It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:02 pm 

So in other news, Tony Khan has lost the locker room it seems....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

Whelp....honeymoon is over.

Ya kinda knew something was up when Cody left.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 6:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Cashman wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

You'd think he would've brought in a veteran dude to book by now in order to at least get a few more ideas on how to build behind some of the younger talent.

Interesting to see the Acclaimed get over by just being unique and concentrating more on getting over with the fans than getting over with the five star match crowd.

Many of the WWE castoffs were castoffs for a reason, Vince had not problem moving on once the cost of paying a talent outstripped what they were bringing in to the company.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:53 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
The Brawl For It All episode was fascinating as hell. What a terrible concept. The Mozdoz injury was tragic.
The Cornette/Russo heat was real. Russo comes off as an asshole

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:34 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

You'd think he would've brought in a veteran dude to book by now in order to at least get a few more ideas on how to build behind some of the younger talent.

Interesting to see the Acclaimed get over by just being unique and concentrating more on getting over with the fans than getting over with the five star match crowd.

Many of the WWE castoffs were castoffs for a reason, Vince had not problem moving on once the cost of paying a talent outstripped what they were bringing in to the company.

He expected Omega and the Elite to be involved in the booking.....That's not working well.

I like the matches in AEW but they need those storytellers to keep people engaged. While people might find some of the WWE storylines hokey, at least there is typically continuity.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:
Cashman wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

He expected Omega and the Elite to be involved in the booking.....That's not working well.

I like the matches in AEW but they need those storytellers to keep people engaged. While people might find some of the WWE storylines hokey, at least there is typically continuity.

I think the biggest issue is, he keeps trying to make indie guys mainstream. There is a reason they were/are on the indies. If I wanna watch gymnastics, I tune into the Olympics.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:19 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Quote:

seems like they book themselves to be always on top.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:35 am 

Cashman wrote:
I think the biggest issue is, he keeps trying to make indie guys mainstream. There is a reason they were/are on the indies. If I wanna watch gymnastics, I tune into the Olympics.

I feel like you can do it if you can develop storylines around them. It doesn't work when you just tell them to have a match and then you don't see them for months.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Cashman wrote:

I feel like you can do it if you can develop storylines around them. It doesn't work when you just tell them to have a match and then you don't see them for months.

The issue is that Cocaine Tony keeps bringing in new guys to pop a rating, then doesn't have anything useful to do with them, so they get shipped off to the streaming shows. Another issue is that you have to sit and watch the Young Bucks' jerkoff show, Being the Elite, to get half the storylines. None of their actual personalities are good enough to watch that crap unless you're a basement dweller with no life, so for the mass audience, AEW is just disconnected garbage for the most part.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:45 am 

Watched RAW for the first time in a couple months last night. Enjoyed it. Several good moments. Enjoyed seeing Gallows and Anderson back with AJ. The stuff with Judgement Day and Edge and Rey is pretty good. Brock coming back. Roman and the Bloodline. And a couple funny segments in the 25th anniv of DX.

In other news I have been listening to Kevin Nashs podcast Kliq this. He is a pretty interesting guy and sprays to a lot of fields. Tells some good stories about the business along the way.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Cashman wrote:

The issue is that Cocaine Tony keeps bringing in new guys to pop a rating, then doesn't have anything useful to do with them, so they get shipped off to the streaming shows. Another issue is that you have to sit and watch the Young Bucks' jerkoff show, Being the Elite, to get half the storylines. None of their actual personalities are good enough to watch that crap unless you're a basement dweller with no life, so for the mass audience, AEW is just disconnected garbage for the most part.

So your saying you love it .

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Phils' on 35th all you need to know
RFDC wrote:
Watched RAW for the first time in a couple months last night. Enjoyed it. Several good moments. Enjoyed seeing Gallows and Anderson back with AJ. The stuff with Judgement Day and Edge and Rey is pretty good. Brock coming back. Roman and the Bloodline. And a couple funny segments in the 25th anniv of DX.

In other news I have been listening to Kevin Nashs podcast Kliq this. He is a pretty interesting guy and sprays to a lot of fields. Tells some good stories about the business along the way.

Fuck Nash,Fuck the Kliq,Fuck DX, Fuck HHH and fuck WCW for going under

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:08 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That is Chief Boss HHH now. ;)

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:09 pm 

chaspoppcap wrote:
sjboyd0137 wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Cashman wrote:

So your saying you love it .

Don't you have a finger to insert up your ass?

chaspoppcap wrote:
RFDC wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:02 pm 

Watched the Beyond the Territories episode on the Lawler/Kaufman angle this morning, very well done because it gave you a great look inside the business in the early 1980's.

It turned out that Kaufman loved wrestling and never cashed any of the checks they gave him, he also paid for his own ambulance, paid for his own hospital stay while working the hospital staff, and kept wanting to work angles until he got cancer and couldn't do it anymore.

Lawler also said, and this might be a work, that Letterman told him that the Kaufman thing helped put the fledgling Letterman show on the map, not sure if that's true, but makes for a great story.

Kaufman also maintained kayfabe and never even told his family it was a work, Lawler never said anything until recently, even acting like he hated Kaufman even though they had a great working relationship, Lawler and Jarrett both got kind of misty-eyed talking about how much they appreciated what Kaufman did for them.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:54 pm 

Clawmaster wrote:
Watched the Beyond the Territories episode on the Lawler/Kaufman angle this morning, very well done because it gave you a great look inside the business in the early 1980's.

It turned out that Kaufman loved wrestling and never cashed any of the checks they gave him, he also paid for his own ambulance, paid for his own hospital stay while working the hospital staff, and kept wanting to work angles until he got cancer and couldn't do it anymore.

Lawler also said, and this might be a work, that Letterman told him that the Kaufman thing helped put the fledgling Letterman show on the map, not sure if that's true, but makes for a great story.

Kaufman also maintained kayfabe and never even told his family it was a work, Lawler never said anything until recently, even acting like he hated Kaufman even though they had a great working relationship, Lawler and Jarrett both got kind of misty-eyed talking about how much they appreciated what Kaufman did for them.

Yeah, that was a solid episode. I have the AWA one from last night on my DVR. I want to try and watch it tonight...if I have time.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 6:52 am 

Watched the AWA episode last night, and it was an odd group, not sure why Diamond Dallas Page and Madusa were there, but unfortunately most of the real stars of the company have passed away.

It would have made more sense to have Jessie Ventura and Brad Rheingans or even Flair on the panel as they would have countered Gagne who gives you a BS version of things to protect his dad.

Heenan was the obvious star that carried that company for decades, not sure who much Verne paid him, but Heenan's ability to get Verne's kid over was a rare talent.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:40 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
Watched the AWA episode last night, and it was an odd group, not sure why Diamond Dallas Page and Madusa were there, but unfortunately most of the real stars of the company have passed away.

It would have made more sense to have Jessie Ventura and Brad Rheingans or even Flair on the panel as they would have countered Gagne who gives you a BS version of things to protect his dad.

Heenan was the obvious star that carried that company for decades, not sure who much Verne paid him, but Heenan's ability to get Verne's kid over was a rare talent.

That AWA one was interesting...Patera is still denying that he threw the rock...he definitely seems off his rocker. The Vachon airplane story was about the only one that was decent. You could tell Gagne got a little pissy when Patera took the shot at Verne and him booking in the middle of nowhere.

Championship Wrestling from Florida next week...complete with Kevin Sullivan and Gerry Brisco. I'm looking forward to that one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:31 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Clawmaster wrote:

That AWA one was interesting...Patera is still denying that he threw the rock...he definitely seems off his rocker. The Vachon airplane story was about the only one that was decent. You could tell Gagne got a little pissy when Patera took the shot at Verne and him booking in the middle of nowhere.

Championship Wrestling from Florida next week...complete with Kevin Sullivan and Gerry Brisco. I'm looking forward to that one.

Yeah, the whole Sullivan occult angle has been often imitated, but never duplicated.

The guys trying to pull off that gimmick today look silly, I mean Sullivan used an iron spike to cut guys up while Wyatt and that odd Danish dude are supposed to scare you with goofy masks and having people turn the lights out so they can sprint to the ring and make it look like they teleported. They just can't pull it off like Sullivan did and make you think they are insane or evil, or both, and for a troll like looking little guy Sullivan managed to stumble upon some very hot women, so that should be interesting, will they touch the Benoit thing?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 9:34 am 

Clawmaster wrote:
will they touch the Benoit thing?

Maybe? I mean Florida was where Sullivan met Nancy... but I doubt it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:56 am 

Just ran across this. :lol: Man Heenan was awesome! Miss that dude!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:27 am 

And now messages starting to be fed out to the dirt sheets that Punk was the issue.....All in time for the Elite to return to TV

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:59 am 

Hawkeye Vince wrote:
And now messages starting to be fed out to the dirt sheets that Punk was the issue.....All in time for the Elite to return to TV

Pass

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:51 am 

Sounds like Crown Jewel might be cancelled due to some threats of war between Iran and Saudi Arabia. With all the bad press they've gotten for it, it could be a time to cancel the relationship.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:53 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Fels and July would be thrilled if war broke out and WWE lost out on millions for Crown Jewel.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:13 am 

Sami Zayn has been the best thing in WWE recently. Never thought I would say that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4hctKcoK8E

He got Roman and Jay to break character last week.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 6:58 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:

Pass

Yup, have stopped watching AEW, just catch replays of the MJF segments on YouTube, no need to waste your time watching.

Unfathomable to watch how they book Wardlow and Cargill, Cargill had a "match" with yet another green as hell female wrestler where they botched around for a bit and for no reason she hit her finisher, the thing was that the woman she was "wrestling" no sold the finisher by looking almost bored rather than like she was afraid or in pain, there was no reason for those two women to be on TV, you can find hundreds of other women wrestlers who would put on a far superior performance. It was painful to watch and an embarrassing bit of booking.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:12 am 

Finally had a chance to watch the first 3 Tales from the Territories over weekend. I cannot stand Greg Gagne. Dude was awful and only got anything because of his last name. Madussa even called him out on it :lol:

The Lawler/Kauffman one was great as I expected. Such an amazing guy who just loved wrestling. Hard to imagine he never cashed any of those checks.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:15 am 

RFDC wrote:
Finally had a chance to watch the first 3 Tales from the Territories over weekend. I cannot stand Greg Gagne. Dude was awful and only got anything because of his last name. Madussa even called him out on it :lol:

The Lawler/Kauffman one was great as I expected. Such an amazing guy who just loved wrestling. Hard to imagine he never cashed any of those checks.

The Memphis one was fun too.

The best part of the AWA one was Patera calling out Verne for basically being cheap and Greg getting pissy.

It's well known...Verne was cheap. That was the main reason everyone jumped ship.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:30 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
RFDC wrote:

The Memphis one was fun too.

The best part of the AWA one was Patera calling out Verne for basically being cheap and Greg getting pissy.

It's well known...Verne was cheap. That was the main reason everyone jumped ship.

Yeah that was fun. Patera is an interesting dude. He definitely threw the rock.

You know deep down it had to piss Verne off that Greg was so bad. He had to see it. He was a bright guy who saw a lot of great workers/entertainers over the years.

I bet he was super jealous of guys like Fritz and Eddie Graham who had sons who could actually carry the business along and not be brutal.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2627 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88  Next