It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next
 Post subject: Re: NBA PLAYOFFS
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
The Missing Link wrote:
Shotout to Thibs For Doing Something that Billy Donovan would never do. Bench an All Star in the 4th Quarter and Crunch Time to win a game.

Coming from a Thibs hater :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Draymond suspension might've saved the Warriors playoff run. W's got to try different lineups and it seems to have (weirdly) unlocked their offense a bit more.

Fox looked tired at the end of the 4th. Kept missing shots short before he hit the final 3 to make it a 1 point game.
I think they get 2 days off now, next game Wednesday? Game 5 pretty much the series for the Kings at this point. You're not getting a game 7 if you go down 3-2 headed back to Chase center.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:49 am 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Hussra wrote:
Draymond suspension might've saved the Warriors playoff run. W's got to try different lineups and it seems to have (weirdly) unlocked their offense a bit more.

Fox looked tired at the end of the 4th. Kept missing shots short before he hit the final 3 to make it a 1 point game.
I think they get 2 days off now, next game Wednesday? Game 5 pretty much the series for the Kings at this point. You're not getting a game 7 if you go down 3-2 headed back to Chase center.

Sabonis Smoked A lot of layups. I actually think that decided the game.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:50 am 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Shotout to Thibs For Doing Something that Billy Donovan would never do. Bench an All Star in the 4th Quarter and Crunch Time to win a game.

Coming from a Thibs hater :lol:

Game recognize Game.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:06 am 

pizza_Place: What??
The Missing Link wrote:
Hussra wrote:

Sabonis Smoked A lot of layups. I actually think that decided the game.

He's got to be better or SAC is going home. His counterpart had 14 boards and 6 assists.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:15 am 

Thibs coaching circles around Bickerstaff. I think it's Bickerstaff's first playoff series as HC? But Bickerstaff's been around the nba long enough it shouldn't matter that it's his first go round as HC in the playoffs.

I think it's more roster construction than Bickerstaff's coaching. Cavs front-office gave JB fuck-all to work with in terms floor-spacing outside shooters and wing players.

With Nick Nurse out there available wonder if the Cavs get bounced next game if they Dwayne Casey Bickerstaff for Nurse. I think that'd be a mistake--seems like Nurse is a great tactician but can't relate to NBA players? Nurse is probably the kind of guy who should be an assistant and not the lead guy.

Although that was the book on Thibs for years and he somehow is still coaching and might even make a run at the Finals--if Heat somehow bounce the Giannis-impaired Bucks, Knicks would be favored to win next round. Then they'd have the Celts in the Eastern Conference Finals. Knicks went 4-2? I think, against the Celtics this season. Playoffs is different but still. Be fun to see Thibs and D.Rose in the Finals together, even if Rose is there mostly to mentor the younger players.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:18 am 

if the knicks make the finals i will eat my dick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 10:21 am 

Supposedly Giannis will be back tonight for Game 4.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:40 am 

Hawg Ass wrote:

Let's hope, I can't stand being bored by Miami.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Hawg Ass wrote:

I just wonder what percentage he'll be at -- a back injury is no joke.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Hussra wrote:
D.Rose 15 years on:

Obviously Rose is a shell of himself but he can still give you 10-12 minutes. There's a reason why with Cam Payne's injury troubles this year, the Suns put the buyout rumor out there. He was playing 35 minutes a game and producing in that playoff series versus the Hawks a couple seasons ago.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:30 pm 

IkeSouth wrote:
if the knicks make the finals i will eat my dick

Mike Vrabel vibes.

Dunno about making the Finals, but with the Knicks likely to take out the confused Cavaliers and the Heat at least making a series of it against Buds Bucks--Budenholzer coaching + either absent or limited Giannis....Spoelstra and Butler might be able to pull through and set up a Thibs/D.Rose vs Jimmy Buckets 2nd round.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:00 pm 

Fox has a fractured finger. Doubtful for game 5

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:23 pm 

Man, I had to turn off that Miami Heat garbage.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Kawhi out 3 in a row.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Jimmy Buckets doing Jimmy things.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Jimmy Buckets a baller.......ps.he is an ALPHA

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 11:50 pm 

Morant is prime derrick rose with better shooting. Absolutely unreal ability. Plays smarter than rose ever did too.

Lebron still doing lebron. Just made a 3/4 shot that would have won the game. Lakers are nobody without him even though he's a shell of what he used to be. He still shapes the game.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:09 am 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Saw my first playoff game of the year. How is Memphis #2 seed? They’re terrible. Morant out of control half time and everyone else seems to be cowards.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:25 am 

Morant is the only player they have. It's exactly the bulls and rose. Poor guy. And now that he's labeled a thug, just like rose ain't nobody going there to play with him. Fucked around and found out. Terrible because he's unbelievably good. He always plays out of control like that but usually doesn't have a cast on his hand and the shots go in.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:54 am 

KDdidit wrote:
Jimmy Buckets doing Jimmy things.

I blew it. I missed Jimmy being a god. It's the 3rd, Jimmy's 0-6 in the quarter, laying on the floor exhausted, Bam's doing his Bam thing, missing bunnies, and I gave up. I wake up, I see Jimmy puts up another 26 and Miami wins.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:32 am 

miami on the verge of becoming the sixth team i believe, all time...8 beating a 1.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:49 am 

First Jimmy Buckets did Jimmy Buckets things, then LeBron shut up mouthy assed Memphis with gusto. Nice night.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
2nd year in a row that it appears some injury issues might take the Bucks out early. Giannis played last night but it wasn't enough and he clearly isn't 100%. Missing Middleton last year really hurt them in the Playoffs. Would be a shame to see the Bucks go home but that is kinda the way things go in the NBA. May need to watch the next game. Haven't tuned in for a full NBA game all season.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 8:37 am 

IkeSouth wrote:
Morant is the only player they have. .

0-3 Memphis these playoffs with Morant.

1-0 Memphis these playoffs without Morant.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:24 am 

T-Bone wrote:
2nd year in a row that it appears some injury issues might take the Bucks out early. Giannis played last night but it wasn't enough and he clearly isn't 100%. Missing Middleton last year really hurt them in the Playoffs. Would be a shame to see the Bucks go home but that is kinda the way things go in the NBA. May need to watch the next game. Haven't tuned in for a full NBA game all season.

Yeah there is no way that they lose to Miami with a healthy Giannis.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:53 am 

T-Bone wrote:

I don't think Budenholzer is the right guy to be coaching this team. He doesn't seem to either know how to or want to adjust his game plan in the course of a game or the course of a series even. Coach Bud lucked out the championship season--i think that was the KD foot on the 3 point line series followed by getting the Hawks after the Ben Simmons debacle put the Hawks in the Eastern Conference Finals instead of Embiid and the Sixers.
And then getting always the bridesmaid never the bride Chris Paul-led Suns in the Finals, with the Suns having their own team chemistry issues with Ayton.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 9:59 am 

The Missing Link wrote:
T-Bone wrote:

Yeah there is no way that they lose to Miami with a healthy Giannis.

They haven't lost yet. I'm going to check out the series betting odds for the Bucks.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:03 am 

Bit surprised, maybe I shouldn't be. Bucks only a +120 for the series.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 10:08 am 

If Giannis' health weren't a concern, maybe worth a gamble. But taking an ailing Giannis led Bucks to beat
Jimmy Buckets 3x's in a row in the playoffs? Should be closer to the +400 the Cavs currently sit at to win that series
down 3-1, but I'm seeing minimal value at +125 for the Bucks to win the series still; which seems crazy low. C'mon
Vegas, give us at least 2 to 1, ffs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next