It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:03 pm 

This has got to stop. This dude will prostitute himself for anyone that provides an anti-Reinsdorf/management riff. It gets old afterawhile. At this point he can't even pretend to be objective. Here is but the latest from this hack:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=w ... NuoHdG5BAw

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
That is way too much "unnamed source" quoting to directly refute the public comments of someone.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:24 pm 

Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
That is way too much "unnamed source" quoting to directly refute the public comments of someone.

I agree and what is with the "amnesia" garbage. Has Butler ever gone on the record about this? How does Cowley know it is amnesia? It sounds like Butler was the source originally and maybe Cowley simply forgot. He has inadvertently outed Butler as a leaker if that is the case. He did the same thing with Guillen aND Thibs.

He was the goto guy whenever they wanted to get something Anti management out and now it is happening with Butler.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
The Bulls and Sox management sucks, he picked the right side.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:34 am 

I think he hates KW more than Reinsdorf but he hates KW because of Reinsdorf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:42 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Thibs and Ozzie loved Uncle Jerry. Thibs hates Gar and Ozzie hates Kenny. Butler loves them all.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
I love Cowley. Weird that he's raising his kids in Minnesota and spends most of his time there.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:52 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Joe Cowley is great. Motion denied.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:54 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:

He is making up shit. The Bulls didn't diss Rose after he left. Didn't diss Noah either. They simply traded them. Use of unnamed sources is weak and if Butler himself isn't really confirming it he should not have went with the story.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
should be a full time WSCR host.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
was in the car just now and heard him on with Spiegel and Parkins.....holy shit what a douche

when Grimace and whoever the other dope is come off looking good ...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:34 pm 

Of course Randy Brown is a locker room spy. That is common knowledge.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Hatchetman wrote:
should be a full time WSCR host.

Should be locked in a steamer trunk and shoved into the Chicago River.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:54 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
long time guy wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

. Use of unnamed sources is weak

Not sure if you understand how "reporting" works.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
Love Cowley.

All the news guys in Chicago are too afraid to report anything not approved by the team they cover.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:57 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Use of unnamed sources is weak

Richard Nixon agrees.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Douchebag wrote:
Of course Randy Brown is a locker room spy. That is common knowledge.

They basically took him off the street and gave him $100k+ salary. He owes them

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:10 am 

At it again.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/was- ... by-garpax/

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:11 am 

pizza_Place: Pequods

It's pretty easy to figure out his unnamed sources though.

When he was trashing KW around 2009-2011, it was 100% clear his source was Ozzie.

I had no problem with it either, KW needed to be shredded then.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:13 am 

America wrote:
I love Cowley. Weird that he's raising his kids in Minnesota and spends most of his time there.

Better place to live

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:20 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

When he was trashing KW around 2009-2011, it was 100% clear his source was Ozzie.

There rarely is any substance to what he writes though. His stuff is no better than the crap that Goff spews when you get down to it. Phony insider stuff that's slanted because he has an ax to grind with Reinsdorf. Mariottiesque actually.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:22 am 

long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

There rarely is any substance to what he writes though. His stuff is no better than the crap that Goff spews when you get down to it. Phony insider stuff that's slanted because he has an ax to grind with Reinsdorf. Mariottiesque actually.

Is it phony insider stuff when it's the manager of the team trashing the GM? I'd say that's as insider as you can get and to be honest, the manager was correct there. The GM was a moron. Heck, the fact that it was happening period was newsworthy in itself.

I'd say the track of the Sox after Ozzie's departure from 2012-2015 shows how correct Ozzie was.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:28 am 

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:

Is it phony insider stuff when it's the manager of the team trashing the GM? I'd say that's as insider as you can get and to be honest, the manager was correct there. The GM was a moron. Heck, the fact that it was happening period was newsworthy in itself.

I don't want to revisit the Ozzie stuff. In the case of the Bulls this article among many written by him is misleading. It implies that the Bulls had a legit chance to acquire Irving and somehow blew it. Cleveland would have only accepted Butler off of the current roster. Does Cowley mention that as a more credible columnist would? 2 Cowley has written other articles which stated that Irving's leaving was contingent on LeBron leaving. Now it is alleged that Irving doesn't wish to play alongside LeBron. Where were Cowley's sources on that one?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
long time guy wrote:
I don't want to revisit the Ozzie stuff. In the case of the Bulls this article among many written by him is misleading. It implies that the Bulls had a legit chance to acquire Irving and somehow blew it. Cleveland would have only accepted Butler off of the current roster. Does Cowley mention that as a more credible columnist would?

Any credible columnist would also of course have to mention that the main reason the Bulls didn't have any assets outside of Butler with which to acquire Irving is because GarPax have utterly whiffed for 5 straight years in the draft and free agency. And if and when Cowley did that you'd probably be here accusing him of being unfair to the front office or having an agenda, as usual.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:01 am 

Considering the sheer number of complete management shills writing in the papers and talking the air, Cowley can and should rip on the shitty management of these teams all he wants, sources or not.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:08 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
I don't want to revisit the Ozzie stuff. In the case of the Bulls this article among many written by him is misleading. It implies that the Bulls had a legit chance to acquire Irving and somehow blew it. Cleveland would have only accepted Butler off of the current roster. Does Cowley mention that as a more credible columnist would?

Any credible columnist would also of course have to mention that the main reason the Bulls didn't have any assets outside of Butler with which to acquire Irving is because GarPax have utterly whiffed for 5 straight years in the draft and free agency. And if and when Cowley did that you'd probably be here accusing him of being unfair to the front office or having an agenda, as usual.

That's irrelevant. For the sake of argument I will ask you to name 1 player that they passed on that would have allowed them to trade for Irving? I guarantee you could not do it.

Actually I will ask for 2 players that they passed on that Cleveland will accept for Irving? Words of Caution: This may take awhile.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:22 am 

long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

That's irrelevant. For the sake of argument I will ask you to name 1 player that they passed on that would have allowed them to trade for Irving? I guarantee you could not do it.

Actually I will ask for 2 players that they passed on that Cleveland will accept for Irving? Words of Caution: This may take awhile.

There is no one that this dumpster fire of a coaching staff could have developed into a good player. Great job front office!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:24 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

:lol: :lol: In the draft??! You think it was literally impossible for the Bulls to make better picks than trash like McDermott, Teague, and Snell??

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:44 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
:lol: :lol: In the draft??! You think it was literally impossible for the Bulls to make better picks than trash like McDermott, Teague, and Snell??

That's $46 million guaranteed Tony Snell pal!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:53 am 

ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:
ZephMarshack wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Here we go. You make a point (which you can't prove) I address it then you change your original point.

Again name the players that they passed on that would have allowed them to trade for Kyrie Irving? You stated that if they would not have whiffed during the past 5 years they would have been in position to trade for him. Ok now it's time to support it which you can't.

It is not about whether they could have drafted better. Nice try though.