It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 6:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next

Is Mitch a bust
Poll ended at Wed May 03, 2023 2:39 pm
Yes 83%  83%  [ 5 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Carolina is the perfect spot for him to be mediocre. They are a mess and have churned through Bridgewater, Darnold, and bringing back Cam Newton. He went to UNC so he will get cut some slack by a portion of the media and fans. And they can sign him to compete for a spot and end up being a cheaper Andy Dalton.

Then he can bounce around as a backup for a couple of years.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
BigW72 wrote:
August Schell wrote:
I'd take Mitch as the starting QB for the Vikings on a cheap contract during the re-build. Trade Cousins for a #1 somewhere, draft the kid from Liberty as your future QB. Sign Mitch, hire the OC from Buffalo Daboll as the head coach and hire Pep Hamilton from the Texans as the OC.

You're
Not
Getting
A
for
cousins.

Put the bong down.

I'd like to think you are right, but then I remember Matt Stafford last year and I'm not so sure.

Anyone who trades a #1 for Cousins would immediately be fi...Ryan Pace.

Cousins isn't worth a 1 but Stafford is worth two plus?

I guess so :lol:

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:54 pm 

FF was wrong on Stafford but he will be right on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky.

The Bears ruined (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. I hope he finds a way to get a quality second chance.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:59 pm 

Brick wrote:

The Bears ruined (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. I hope he finds a way to get a quality second chance.

Market disagreed, I think the market is right.

Plenty of places that could have went after (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as the starter or insurance if the starter sucked but didn't:

Carolina
Houston
NYG
Broncos
Steelers
WFT
Lions

Market said (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky sucks

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:04 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:

Plenty of places that could have went after (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as the starter or insurance if the starter sucked but didn't:

Carolina
Houston
NYG
Broncos
Steelers
WFT
Lions

It's very common for a starter to have to take a job as a backup for a year or two when it doesn't work out in the first spot.

Also, most of the teams on your list there didn't want to win anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:07 pm 

Brick wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
Brick wrote:

Carolina
Houston
NYG
Broncos
Steelers
WFT
Lions

It's very common for a starter to have to take a job as a backup for a year or two when it doesn't work out in the first spot.

Also, most of the teams on your list there didn't want to win anyways.

Carolina, NYG, Denver, Pitt and WFT definitely want to win, that's false. Pitt thinks Rudolph is better than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. Detroit thought Goff is better. DEnver thought Bridgewater/Lock were better, and so on. Not a good look. Carolina thought Darnold was better. :lol:

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Well if the market, which has never been wrong, said so.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:09 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Brick wrote:
That's not accurate. It seems the Bears did no favors for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, but after the first 8-10 games of 2018 he didn't help himself a lot either. Despite ineptitude from the Bears and Nagy, Mitch had MANY opportunities to make plays and win games, and he rarely took advantage.

I do agree with the second part of that statement and will be rooting for Mitch unless he's playing in the NFC North.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:10 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Well if the market, which has never been wrong, said so.

When was the last time a former starter turned backup emerged to be a viable player on his next team? I can think of Tannehill which is by now ages ago. In general, after four years, you're not going to change. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is who Nagy thought he is.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:13 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
Carolina, NYG, Denver, Pitt and WFT definitely want to win, that's false. Pitt thinks Rudolph is better than (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. Detroit thought Goff is better. DEnver thought Bridgewater/Lock were better, and so on. Not a good look. Carolina thought Darnold was better. :lol:
The Lions, Texans, and Panthers were tanking. I don't think the Giants and Denver expected to be good either but maybe they weren't tanking.

The Bills were a better team than the Steelers so I don't get your point on the Steelers passing on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was smart to go to the Bills over the Steelers.

Ultimately though, (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was doing a redshirt year as a backup and now he likely will have a chance to fight for a starting job again. His career certainly isn't over because he didn't start last year.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:17 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Brick wrote:
That's not accurate. It seems the Bears did no favors for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, but after the first 8-10 games of 2018 he didn't help himself a lot either. Despite ineptitude from the Bears and Nagy, Mitch had MANY opportunities to make plays and win games, and he rarely took advantage.
I think the last thing to complain about (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky is that he didn't win games given the massive disparity between (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's record and the record of Pace or Nagy overall.

(Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky could have played better for sure but ultimately his ineptitude comes from the fact that he isn't Mahomes or Watson and he was drafted higher than both. We'll be throwing a parade for Fields if he gets to the level of (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky their second years.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:19 pm 

You could certainly make the case one of the best teams in the NFL signing him as their backup means more than some dumpster diving team signing him to start.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:23 pm 
100000 CLUB

Mitch will forever be linked to Mahomes and Watson, but (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky could have changed the narrative by winning a playoff game. Or winning another game or two in 2019 to make the playoffs. He didn't.

The blame for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky failing to become the Bears franchise QB can be laid out this way; 1/3 falls on Pace, 1/3 falls on Nagy, 1/3 falls on Mitch himself. BRick nor a Packers fan is not going to convince me otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:25 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The blame for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky failing to become the Bears franchise QB can be laid out this way; 1/3 falls on Pace, 1/3 falls on Nagy, 1/3 falls on Mitch himself. BRick nor a Packers fan is not going to convince me otherwise.
I think saying that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky shares 1/3rd of the blame for it not working out in Chicago is probably correct but it also seems to align with what I've been saying all along. I believe my exact quote was that a majority of the blame goes to Pace/Nagy and I think you disagreed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:33 pm 

I will listen to Rick's arguments on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky but I will never respect Rick referencing (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's "record" since doing so relies on dishonestly attributing 2018 to Trubusky rather than the defense.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:35 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
You could certainly make the case one of the best teams in the NFL signing him as their backup means more than some dumpster diving team signing him to start.

Why would you ever choose to back up a star rather than go to some dumpster fire team and start 17 games? Prove yourself on the sucky team and revive your career. He threw eight passes or something in Buffalo. What did he prove?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

If you want to combine Pace and Nagy as one, fine. They are all equal in the failure of the quarterback department IMO.

If Rick wants to tout (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's overall record, then it should always be qualified with his 10-11 mark against the NFC North.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:40 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Why would you ever choose to back up a star rather than go to some dumpster fire team and start 17 games? Prove yourself on the sucky team and revive your career. He threw eight passes or something in Buffalo. What did he prove?

Where did I ever mention choice? I said the market thinking he was valuable enough to back up a Super Bowl contender rather than starting for a shit team meant something.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:44 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

Where did I ever mention choice? I said the market thinking he was valuable enough to back up a Super Bowl contender rather than starting for a shit team meant something.

I don't see how their status as a contender means something positive for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky. They're not a contender the minute he replaces Allen due to injury or whatever. It just means (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky couldn't get the optimal job for him - a chance to show he's not a bust.

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:48 pm 

Buffalo doesn’t and shouldn’t give a shit if it’s the optimal job for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, it gives a shit if he’s the best backup they could get.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:49 pm 
100000 CLUB

Mitch was probably the best backup the Bills could get for the price they were willing to pay.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:57 pm 

KDdidit wrote:
Buffalo doesn’t and shouldn’t give a shit if it’s the optimal job for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky, it gives a shit if he’s the best backup they could get.

I started this tangent on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky by saying the market deemed him a backup and that the market was right. You then suggested it was silly to rely on the market's valuation of a player as is true worth...but now you're referring to (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as a backup, like I suggested in the first place?

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
:lol:

I applaud vegan's efforts here.

"Five of the most incompetent teams in the NFL didn't want Mitch, what does that say huh?"

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:59 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I will listen to Rick's arguments on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky but I will never respect Rick referencing (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's "record" since doing so relies on dishonestly attributing 2018 to Trubusky rather than the defense.

It's fine if you think qb record doesn't matter but at least in this case it was brought up by Frank that he didn't win games when he was the lone bright spot in that regard during the Pace/Nagy era.

As for 2018 though, we will be ecstatic if Fields plays as well as (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky did that year. (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky was good in 2018.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:01 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

I started this tangent on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky by saying the market deemed him a backup and that the market was right. You then suggested it was silly to rely on the market's valuation of a player as is true worth...but now you're referring to (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky as a backup, like I suggested in the first place?

So, it would seem as if you now have to believe that (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky will never be a starter again in the NFL. I say you are right if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky starts 8 or less games the rest of his career and I am right if (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky starts more than 8 games. Deal?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:02 pm 
100000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
"Five of the most incompetent teams in the NFL didn't want Mitch, what does that say huh?"
Six when you include the Bears.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:07 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
If Rick wants to tout (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky's overall record, then it should always be qualified with his 10-11 mark against the NFC North.
It's probably more useful to just say he was 1-6 vs. the Packers unless we are down on (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky for having winning records against the other two teams but never beating the team that the Bears never beat anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 7:19 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Before this season I prob would have agreed with this break down, but the more we hear about Nagy and his tenure I think he deserves more than a 1/3 of the blame. I would say it is more like 1/2 Nagy, 1/4 Pace, 1/4 Mitch

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:48 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
KDdidit wrote:

No I said if you really care about what the market thinks you could make a reasonable argument that a Super Bowl contender wanting you as a back up QB is an indication of higher value than a dumpster fire organization wanting to start you. You then talked about what was better for (Pro Bowl QB) Trubisky or what he wanted, which had nothing to do with my reply.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:12 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Brick wrote:

FF whiffed again on Mitch, he also is a Kyler Murray apologist.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 538 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next