It is currently Fri May 31, 2024 12:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 33  Next
PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2020 9:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
Tom Flores is getting into the HOF because of 1980. They should talk about that more. It was probably the greatest coaching job of all-time. I heard a guy from the HOF on Friday and he didn't even mention it. He should of got in last year with Cliff Branch but their presentation was a debacle after Ron Wolfe got sick. They had to bring in John Clayton at the last minute...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Torn labrum for Tyrell Williams. He's going to try to play thru it but we'll see. We could see a 1,400 yard season from Waller. Waller was Football Outsiders top tight end last season and should be even better playing with Carr for a 2nd season. He was Todd Christensen today. I wonder if he cut his sleeves like Christensen used to.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:28 pm 

Bryan Edwards, your table is ready.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

I can't even guess what kind of season Edwards will have. The floor seems to be a 12 y/r guy with good hands. If he can get separation and be more of a 15 y/r guy that would be huge.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2020 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Furious Styles wrote:
Bryan Edwards, your table is ready.

:cheers:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:47 am 

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:32 am 

The future is bright.

On a related note, the future is now.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:12 pm 

Nice catch by Agholor.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:34 pm 

Is Bryan Edwards worth picking up in fantasy?

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:16 am 
1000 CLUB

The Raiders have a lot of targets so not sure how many opportunities he will get. Williams played thru a torn labrum in college and had a 1,000 yard season so I expect he'll start week one. Moreau was their best red zone target last season and he's fully recovered and having a strong camp. If Williams and Waller miss time it could pay off and even if they don't I would expect Edwards production to increase as the season goes on.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:56 am 

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:57 am 

RFDC wrote:
Is Bryan Edwards worth picking up in fantasy?

Absolutely worth a late round flyer. He should be their top WR this year. If he's not producing and getting a lot of snaps in the first week or two cut bait like you would with any other late round pick.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:09 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:

the caption to that clip should be "we may have us some problems at CB this year" rather than "doesn't renfrow look amazing beating a guy on his last legs in the league"

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
the caption to that clip should be "we may have us some problems at CB this year" rather than "doesn't renfrow look amazing beating a guy on his last legs in the league"

In Amukamara's defense he's an outside corner covering a slot receiver that had the 7th best separation rate in the league last season. He's not going to start and he may not even make the team because of how well the young guys are doing.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:37 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

Hook, line and sinker.

The Bears would be fortunate to have Amukamara on their depth chart. Just makes what Renfrow did that much more impressive.

Edit: holy shit, I just checked out the Bears 2020 roster. They would be really, really, really fortunate to have him. :lol:

-Hank Kingsley

Last edited by Furious Styles on Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:39 pm 

Renfrow's pretty good. Would love him on the Packers. I'd take him over Anthony Miller right now.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:03 pm 

Furious Styles wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Furious Styles wrote:

Hook, line and sinker.

The Bears would be fortunate to have Amukamara on their depth chart. Just makes what Renfrow did that much more impressive.

Edit: holy shit, I just checked out the Bears 2020 roster. They would be really, really, really fortunate to have him. :lol:

He was under contract with the Bears for this year. They cut him and drafted a guy in the second round who is superior to the Raider reach at the same position.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
They cut him and drafted a guy in the second round who is superior to the Raider reach at the same position.

Let's hope Jaylon Johnson doesn't reach for something and blow that shoulder out again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:29 pm 

MongoMuller wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
They cut him and drafted a guy in the second round who is superior to the Raider reach at the same position.

Let's hope Jaylon Johnson doesn't reach for something and blow that shoulder out again.

because if he doesn't, your GM is going to look silly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:42 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
MongoMuller wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

You better pray he doesn't because your team has no depth. Better be good from the get go, no learning curve.

But that has nothing to do with Damon Arnette's bright future.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:

Nobody will look silly for passing on Johnson with that 3x shoulder medical. He's the kind of gamble a team normally takes in the 2nd round.

Going back to Renfrow he had a broken rib and a punctured lung and was out 3 games and came back and finished season with 2 100 yard games. 5th round beast. Mayock wins again...

PJ Hall had a sack of Watson in their scrimmage yesterday...Marinelli you dickhead.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:23 pm 

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:44 pm 
1000 CLUB

This isn't surprising after the reports of how well Arnette looked started coming out. It looks like they'll keep Lawson if they decide to go with 7. I was worried they might try and stash Johnson on the practice squad and he'd be claimed but it looks like his play has been good enough for the 53.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:56 pm 

They really seem to like Nixon. Hope he continues to develop.

What do you think of the guard the RAIDERS drafted in the 4th? Some wildly differing opinions out there.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah they seem really high on Nixon I think he's a lock. They might like Nixon and Lawson better than Johnson right now but Johnson has such incredible physical traits they need to be very careful with him. If they try and stash him I think he'll get picked up. He only played one year of CB in college and his size/physical trait metric is the highest of any corner since the combine started. He's been getting some praise in camp so maybe its starting to click already which would be huge.

I've only heard good things about Simpson. Brugler said he was a steal in the 4th when we selected him. I haven't heard anything really from the beat guys though but I imagine that's more because the line is set. I think Incognito and Jackson have been taking all the snaps with the first team and I can't remember if they've missed any practice. We actually have some good depth at guard with Simpson and Good. I would be very surprised if he wasn't doing well.

The only offensive lineman they've really talked about is OT Sam Young who was filling in for Brown. They say he looked really good which is nice because I'm not sure we'll ever see a full season from Brown. They say Sharpe is at risk but I hope not he's pretty decent but I don't know how we're going to fit him in unless they don't go with a backup center. I would keep Sharpe and try and stash the backup center James on the practice squad. Decent backup tackles are hard to find. The Brandon Parker era is definitely over.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

I liked the McMillan trade. Where they wanted PJ Hall to eat up double-teams and defend the run first they're going to let Collins rush up field which will create some bad situations the for the linebackers. Actually I don't think they expected Hall to draw 85% of the double teams but Hankins was always the one that got singled up. McMillan is a good thumper so having him play middle in base is a good plan. He's brutal in coverage...not Whitehead level bad but pretty close so he'll only play base and short yardage. The Raiders play base about 20% of the time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:17 pm 

The negative report on Simpson was shortly after the draft in regard to his lack of footwork. Probably an outlier opinion since I haven't anything of the sort since.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah he has heavy feet so he wouldn't do well in systems that ask their guards to do a lot of pulling. With our gap power scheme he's a perfect fit. He's a mauler with some interesting physical traits being upper 90% in arm length and strength which you don't see often. Its a shame there are no pre-season games it would have been nice to see him play even if it was against backups.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:30 pm 

-Hank Kingsley

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 989 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 33  Next