It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:35 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Nas wrote:
Yikes! Gotta love the Vikings!

According to ESPN’s Courtney Cronin, the two sides had completely different mentalities from the very beginning. Harbaugh approached Wednesday’s meeting as basically a done deal, while the Vikings were simply conducting another interview as they have with every other candidate.

What a bunch of dumbasses.

How ya feelin' about your new GM now, Augie?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:38 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Caller Bob still the only person willing to give Harbaugh 10/$100M.

I look forward to him buying his own team soon. The Cardinals perhaps??

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
You know you lost when Division Rival Bears fans are breathing a side of relief that you didn't get Harbaugh. Good luck with McVay's caddy.

Thinking about Harbaugh running that offense and Fangio running the defense had me sweating.

Definitely. Fangio could still surface in Minnesota, though. Let's hope not.

What are the remaining DC openings?

The Raiders and pretty much every team that hasn't hired a head coach.

It will be interesting to see what happens with the Indianapolis DC opening.

Reich is another Wentz stinker from being out of a job. I imagine that Fangio would take a year off or go somewhere that provides him a little stability.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:39 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Seacrest wrote:
Caller Bob still the only person willing to give Harbaugh 10/$100M.

I look forward to him buying his own team soon. The Cardinals perhaps??

If my asset is worth 4 billion dollars, I sure as fuck wouldn't blink an eye at that money.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:40 am 

pizza_Place: Beek's
The Harbaugh thing was a disaster. That said, IF Rodgers leaves, the Vikings are as good as any team in the division. But, I'm hearing that they may do a re-build in 2022, dump salaries and focus on 2023/2024.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:41 am 
100000 CLUB

Augie wrote:
The Harbaugh thing was a disaster. That said, IF Rodgers leaves, the Vikings are as good as any team in the division. But, I'm hearing that they may do a re-build in 2022, dump salaries and focus on 2023/2024.

You have everything on offense except a reliable quarterback. Cousins is talented enough, but he seems to malfunction in big games or against great teams.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:43 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Augie wrote:

You have everything on offense except a reliable quarterback. Cousins is talented enough, but he seems to malfunction in big games or against great teams.

Perhaps the Vikings will enlist the services of the Red Rifle to navigate them to a championship.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:45 am 

Nas wrote:
Augie wrote:

True, he's too conservative and risk averse. That said, the Bears would take Cousins numbers for Fields from a year ago. 4,221 yards 33 TDs and 7 picks.

I don't think Cousins will be the QB at the start of the season.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:47 am 
100000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Augie wrote:

Perhaps the Vikings will enlist the services of the Red Rifle to navigate them to a championship.

Nagy in Detroit, Dalton in Minnesota and Love in Green Bay. Could you ask for more or would that be considered "being greedy"?

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:47 am 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Augie wrote:

Nagy in Detroit, Dalton in Minnesota and Love in Green Bay. Could you ask for more or would that be considered "being greedy"?

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:50 am 

The talk is signing Mariota, Winston or someone like that as a bridge QB, trading Cousins and trading up to get the Liberty QB. Time will tell.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Cousins has a 45 million cap number. Who is trading for him?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Caller Bob wrote:
Cousins has a 45 million cap number. Who is trading for him?

Pittsburgh
Bucs
Carolina
Denver

Theyd love to have him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Tall Midget wrote:
Nas wrote:
Augie wrote:

:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
McVay and the Rams defense navigating Stafford to the Super Bowl should increase Cousins value on the trade
market. Not lost on GMs that this makes 2 Super Bowls in a row where the NFC representative is a team in the first year
of a just-add-a-QB to a playoff-ready roster campaign. Probably more than a few teams can delude themselves Cousins is next in the Brady-Stafford-??? progression. More likely the next in that series is Rodgers or Wilson--on an AFC team.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:49 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
A few of you are still delusional on Cousins v. Stafford. Cousins <<<< Stafford. It's not even close.

No one is trading FOR Cousins. That ship has sailed.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:18 pm 

Rodgers
Wilson
Garoppolo
Cousins

Broncos only have Drew Lock under contract for next season
Steelers - Mason Rudolph, Dwayne Haskins
Panthers - Sam Darnold and Cam Newton?
Giants - Daniel Jones
Browns - ???
Saints - geriatric mormon
Bucs - Kyle Trask and Josh Rosen(?)
Seahawks lose Wilson they'll be in the market for a QB
Texans - Davis Mills
Colts - ???

Plenty of teams desperate for even a meh step up at QB that Cousins represents

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:26 pm 

On any given week Cousins is the 5th -12th best QB that week..you could do much worse. That Steeler team is loaded on offense.. Kirk could toss 40 TDs on that team.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:27 pm 

Quote:
Everyone got a little too sweaty about Jim Harbaugh. You saw the .700 record and forgot he was insane. You remembered how he turned Alex Smith into a winner and forgot that his San Francisco 49ers didn’t throw the ball. And you started wondering if the Wilfs would shell out top dollar for a coach who went 44-19-1 in the NFL while forgetting that you thought Harbaugh was just leveraging the Minnesota Vikings to shake more money out of Michigan a week ago.

Quote:
It’s cool. There’s no judgment here. I’m just here to reassure you that this worked out for everyone.

The Vikings did their due diligence. Kwesi Adofo-Mensah worked with Harbaugh in San Francisco and added his name to the candidates. They did a little meet and greet over the weekend and then got down to brass tacks on Wednesday. A Vikings minority owner close to Michigan reportedly spoke up and suggested that they pass on Harbaugh. Ultimately, they did.

So, again, I ask that you relax a bit and hear me out. Things worked out for everyone here.

Minnesota isn’t resting its hopes on a millionaire who used to wear $8 khakis. They’re not welcoming a 58-year-old man who regularly has sleepovers with 18-year-old recruits into our community. They’ve chosen to close the doors of their multi-million dollar locker room to a coach who reportedly smeared a player’s blood on his face like war paint.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say they were justified in their decision.

Listen, I get it. You just want to see the Vikings win. Mike Zimmer’s .500 ballclub didn’t do it for you. Nobody wants to go through a rebuild. Having the No. 1 pick guarantees nothing. Minnesota could end up with Joe Burrow. But it’s just as likely to draft the next Jameis Winston or Jared Goff. You just wanted to see someone turn the Vikes into a winner through force of will, damn it.

Quote:
Again, I get it. But Harbaugh could have been purple Tom Thibodeau. The guy who rides in with a winning pedigree but who wore out his welcome at his last stop. You’ll convince yourself that it’ll be different there, though. Only it isn’t, and it never was going to be. Granted, Harbaugh reportedly wasn’t seeking control of the 53-man roster, and the Vikings weren’t going to grant it to him anyway. But be honest, Harbaugh definitely gave off some Thibs vibes.

And who’s to say Justin Jefferson would have been enamored with Harbaugh? Now that we’re removed from the news, couldn’t you see him getting worn out after having another intense coach? One who wasn’t exactly enamored with the forward pass at his last NFL stop.

It’s hard to see the downsides when a winner like Harbaugh sweeps you off your feet. The mind wanders. You start thinking of Andrew Luck’s ascendance at Stanford. Alex Smith throwing for over 3,000 yards after looking like a first-overall bust. Colin Kaepernick dismantling his hometown Green Bay Packers. Michigan routing Ohio State and taking the Big Ten for the first time since 2010.

If that guy can make Stanford a relevant football school, turn a .500 Niners team into a Super Bowl team, and Michigan into Big Ten champs, what could he do with the Vikings? Could he tap into Kirk Cousins in a way no other coach ever has? Could he turn an 8-9 team into the best team in the NFC North? A Super Bowl champion?

Quote:
He won’t now. And he was never guaranteed to anyways. Minnesota looks like they’re locked into Kevin O’Connell, a mid-30s offensive wiz. Isn’t that what you wanted initially, anyways? A coach who connects with his players. One who will scheme Jefferson open. The anti-Zimmer.

Don’t worry about Harbaugh. He’ll be fine. He probably just got a healthy raise from Michigan.

And, consider this, Adofo-Mensah’s willing to take a risk. Harbaugh was polarizing – until he wasn’t. Adofo-Mensah interviewed a coach his former boss fired. He willingly sat inches away from a man who apparently had a young adult’s blood on his face.

Adofo-Mensah may have stolen your heart with his million-dollar smile and talk of collaboration in his introductory press conference. But he’s got a ruthless side to him. He just asked a college coach at a premier football program to take an interview on National Signing Day.

The new Vikings regime is different. But they’re not insane, and that’s a good thing.

https://zonecoverage.com/2022/minnesota ... gh-result/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 1:38 pm 

Good information there. Thanks Hussra.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 2:43 pm 

New Vikings coach's agent is......Trace Armstrong....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 3:34 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
312player wrote:
On any given week Cousins is the 5th -12th best QB that week..you could do much worse. That Steeler team is loaded on offense.. Kirk could toss 40 TDs on that team.

Cousins is not the worst QB in the league. Yes...a team would sign him. He's under contract with a very heavy cap hit. That's an entirely different story. None of these teams are gonna pay the price to take him off the Vikings hands this year.

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:41 pm 

Quote:
The Athletic paints the story, noting that on Wednesday, Harbaugh was indeed on track to become the next Minnesota head coach, but somewhere down the line, things took a drastic turn.

At first, the interview seemed like it was going well. Harbaugh saw the Vikings’ gleaming new practice facility and the team started to see some of the coach’s most redeeming qualities.

A buzz reverberated through the building. Is this really happening? Are we really going to hire Jim Harbaugh?

Harbaugh started to feel it, too. He left Ann Arbor believing he was not coming back, and as the process got rolling, it started to look like he would be in Minnesota to stay.

But the Vikings had some hard questions to ask. They wanted to know more about his style and ability to work with others. They wanted to know more about how things ended with the 49ers. They wanted to hear his vision for leading this team back to the Super Bowl for the first time since 1977.

Sometime around 3 p.m., for reasons that are not exactly clear, things started to take a left turn. The tenor started to change, and if there was any momentum at Harbaugh’s back as he tried to secure the job, it disappeared.

Shortly before 6:30 p.m. CT, ESPN first reported that Harbaugh called Michigan athletic director Warde Manuel to tell him he was coming back to the Wolverines for the 2022 season and beyond.

The reason had nothing to do with money or a contract because the Vikings did not offer Harbaugh the job, sources said. There do not appear to be any hard feelings on either side — just a realization that this was not the right fit.

Related

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:49 pm 

What a bizarre twist.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:50 pm 

I've heard a couple interesting suggestions.

1. Kwesi isn't an X's and O's guy. He won't be breaking down the all 22 or standing on sidelines in practice taking notes He needs to hire an assistant GM that has those bonafides and can do that, while he focuses on the overall vision for the roster and direction for the team.

2. Kevin O'Connell should hire an offensive coordinator to call plays so he's able to keep his focus on the entire team. He can formulate the offense and create the game plan, but come Sunday he should hand off the play calling duties.

Coaching note. It sounds like longtime Vikings defensive coach Andre Patterson might stick around as defensive coordinator. Not sure on the X's and O's part, but the players love playing for him.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:50 pm 

BigW72 wrote:
312player wrote:

Cousins is not the worst QB in the league. Yes...a team would sign him. He's under contract with a very heavy cap hit. That's an entirely different story. None of these teams are gonna pay the price to take him off the Vikings hands this year.

How would ya rank these guys..

Wentz
Jimmy G
Winston
Cousins

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 7:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
312player wrote:

How would ya rank these guys..

Wentz
Jimmy G
Winston
Cousins

Cousins
Jimmy G
Winston
Wentz

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:08 pm 

Id go

Cousins
Wentz
Winston
Jimmy G

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:12 pm 
100000 CLUB

312player wrote:
Id go

Cousins
Wentz
Winston
Jimmy G

Wentz is awful and his teammates don't like him. It's hard to be successful as a quarterback when your teammates don't respect you.

Trump '24

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:14 pm 

Nas wrote:
312player wrote:
Id go

Cousins
Wentz
Winston
Jimmy G

Wentz is awful and his teammates don't like him.

Him and Jimmy G had pretty identical situations, Wentz outperformed him in a tougher conference. Garopollo wont get a better situation than he was in under Shannahan and he was kinda crappy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 626 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next