It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Hussra wrote:
If Giannis' health weren't a concern, maybe worth a gamble. But taking an ailing Giannis led Bucks to beat
Jimmy Buckets 3x's in a row in the playoffs? Should be closer to the +400 the Cavs currently sit at to win that series
down 3-1, but I'm seeing minimal value at +125 for the Bucks to win the series still; which seems crazy low. C'mon
Vegas, give us at least 2 to 1, ffs.

No value at +120. The -140 on the Heat is the better bet, value-wise. oh well, I guess my feelings on the series outcome is universal. It's still kind of a toss up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Celtics currently blowing this game. Stupid turnovers. Dumb fouls. And Tatum gets a tech in crunch time.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:27 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
The on/off thing with Smart and Derrick White seems futile. Bringing in Smart to try to stop or slow down Trae? No one's stopping dude when he's hitting shots from the logo. Gotta recognize when you're in a shootout and keep your shooters in the game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:48 pm 

Hussra wrote:
The on/off thing with Smart and Derrick White seems futile. Bringing in Smart to try to stop or slow down Trae? No one's stopping dude when he's hitting shots from the logo. Gotta recognize when you're in a shootout and keep your shooters in the game.

Marcus Smart hurt him down the stretch more than anyone. 2 turnovers and a dumb foul at half court when they were in the penalty.

Trae Young also didn't play all that well either. His shot selection still sucks even after being in the league for 5-6 years. He booked the game winner but he'd missed that same shot 3 times prior in crunch time when they could have gotten better shots.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:06 pm 

Minnesota-Denver good game too!

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
The Missing Link wrote:
Minnesota-Denver good game too!

That Anthony Edwards shifty layup over Jokic.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:39 pm 

Westbrook pissed that one away for the Clippers.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 12:25 am 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Kawhi pissed the whole series away.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:55 am 

Kawhi Leonard and Paul George are primary reasons that the whole free up "cap space" and sign a free agent thing is such a waste of time. So is Durant and Kyrie Irving too. You gut your roster in order to free up money to sign "max guys" and then once they get injured your whole season is screwed because the replacement guys are usually fringe NBA players at best. And the only reason that the Clippers were able to keep it as competitive as they were these last 3 games is because their "fringe" players were better than the avg fringe player due to the deep pockets of the owner. 3-4 years and nothing to show for it but first round flameouts and a bunch of injuries. Same with the Nets.
That's why I don't blame Reinsdorf and the Bulls for not doing it "this way". This way usually doesn't work and once it fails you have nothing to show for it but old injuries and draft picks rhat were traded somewhere else as part of free agent signings masked as "sign and trades".

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 6:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Kawhi is probable for Game 6.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

"I don’t care about you; I just want your vote.”
Trump '24

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:03 am 

Trae's assists won the game, his shot selection should have lost the game. You can't win with him taking 33 shots. Rumor is Hawks won, but I refuse to believe it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:04 am 

Nas wrote:
Kawhi is probable for Game 6.

It's fine. I want him to be able to go to meetings.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:12 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Kawhi Leonard and Paul George are primary reasons that the whole free up "cap space" and sign a free agent thing is such a waste of time. So is Durant and Kyrie Irving too. You gut your roster in order to free up money to sign "max guys" and then once they get injured your whole season is screwed because the replacement guys are usually fringe NBA players at best. And the only reason that the Clippers were able to keep it as competitive as they were these last 3 games is because their "fringe" players were better than the avg fringe player due to the deep pockets of the owner. 3-4 years and nothing to show for it but first round flameouts and a bunch of injuries. Same with the Nets.
That's why I don't blame Reinsdorf and the Bulls for not doing it "this way". This way usually doesn't work and once it fails you have nothing to show for it but old injuries and draft picks rhat were traded somewhere else as part of free agent signings masked as "sign and trades".

It worked for Toronto, It worked for Lakers*. GS did it through the draft. There's no precedent for the Bulls way. Now if the Bulls' way was to get a bunch of shooters? Maybe, but they didn't.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:21 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

It worked for Toronto, It worked for Lakers*. GS did it through the draft. There's no precedent for the Bulls way. Now if the Bulls' way was to get a bunch of shooters? Maybe, but they didn't.

No Toronto was able to trade for Kawhi because they had an All Star player whom they drafted. No one counts the Lakers winning in the bubble and they really haven't done shit since LeBron signed on 4-5 years ago.

And there are plenty of "precedents" The Bulls way. The overwhelming number of championships in the NBA have been won by teams in which the best player was drafted and not signed as a free agent. And it ain't even close.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:25 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

No Toronto was able to trade for Kawhi because they had an All Star player whom they drafted. No one counts the Lakers winning in the bubble and they really haven't done shit since LeBron signed on 4-5 years ago.

And there are plenty of "precedents" The Bulls way. The overwhelming number of championships in the NBA have been won by teams in which the best player was drafted and not signed as a free agent. And it ain't even close.

So Patrick Williams is that guy?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 7:30 am 

Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Nardi wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:

So Patrick Williams is that guy?

I have seen absolutely nothing to suggest that he isn't.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:17 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Nardi wrote:
Trae's assists won the game, his shot selection should have lost the game. You can't win with him taking 33 shots. Rumor is Hawks won, but I refuse to believe it.

yep, definitely don't want Trae shooting. Dumbass.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:25 am 

You're free to live and die with him. I climbed down that hill and I ain't going back up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Trae Young...who cares, lol. Overrated

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:00 am 

Two adjustments and he's a top ten player. He won't do it. He's 33% from 3 and he doesn't even try on the other end. It's 4 on 5 at that end. The most hustle you'll see from him is running up to take the inbounds ball after a made basket.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:07 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Last night reminded me why Trae sucks and will never be a winning player.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:10 am 

Nardi wrote:
You're free to live and die with him. I climbed down that hill and I ain't going back up.

Which leaves much more room for me at the top then! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:11 am 

Nardi wrote:
Two adjustments and he's a top ten player. He won't do it. He's 33% from 3 and he doesn't even try on the other end. It's 4 on 5 at that end. The most hustle you'll see from him is running up to take the inbounds ball after a made basket.

oh shut up with this nonsense. Just admit you haven't watched him play since they changed coaches and be done with it. You're as misinformed as that other idiot who I have on ignore.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:16 am 

shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:

oh shut up with this nonsense. Just admit you haven't watched him play since they changed coaches and be done with it. You're as misinformed as that other idiot who I have on ignore.

Is Shakes that dense or self important that he really believes that I give a shit that he has me on ignore? Just Asking A Question. The mere fact that it took this dope (and a seemingly a few others) an entire year to get back on the bus tells you all you need to know about what they think regarding the "great" Trae Young. Each and everyone of them were in the Witness Protection Program ever since the Miami Heat exposed that fraud during last year's playoffs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:19 am 

Nardi wrote:

Yep. He isn't even the best guard on his own damn team. Wasn't the best player in the game last night either and the immortal Derrick White (the guy Pops selected over him) has actually been getting up with him this series.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:20 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Is Shakes that dense or self important that he really believes that I give a shit that he has me on ignore? Just Asking A Question. The mere fact that it took this dope (and a seemingly a few others) an entire year to get back on the bus tells you all you need to know about what they think regarding the "great" Trae Young. Each and everyone of them were in the Witness Protection Program ever since the Miami Heat exposed that fraud during last year's playoffs. :lol: :lol: :lol:

His feigned outrage is endearing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:54 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
shakes wrote:

Surprised Snyder took the Hawks job, he had to figure there were other, possibly better opportunities gonna open up this Summer...but $$$$ and maybe Snyder likes the challenge:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:58 am 

doing it vs the consensus pick to win the NBA title and doing it without much help. It's all about the playoffs!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:03 am 

But remember (After repeatedly making an ass of himself) he decided to place me on "ignore" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shakes wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Down the stretch? Iso Tatum is pretty much all you get from him the past two seasons. Guy has been reading his own press clippings a bit too much, now thinks he is Kobe Bryant. Excellent player (or at least he could be) but I think he's currently the most overrated player in the league.

No he isn't. By far it's your guy Trae. Unlike most young players, (Your Guy Trae For instance) Tatum has enjoyed a great deal of winning. He has contributed mightily to said winning. He is a top 15 player currently. Might be top 10.
The problem with the Celtics isn't Jayson Tatum. It's that they had a GM in Ainge that guessed wrong on some of his moves. Currently the Celtics have about 3 guys on the roster (Tatum, Brown, and Williams) that are keepers. Possibly Schroeder because of the price tag. The rest can kick Bricks. And that includes the extremely overrated "heart of the team" Marcus Smart.
Tatum isn't the problem. It's what he has around him that is the problem. Ainge should have capitalized more when he had a boatload of talent and he didn't. Now they are paying the price for it as a result.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:05 am 

In whose world is a 14-33 shooting performance considered "great" by the way? Just Asking A Question

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 20  Next