It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Michael Lufrano
PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 8:45 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
I know, you probably said ...who? Well, just read on

As a cub fan it was very disheartening to be amongst all the Sox fans yesterday, who actually I believe showed Pity on cubs fans or they just didn't feel it was right to beat up the retarded kid

But being a Cub fan I had to settle for a simple and quick debreifing of introducing myself to Michael Lufrano, VP of Community Relation and In House Counsel and for some reason he came down to our section looking for someone. Mike made the mistake of wearing his Cubs ID badge. As a Diehard fan that blames a majority of issues on the Cubs business priority oriented team philosophy , (I still think Dusty is a bad manager) even drunk this was my oppurtunity to ask some questions, as Micheal"s name was always mentioned as the lead spokesperson in the ticket broker scam, the rooftop issue, the expansion issue, etc.

"Michael" I yelled
"Yes...." ML
As I extended my hand to shake his, he walked over to me as if I knew him from a prior meeting.
"How are you...long time, no talk." Me
"yes yes, how are you?" ML
'Not good Mike, let me ask you a few questions....with basically maximizing every single revenue possible from every single nook and cranny of the park and the neighbors and with selling over 3 million tickets again for the 5th year in a row, how in the world do the White Sox spend more money than us?" Me
"How do I know you?" ML
"You don't, i just saw your name tag and I recognized it from all the Cubs eminant domain attempts and figured for $7000 I could get to ask a few questions?" Me
He points at me...laughs ....the guys sittiing behind us and next to us all start cracking up...Mike starts walking away..
"NO, I'M SERIOUS, WHY DO WE SUCK?" ME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:50 am 

I would have been a little less bold being in the business you are in BF. He also sits on a community association board in the Lincoln Park area and frequently holds much sway over development in the area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Twas all in good fun, as you know, plus as I do live in his "Neighborhood" Wrigleyhood Council, and I have actually almost always supported whatever they want to do, as I always say "Unless you lived there before the park was built you have nothing to say and if you lived there after 1984, you have nothng to say"

Still wish they had more pissers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:33 am 

I'm talking about the neighborhood where he lives, not where he works. Lincoln Park slightly north and west of De Paul.