It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:46 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Brick wrote:
The Vikings prove to be a dumber organization than the Bears by bringing him in an interview and then passing.

Now, the next coach of the Vikings has to coach against hypothetical Jim Harbaugh.

Do we know for sure that the Vikings passed on Harbaugh? Or did he pass on them?

I thought that they hired Adofo-Mensah in part due to his relationship with Harbaugh. I wonder if their new GM oversold the Wilfs on that connection. In any event, hiring a McVay lackey as the new Vikings head coach doesn't seem like a stellar backup plan, especially for a self-proclaimed "detail-obsessed" person like Adofo-Mensah.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:50 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Brick wrote:
The Vikings prove to be a dumber organization than the Bears by bringing him in an interview and then passing.

Now, the next coach of the Vikings has to coach against hypothetical Jim Harbaugh.

Do we know for sure that the Vikings passed on Harbaugh? Or did he pass on them?

I thought that they hired Adofo-Mensah in part due to his relationship with Harbaugh. I wonder if their new GM oversold the Wilfs on that connection. In any event, hiring a McVay lackey as the new Vikings head coach doesn't seem like a stellar backup plan, especially for a self-proclaimed "detail-obsessed" person like Adofo-Mensah.

It is being worded that the Vikings chose not to give Harbaugh a job offer even though he wanted one.

Good luck recruiting players to Michigan.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:56 am 
1000 CLUB

It looks like things are breaking the Bears' way for a division title in 2022:

1)Rodgers and Adams are likely GONE from Green Bay.
2)An anonymous McVay neophyte will be the Vikings head coach.
3)Matt Nagy is apparently going to be running the Detroit offense (condolences to Chus).

The Bears don't need to get better. The other teams just need to get worse!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Chris Carter said the Bears spoke with Harbaugh but he wanted a Gruden deal and the Bears didn't want to do that.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:57 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Chris Carter said the Bears spoke with Harbaugh but he wanted a Gruden deal and the Bears didn't want to do that.

I guess we're to assume that the same thing happened with the Vikings?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:58 am 

Nas wrote:

Let's just enjoy the Vikings failure today instead of the Bears failure of a week ago.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:04 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yep! If you listened to Kwesi talk about the kinda coach he was looking for, he was describing Harbaugh. Either Wilf passed or Harbaugh was trying to use the Vikings as leverage.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

Yep! If you listened to Kwesi talk about the kinda coach he was looking for, he was describing Harbaugh. Either Wilf passed or Harbaugh was trying to use the Vikings as leverage.

That's the speculation I've heard on some Vikings podcasts, that Harbaugh was using the Vikings. I think though that's a bit of face saving. The best thing the Vikings can do is put out a short statement and move on.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Tall Midget wrote:

3)Matt Nagy is apparently going to be running the Detroit offense (condolences to Chus).

Winning by default is the sweetest victory of all.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:13 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

Kwesi seems like a bit of an overconfident douche who thinks his structured decision-making process is nearly infallible. Temperamentally, he's quite different from Poles, who seems to be approaching his job from a place of anger and is eager to talk about how violently he wants the team to play. I'm really beginning to like that guy. He's the closest we'll ever get to having Olin Kreutz as GM.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:16 am 

wouldn't you have already known the price and length of the contract demand before bringing him in. The Bears did

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:16 am 

This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:

Winning by default is the sweetest victory of all.

Some people think it is sad that Bears fans were thrilled with the Packer playoff loss. All I know is that it felt good.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:40 am 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
wouldn't you have already known the price and length of the contract demand before bringing him in. The Bears did

I wouldn't be surprised if Kwesi led the Vikings to believe he could persuade Harbaugh to accept a lesser deal by using their "relationship" as leverage.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:42 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

Kwesi seems like a bit of an overconfident douche who thinks his structured decision-making process is nearly infallible. Temperamentally, he's quite different from Poles, who seems to be approaching his job from a place of anger and is eager to talk about how violently he wants the team to play. I'm really beginning to like that guy. He's the closest we'll ever get to having Olin Kreutz as GM.

It's interesting how people can see the same thing and have a completely different opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:55 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I love the Jerry Burns photo btw. Epic rant..

I love Anderson. But it was a dumb fucking play when his shoe was coming off, up to the line of scrimmage, we were hollering to take [a] timeout. We had a fucking trap play called, and his fucking shoe comes off.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:01 am 
1000 CLUB

Augie wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:

It's interesting how people can see the same thing and have a completely different opinion.

I still haven't had the chance to finish watching Kwesi's press conference, so maybe my initial opinion of him will change. But I feel like his understanding of football is excessively reliant on (and confident in) abstraction and process, form over substance. He is very much a creature of the professional-managerial class.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:06 am 

So the Vikings passed on him we have confirmation of that? Or Harbaugh just didnt really want to go to the NFL

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:13 am 

RFDC wrote:
So the Vikings passed on him we have confirmation of that? Or Harbaugh just didnt really want to go to the NFL

No offer was made to him supposedly. I'm sure more will come out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:24 am 
1000 CLUB

The Vikings clearly wanted to offer Harbaugh the job. But he must have wanted too much power, too much money, or too much power and too much money. It seems like Kwesi and the Wilfs got clowned.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:28 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
The Vikings clearly wanted to offer Harbaugh the job. But he must have wanted too much power, too much money, or too much power and too much money. It seems like Kwesi and the Wilfs got clowned.

I dont think he ever had any intention of taking an NFL job. Maybe he likes being chased.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Augie wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That just saves face for all involved. Terms were discussed and well known. Just like the Bears five minute phone call.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:53 am 
100000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
Augie wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That just saves face for all involved. Terms were discussed and well known. Just like the Bears five minute phone call.

Yeah, I don't think you get on a flight unless it's close. The gap between the Bears and Harbaugh was wide enough that it only took a brief call to end talks.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:57 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Augie wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Yeah, I don't think you get on a flight unless it's close. The gap between the Bears and Harbaugh was wide enough that it only took a brief call to end talks.

I think that Kwesi believed he could talk Harbaugh down from his opening demands. But Harbaugh clowned him, leaving the Vikings stuck with McVay's Valet and Kwesi feeling queasy.

Last edited by Tall Midget on Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: Nowhere
Tall Midget wrote:

Oddly I woke up and saw some blog on my feed stating that Nagy was in running for Vikings OC as well. I didn't not expect him to get that level of job this off season. Maybe for a lame duck coach.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:00 am 

pizza_Place: John's
You know you lost when Division Rival Bears fans are breathing a sigh of relief that you didn't get Harbaugh. Good luck with McVay's caddy.

Last edited by Caller Bob on Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:02 am 
100000 CLUB

Caller Bob wrote:
You know you lost when Division Rival Bears fans are breathing a side of relief that you didn't get Harbaugh. Good luck with McVay's caddy.

Thinking about Harbaugh running that offense and Fangio running the defense had me sweating.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:17 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
You know you lost when Division Rival Bears fans are breathing a side of relief that you didn't get Harbaugh. Good luck with McVay's caddy.

Thinking about Harbaugh running that offense and Fangio running the defense had me sweating.

Definitely. Fangio could still surface in Minnesota, though. Let's hope not.

What are the remaining DC openings?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:20 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The Raiders and pretty much every team that hasn't hired a head coach.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:24 am 
100000 CLUB

Yikes! Gotta love the Vikings!

According to ESPN’s Courtney Cronin, the two sides had completely different mentalities from the very beginning. Harbaugh approached Wednesday’s meeting as basically a done deal, while the Vikings were simply conducting another interview as they have with every other candidate.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:33 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

The Raiders and pretty much every team that hasn't hired a head coach.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Indianapolis DC opening.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 21  Next