing can happen when you get more information. You can modify bad opinions. I did. The media also changed their opinion once they actually did their jobs and listened to him.

I'm not a college football fan. I didn't even know Justin Fields was balck until he was selected. I watched a couple highlight videos of Maye and Caleb from 2022. That and the media narrative made me prefer Maye.

I decided to be a crack college football scout again after this season was over. The results from last year was mostly bad. Hopefully, my scouting eye improved this year. I have 2 years of experience as a crack college football scout. I have a lifetime of experience judging people and their tendencies. I don't generally suck at judging people. IIRC, outside of offensive tackle, I generally sucked judging the way college highlights would translate to the NFL last year.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2024 9:42 pm 

Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Nas wrote:

To

You probably won't, but you should try reading my posts more. As I explained a few times, I had never heard him speak until the season ended. My opinion of him as a person was based solely on media reports. I took the time to watch his readily available podcast that featured his teammates. I watched the various podcasts he was a guest on and MANY interviews he had given others. Because of that, I was able to do my own assessment of him as a person. An amazing thing can happen when you get more information. You can modify bad opinions. I did. The media also changed their opinion once they actually did their jobs and listened to him.

I'm not a college football fan. I didn't even know Justin Fields was balck until he was selected. I watched a couple highlight videos of Maye and Caleb from 2022. That and the media narrative made me prefer Maye.

I decided to be a crack college football scout again after this season was over. The results from last year was mostly bad. Hopefully, my scouting eye improved this year. I have 2 years of experience as a crack college football scout. I have a lifetime of experience judging people and their tendencies. I don't generally suck at judging people. IIRC, outside of offensive tackle, I generally sucked judging the way college highlights would translate to the NFL last year.
Your first sentence is one area we can agree on. Quite frankly I couldn’t even make it through this post. :D

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2024 10:28 am 
100000 CLUB

You're an evil man.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 7:05 am 

I'm concerned

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 7:36 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
I'm concerned

You were warned.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
On the upside, defense looking good.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 9:24 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Jayden Daniels has supposedly looked great so far for the Commanders.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 9:28 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I'm concerned

You were warned.

Are you saying that you don't think Williams will be any good?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 9:31 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Maye and Daniels justifying their draft position so far in OTAs; McCarthy/C-Will looking over-drafted. 50% hit rate on top 10 QBs sounds about right.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 11:09 am 

Hussra wrote:
Maye and Daniels justifying their draft position so far in OTAs; McCarthy/C-Will looking over-drafted. 50% hit rate on top 10 QBs sounds about right.

If it plays out that way IRL, that would make Nas 100%.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 11:56 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
I'm concerned

You were warned.

Are you saying that you don't think Williams will be any good?

Unequivocally saying that he will NOT be a generational talent

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
That's not really going out on a limb. "He won't be Mahomes or Brady!"

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
The fact that he looked bad against good to very good defenses at the collegiate level should be enough to concern anyone.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 5:50 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Mahomes first OTAs as the starter. This after a year of sitting behind Alex Smith. I couldn't find anything on Brady.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/05 ... k-of-otas/

Quote:
Charles Goldman
May 28, 2018 8:15 am CT

....Now that Mahomes is under the microscope as the Chiefs’ starter, the national media are judging him more harshly. In team drills during the final day of OTAs last week, Mahomes threw multiple interceptions and completed only 11 of 27 passes.

That’s not exactly what people consider a good day, and when the national media got wind of it, they had to cast a shadow of doubt over the excitement surrounding Mahomes. I remember days when the Chiefs defense got the best of Alex Smith during OTAs, minicamp and training camp during team drills, and he never got torched by the media....

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Not concerned one bit. 7 on 7 is pointless, the defense knows it's always gonna be a pass.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 6:11 pm 

a genius wrote:
Mahomes first OTAs as the starter. This after a year of sitting behind Alex Smith. I couldn't find anything on Brady.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2018/05 ... k-of-otas/

Quote:
Charles Goldman
May 28, 2018 8:15 am CT

....Now that Mahomes is under the microscope as the Chiefs’ starter, the national media are judging him more harshly. In team drills during the final day of OTAs last week, Mahomes threw multiple interceptions and completed only 11 of 27 passes.

That’s not exactly what people consider a good day, and when the national media got wind of it, they had to cast a shadow of doubt over the excitement surrounding Mahomes. I remember days when the Chiefs defense got the best of Alex Smith during OTAs, minicamp and training camp during team drills, and he never got torched by the media....

It feels like the author is hinting at racism being at the root of the criticism.

Last edited by Zippy-The-Pinhead on Tue May 28, 2024 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 6:13 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Not concerned one bit. 7 on 7 is pointless, the defense knows it's always gonna be a pass.

So no QB would look good in this situation? Got it.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 6:17 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Jordan Love was terrible for 2.5 years until he became a dominant force.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 6:20 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If the defense was bad. The Bears have two great corners and maybe the best nickel in football in twinkle toes. Since there is no threat of a run they can load up on DB's and also Odunze and Allen were out as I already mentioned. If you don't know football then yes, this would raise alarms.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 6:46 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
It's May. Relax. Its May. Bunch or crazy right here. :lol:

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 6:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Ricobene's
Caller Bob wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

If the defense was bad. The Bears have two great corners and maybe the best nickel in football in twinkle toes. Since there is no threat of a run they can load up on DB's and also Odunze and Allen were out as I already mentioned. If you don't know football then yes, this would raise alarms.

In college he also looked bad against "good defenses". Which should be a cause for concern. People who claim to "know football" or sports in general should be able to understand this.It's why terms like"4A" prospects exists in Baseball.
He slayed bum defenses in college according to the numbers.
And even when you watch him play and look good on film, it's not like he overwhelms with his "physical gifts". He is an undersized QB with average speed and hardly a "cannon" for an arm.
If you think that spells "generational talent", then what era and generation are you talking, that of the Single T formation?

Last edited by The Doctor Of Style on Tue May 28, 2024 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Darkside wrote:

^ this guy gets it

I may tune out all football coverage until August.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

Brick wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Jordan Love was terrible for 2.5 years until he became a dominant force.

So did AR, but you won’t find posts from me saying that’s a good thing.

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Darkside wrote:

^ this guy gets it

I may tune out all football coverage until August.

First time to the board?

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 6:52 pm 

The Doctor Of Style wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

In college he also looked bad against "good defenses". Which should be a cause for concern. People who claim to "know football" or sports in general should be able to understand this.It's why terms like"4A" prospects exists in Baseball.
He slayed bum defenses in college according to the numbers.
And even when you watch him play and look good on film, it's not like he overwhelms with his "physical gifts". He is an undersized QB with above average speed and hardly a "cannon" for an arm.
If you think that spells "generational talent", then what era and generation are you talking, that of the Single T formation?

Stick to the NBA

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2024 6:53 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Let’s hope he doesn’t go up against any good defenses.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 388 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 13  Next