It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 2:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: H O R S E (2 games)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Coast2Coasts post reminde dme of this one.

I formerly lived on the NW corner of Belden and Sheffield. the Lower Level (AKA Garden apt) right on the very corner, acorss the street from Alumni Hall. Went shoot almost everyday.

due to depaul being a smaller school (and still is) in the early 90's you could always run into a Joey meyer or a Bill Jauss doing a story, plus they had some better teams with Strickland, Comegys, Brundy, T Greene....but I digress.

1. Walk into the gym to shoot and Ray Meyer and the Janitor are shooting drop kick half court shots for dollars! Coach Ray invited me to join as he made one, they shot about 50% from Half court by drop kicking the ball in! I declined and shot at the other basket.

2. Walk in another day to shoot and Magic, Kareem and James Worthy are shooting. Riley was on his cell up in the stands. I said nothing, went to the other end to shoot and Magic did invite me to play PIG! yes, I went out quick as Magic was shooting half court hooks, etc.

No Autographs or evidence of this one. Sorry. Except for some Old depaul Unifromas I still have from hanging there so much.