It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 7:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:

They removed Curry from Westbrook because he was destroying him.

You keep repeating this even though I just posted the stats and proved it was wrong.

You're one of the only people I've seen on this board that NEVER admits when you're wrong. It diminishes your credibility in these talks. Just some friendly advice.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:49 pm 

Been watching most of this Wizards/Warriors game but looks like he had a rough night tonight.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:37 am 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You keep repeating this even though I just posted the stats and proved it was wrong.

You're one of the only people I've seen on this board that NEVER admits when you're wrong. It diminishes your credibility in these talks. Just some friendly advice.

Have you ever admitted you were wrong about

1. Westbrook?

2. Giannis/Butler?

3.Kyrie/Curry Matchup

4.OKC/G.S. series from a year ago?

5. Taj Gibson being one of the top 15 power forwards in the league.

6. Timberwolves having the worst defense in the league? NBA TV posted their ranking again tonight and you know what they were dead last.

7. Nerlens Noel being garbage?

Anything really. The vast majority of people on here never admit they're wrong. They either make excuses or move the goal post.

As far as Curry goes it's pretty accepted in NBA circles that he is a bad defender. That is why Durant and Westbrook were laughing. It's not like I'm reporting on something that most people havent.

Now you're making the case that Ball isn't bad in defense when anyone with eyesight can see that he is. Are you going to admit you're wrong about that?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I'll admit when I'm wrong. Could care less about my prediction/analysis accuracy.

I def wasn't always like this. Use to give way too much of a fuck about the opinions of other men.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:38 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

1. Westbrook?
What does this mean? I predicted he would win MVP and average a triple double last season before the year even started. You're off to a bad start
2. Giannis/Butler?
We just went over this. At the time of this debate it was very close, as evidenced by them finishing within a few votes of eachother on the all nba team.

3.Kyrie/Curry Matchup
Kyrie outplayed him two years ago and Curry outplayed him last year. Again, don't know what this means.
I think you mean two years ago. Your boy Westbrook only won 1 playoff game last year and didn't come close to facing GS. 2 years ago it was a closer series than I thought but GS still won and you predicted okc would win. This is another odd choice.
I have never said this and will have to insist on you finding the quote before debating it any further
6. Timberwolves having the worst defense in the league? NBA TV posted their ranking again tonight and you know what they were dead last.
I'll have to look it up but if it's total ppg allowed don't get mad when I laugh at you.
Once again, you're bringing up something you're still more wrong about than me! Noel is a hell of a lot more productive than Okafor right now, and that was the debate.

Anything really. The vast majority of people on here never admit they're wrong. They either make excuses or move the goal post.

As far as Curry goes it's pretty accepted in NBA circles that he is a bad defender. That is why Durant and Westbrook were laughing. It's not like I'm reporting on something that most people havent.

Now you're making the case that Ball isn't bad in defense when anyone with eyesight can see that he is. Are you going to admit you're wrong about that?

I've been wrong lots of times, and have admitted it, which is why it's so funny you came up with a bunch of examples that aren't true. All you had to say was Markkanen? And I would've said yep, looks like I got that one wrong.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:42 pm 

FF def admits when he is wrong. Sometimes it takes a while, but he will admit inaccuracy.

LTG, you're up there with JoRR, JLN, and Seacrest as the most relentlessly stubborn posters on the board.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:40 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
FF def admits when he is wrong. Sometimes it takes a while, but he will admit inaccuracy.

LTG, you're up there with JoRR, JLN, and Seacrest as the most relentlessly stubborn posters on the board.

The majority of people that get into verbal battles on here are relentlessly stubborn. Rare is the person that changes their opinion or acknowledges that they are wrong. Their wrongfulness never quite receives any scrutiny though. Passes are provided based upon the affinity that people have for the poster.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:42 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:

He hasn't admitted it about Westbrook. Westbrook won the MVP and took a team that would be in the top half of the lottery to the playoffs and he is bashed for not winning a playoff round.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:44 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

The majority of people that get into verbal battles on here are relentlessly stubborn. Rare is the person that changes their opinion or acknowledges that they are wrong. Their wrongfulness never quite receives any scrutiny though. Passes are provided based upon the affinity that people have for the poster.

I absolutely agree. The circle jerk is real. The hive mind is on display daily.

Truth be told, it was much worse in the past tho.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:55 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

1. Westbrook?
What does this mean? I predicted he would win MVP and average a triple double last season before the year even started. You're off to a bad start
2. Giannis/Butler?
We just went over this. At the time of this debate it was very close, as evidenced by them finishing within a few votes of eachother on the all nba team.

3.Kyrie/Curry Matchup
Kyrie outplayed him two years ago and Curry outplayed him last year. Again, don't know what this means.
I think you mean two years ago. Your boy Westbrook only won 1 playoff game last year and didn't come close to facing GS. 2 years ago it was a closer series than I thought but GS still won and you predicted okc would win. This is another odd choice.
I have never said this and will have to insist on you finding the quote before debating it any further
I'll have to look it up but if it's total ppg allowed don't get mad when I laugh at you.
Once again, you're bringing up something you're still more wrong about than me! Noel is a hell of a lot more productive than Okafor right now, and that was the debate.

I've been wrong lots of times, and have admitted it, which is why it's so funny you came up with a bunch of examples that aren't true. All you had to say was Markkanen? And I would've said yep, looks like I got that one wrong.

So now you are suggesting that NBA TV guys don't know what they are talking about either? They posted the ratings and Timberwolves were dead last.

As far as Westbrook goes you suggesting that he will win the MVP and avg a triple double yet somehow he still isn't impactful is at the least inconsistent. Might want to pick a lane on that one.

Noel is the backup center on a team that may be worse than the Bulls. Okafor isn't playing because they are trying to trade him and the word on the street is that Philly wants something significant in return. They won't get it imo and that's why he hasn't been moved yet.

As far as OKC/G.S. goes you said that there would be a sweep first and 5 games second. OKC didn't belong on the same court as the mighty G.S. Series went down to the last minute of game 7.

I don't recall you admitting wrong in Irving Curry 2 years ago either. More of a No comment at the time. You later stated that Curry was obviously playing hurt.

I don't say this to suggest anything other than the approach I have is no different than the approach taken by others who post here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:56 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

In your opinion do you believe that's why Many that used to post stopped?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:57 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

He hasn't admitted it about Westbrook. Westbrook won the MVP and took a team that would be in the top half of the lottery to the playoffs and he is bashed for not winning a playoff round.

I predicted he was going to win MVP! :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=129&t=101238

And I still think the criticism of only winning 1 game against the Rockets is fair and valid. Those teams were close enough to where that series should have been competitive.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:59 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

1. Westbrook?
2. Giannis/Butler?

3.Kyrie/Curry Matchup

So now you are suggesting that NBA TV guys don't know what they are talking about either? They posted the ratings and Timberwolves were dead last.

As far as Westbrook goes you suggesting that he will win the MVP and avg a triple double yet somehow he still isn't impactful is at the least inconsistent. Might want to pick a lane on that one.

Noel is the backup center on a team that may be worse than the Bulls. Okafor isn't playing because they are trying to trade him and the word on the street is that Philly wants something significant in return. They won't get it imo and that's why he hasn't been moved yet.

As far as OKC/G.S. goes you said that there would be a sweep first and 5 games second. OKC didn't belong on the same court as the mighty G.S. Series went down to the last minute of game 7.

I don't recall you admitting wrong in Irving Curry 2 years ago either. More of a No comment at the time. You later stated that Curry was obviously playing hurt.

I don't say this to suggest anything other than the approach I have is no different than the approach taken by others who post here.

I was wrong about the GS/OKC series being close. You were wrong about which team would win. I don't think you get to use that here.

Curry WAS hurt against Kyrie two years ago. This isn't speculation or an opinion, it's a documented fact. Curry redeemed himself last year by playing great in the Finals

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:01 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Yeah, probably one of the reasons. I also believe in survival of the fittest to a certain extent, so if they couldn't deal with all the man baby groupthink then maybe they weren't meant to be posting here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:13 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:

1. Westbrook?
2. Giannis/Butler?

3.Kyrie/Curry Matchup

I was wrong about the GS/OKC series being close. You were wrong about which team would win. I don't think you get to use that here.

Curry WAS hurt against Kyrie two years ago. This isn't speculation or an opinion, it's a documented fact. Curry redeemed himself last year by playing great in the Finals

I never said that OKC would win. I said the series would go at least 6. I also said they had the talent to play with G.S. It was obvious that they did.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:16 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Yeah, probably one of the reasons. I also believe in survival of the fittest to a certain extent, so if they couldn't deal with all the man baby groupthink then maybe they weren't meant to be posting here.

If it's truly survival of the fittest then there wouldn't be an incessant need for there to be groupthink. Let them sink or swim based on the strength of what they say.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:18 pm 

No, you said they were gonna win. You even did a victory lap a la T-Mac after OKC went up 3-2

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:20 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
No, you said they were gonna win. You even did a victory lap a la T-Mac after OKC went up 3-2

You can't prove it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:29 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You can't prove it.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:40 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Lonzo not a great weekend. I think the Lakers bench might be better than some of the starters. Brook Lopez is awful, not sure if he got hurt or just sucks cause he didn't play much the last game. KCP is good defensively, but should never touch the ball on offense. Every player is basically a ball stopper. Can't remember seeing too many plays this year where the ball didn't touch the ground repeatedly.

I will say that Lonzo's defense is becoming very underrated on this board. He has actually played pretty solid defense overall this year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:19 am 

shakes wrote:
Lonzo not a great weekend. I think the Lakers bench might be better than some of the starters. Brook Lopez is awful, not sure if he got hurt or just sucks cause he didn't play much the last game. KCP is good defensively, but should never touch the ball on offense. Every player is basically a ball stopper. Can't remember seeing too many plays this year where the ball didn't touch the ground repeatedly.

I will say that Lonzo's defense is becoming very underrated on this board. He has actually played pretty solid defense overall this year.

Lonzo Ball is looking like anything but the No.2 Pick in the draft. There are 10 players minimum from that draft that are playing better than he is. If he is that guy you'd be able to see it in spite of his teammates. He is playing 35+ minutes a night with the ball in his hands the entire time. There isn't anything special there. Rubio is but the latest of a growing list of guards that have outplayed him.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:53 am 

long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:

Lonzo Ball is looking like anything but the No.2 Pick in the draft. There are 10 players minimum from that draft that are playing better than he is. If he is that guy you'd be able to see it in spite of his teammates. He is playing 35+ minutes a night with the ball in his hands the entire time. There isn't anything special there. Rubio is but the latest of a growing list of guards that have outplayed him.

Name 10 rookies playing better than Lonzo. Lonzo has been great overall. How many other rookies are putting up 10ppg, 7.5 rpg, 7.5apg. 1.3 steals. Only thing he isn't doing is shooting well and finishing which is the easiest thing to correct.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:04 pm 

shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:

Name 10 rookies playing better than Lonzo. Lonzo has been great overall. How many other rookies are putting up 10ppg, 7.5 rpg, 7.5apg. 1.3 steals. Only thing he isn't doing is shooting well and finishing which is the easiest thing to correct.

Jayson Tatum.
Ben Simmons. (Still a rookie)
Fox
Lauri (SHort For Dirk)
Dennis Smith
Josh Jackson
Kuzma
COllins
Malik Monk
TJ Leaf

He isn't by any stretch playing good. He has only been in double digits in 1 out of 6 games. His shooting % is worst in the league. Can't defend. Coach benched him last game for not playing defense yet you state that his defense has been "underrated". With the hype and the setup he has he should run away with the ROY award yet barring injury to about 4-5 guys there is no way he gets close.

Actually he is turning out to be what I thought he was.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:21 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Hussra wrote:
Dude's a rookie. Not many rookies get it done on the defensive end. And if there's a position where weak-sauce defense is more tolerated than at the other positions, it's PG (see: Kyrie)

He isn't as dynamic offensively though and that's not just "a rookie" thing. Irving was much better offensively as a rookie than Ball.

Where does Walt fall on the "credibility" scale?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:23 pm 

long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:

Jayson Tatum.
Fox
Lauri (SHort For Dirk)
Dennis Smith
Josh Jackson
Kuzma
COllins
Malik Monk

WIll Check for the other one.

He isn't by any stretch playing good. He has only been in double digits in 1 out of 6 games. His shooting % is worst in the league. Can't defend. Coach benched him last game for not playing defense yet you state that his defense has been "underrated". With the hype and the setup he has he should run away with the ROY award yet barring injury to about 4-5 guys there is no way he gets close.

Simmons, yes.

Tatum: 15 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1 apg. Not playing better than Lonzo, but definitely benefiting from playing on a much better team and only having the responsibility of making shots.

Fox: LOL, 12.7 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 5 apg. Worse stats and failed miserably in his first start last night. Also not shooting well overall.

Lauri: 15.6, 9.6 rpg. Playing well, top 5 in ROY now.

Dennis Smith: 13.2 ppg, 6.6 apg, not a rebounder. playing well, doesn't have the overall game of Lonzo.

Josh Jackson: Is this a joke? 10.7 ppg, 3.3 rpg, shooting poorly

Kuzma: 13.7 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.5 apg, 51% from the field. Playing great vs second unit, starting to get even more minutes.

Collins: 11.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 51% fg. SHooting well, but less rebounds from PF position than Lonzo. No assists. Not even close to Lonzo.

Monk: This has to be a joke right? Or you just trying to make it obvious you are just throwing out names? 7.0 ppg on horrible shooting %, 1.5 apg. Seriously was this a joke or you just trying to show us what an idiot you are?

ALso, Lonzo was not benched for playing bad d, the entire starting unit was benched. Slight difference there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:27 pm 

long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Disagree. Almost everyone here admits when they are wrong.

There are exceptions but it's rightfully a respected position here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:30 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

Thanks for checking in RPB. Active topics FTW!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:32 pm 

rogers park bryan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

i must have missed when they admit it. There definitely isn't a barrage of guys waiting to correct them. I can cite two examples from last week alone where guys have gotten it wrong and there was nary a peep about it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:40 pm 

shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:

Jayson Tatum.
Fox
Lauri (SHort For Dirk)
Dennis Smith
Josh Jackson
Kuzma
COllins
Malik Monk

WIll Check for the other one.

Simmons, yes.

Tatum: 15 ppg, 6.3 rpg, 1 apg. Not playing better than Lonzo, but definitely benefiting from playing on a much better team and only having the responsibility of making shots.

Fox: LOL, 12.7 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 5 apg. Worse stats and failed miserably in his first start last night. Also not shooting well overall.

Lauri: 15.6, 9.6 rpg. Playing well, top 5 in ROY now.

Dennis Smith: 13.2 ppg, 6.6 apg, not a rebounder. playing well, doesn't have the overall game of Lonzo.

Josh Jackson: Is this a joke? 10.7 ppg, 3.3 rpg, shooting poorly

Kuzma: 13.7 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.5 apg, 51% from the field. Playing great vs second unit, starting to get even more minutes.

Collins: 11.4 ppg, 7.3 rpg, 51% fg. SHooting well, but less rebounds from PF position than Lonzo. No assists. Not even close to Lonzo.

Monk: This has to be a joke right? Or you just trying to make it obvious you are just throwing out names? 7.0 ppg on horrible shooting %, 1.5 apg. Seriously was this a joke or you just trying to show us what an idiot you are?

ALso, Lonzo was not benched for playing bad d, the entire starting unit was benched. Slight difference there.

There are two that I'm stretching and that would be Monk and Jackson. Not by much with Jackson though. Tatum is playing mch better than Ball.

You are showing us what an idiot you are to be frank. Ball has stunk in at least 3 of the 6 games that he has played so far and you repeatedly come on here telling the world how good he is looking. Either you really think that people are idiots or you are the damn idiot. He had one game where he even looked as though he belonged in the NBA.

He has looked like hot garbage.

Last edited by long time guy on Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
long time guy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

i must have missed when they admit it. There definitely isn't a barrage of guys waiting to correct them. I can cite two examples from last week alone where guys have gotten it wrong and there was nary a peep about it.

I'm willing to admit I was wrong about Markkanen being bad. I mean, he's at least not bad and might be better than I thought.

See, I can do it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 42  Next