It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:53 pm 

The need to call the proverbial "double tech" doesn't really help matters either. If its fair game then let it be fair game. If someone bothered to address people when they disagree with them about something then I wouldn't have to. Its that simple. He said something that was factually incorrect and I'm sure I'm not the only one that knows it. Rather than address him they swallowed the whistle as usual. Rather than simply state that it was incorrect he began hurling insults at me and its not the first time either. I responded in the way that i respond and will continue to respond.

I personally don't care if he or anyone here ever responds to anything that I write. At some point I will bounce from the joint anyway. It will be on my terms and in my own way though. I won't be bullied into anything so if that's the angle save it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
shakes wrote:
IMU wrote:
shakes wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
Hey Shakes and LTG. When you are the only 2 people posting in the thread it's kind of insane to keep quoting each other.

I am concerned.

don't worry, I'm done with him forever. Won't quote, read or reply to anything he posts ever again. If he wants to ruin the NBA forum he's going to have to do it by himself. I think he's up to the challenge.

Does this mean you're in tomorrow?

better?

Yes, that is the device needed if you decide you need to take any toll roads like I-90 to Real Time Sports. Glad to have you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
Bagels wrote:

this really got out of hand.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Very weak offensive game from Lonzo tonight. Having trouble getting past his guy and into the lane. Lakers are moving the ball well overall though. He continues to play well defensively. A steal and 2 blocks so far and continuing to pass the eye test.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:17 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
FavreFan wrote:
Very weak offensive game from Lonzo tonight. Having trouble getting past his guy and into the lane. Lakers are moving the ball well overall though. He continues to play well defensively. A steal and 2 blocks so far and continuing to pass the eye test.

You lied about Thibs and Kyrie though so you are not a credible source. This is just your need to label the proverbial “eye test” even though your eyes have no credibility. If anyone took the time to note your poor eyesight, I wouldn’t have the need to do so. It’s really that easy. Revisionist history is all you people have. You and others say things that are factually indisputable, and I know for a fact that others see the same thing I’m seeing. I’ve been watching basketball for over 60 years, 45 of which I was alive for. Rather than celebrate that, you just hurl insults at me as usual. I personally think this is a ploy to prop up Abraham Lincoln more than he should be. But I see that false narrative, and I won’t stop calling it what it is. Kyrie would destroy Abe in a 7-game series, and everyone knows it but they won’t admit it. Just ask Steph Curry. His stats might have been better last year, but you know damn well Steph never led any abolitionists and he sure as hell didn’t take on Lincoln 1-on-1.

This shit is chess for me, and you all are playing checkers. I didn’t get a masters in this for nothing. And I won’t be bullied into saying Lonzo will salvage the union. That’s just groupthink that runs rampant around these parts. I will be endorsing my support for this shit on my terms and in my own way. I won’t be bullied. This masters degree didn’t write itself.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:01 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Admittedly, I have not yet seen Ball play. I find it hard to say though that anyone picked as highly as he was averaging on 10/7/7 is playing up to the hype in any way, shape or form.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:40 am 

long time gay wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You lied about Thibs and Kyrie though so you are not a credible source. This is just your need to label the proverbial “eye test” even though your eyes have no credibility. If anyone took the time to note your poor eyesight, I wouldn’t have the need to do so. It’s really that easy. Revisionist history is all you people have. You and others say things that are factually indisputable, and I know for a fact that others see the same thing I’m seeing. I’ve been watching basketball for over 60 years, 45 of which I was alive for. Rather than celebrate that, you just hurl insults at me as usual. I personally think this is a ploy to prop up Abraham Lincoln more than he should be. But I see that false narrative, and I won’t stop calling it what it is. Kyrie would destroy Abe in a 7-game series, and everyone knows it but they won’t admit it. Just ask Steph Curry. His stats might have been better last year, but you know damn well Steph never led any abolitionists and he sure as hell didn’t take on Lincoln 1-on-1.

This shit is chess for me, and you all are playing checkers. I didn’t get a masters in this for nothing. And I won’t be bullied into saying Lonzo will salvage the union. That’s just groupthink that runs rampant around these parts. I will be endorsing my support for this shit on my terms and in my own way. I won’t be bullied. This masters degree didn’t write itself.

:lol: this post is hilarious.

You have been watching bball 60 yrs....45 of which you have been alive?

And the arrogance of your last paragraph is off the charts.

You have a lot of bball knowledge no doubt, but man take a few steps back.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:46 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
RFDC wrote:
long time gay wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I think he was joking. Hard to tell with LTG, but I think he was trying to be Lavar Ball-esque in his critique.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:58 am 

RFDC wrote:
long time gay wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Look at the screen name. You are responding to a Curious Hair mult.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
another tentative game for Lonzo. as the announcers kept saying, he needs to be more assertive. It's really only a confidence issue. Plus he is deferring way too much to teammates. But, other than that he played pretty good. Real solid defensively again, did a great job on Lillard when he was matched up on him.

His talents for pushing the ball are wasted on this team. He does a great job head manning the ball on the break, but then the guy who gets it invariably decides to stop at the top of the key and dribble a bunch of times which allows the D to catch up. KCP is fucking brutal to watch on the offensive side of the ball. IMO he should just stay on the D side of the ball and not even bother coming down court for offense.

The one silver lining last night was Larry Nance getting hurt. Now Walton will have no choice but to start Kuzma.

As the pros have said, Lonzo needs a few times around the league to get comfortable. I'm looking forward to next year when he gets to throw passes to Paul George and probably someone else who can play as well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:04 am 

conns7901 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
long time gay wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

:lol: ah fuck. He got me

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:04 am 

shakes wrote:
another tentative game for Lonzo. as the announcers kept saying, he needs to be more assertive. It's really only a confidence issue. Plus he is deferring way too much to teammates. But, other than that he played pretty good. Real solid defensively again, did a great job on Lillard when he was matched up on him.

His talents for pushing the ball are wasted on this team. He does a great job head manning the ball on the break, but then the guy who gets it invariably decides to stop at the top of the key and dribble a bunch of times which allows the D to catch up. KCP is fucking brutal to watch on the offensive side of the ball. IMO he should just stay on the D side of the ball and not even bother coming down court for offense.

The one silver lining last night was Larry Nance getting hurt. Now Walton will have no choice but to start Kuzma.

As the pros have said, Lonzo needs a few times around the league to get comfortable. I'm looking forward to next year when he gets to throw passes to Paul George and probably someone else who can play as well.

He scored 0 points, had 4 assists, and 3 rebounds. He sucked last night. Lillard had 32 points, 5 assists, and 6 rebounds. He destroyed Ball.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:05 am 

RFDC wrote:
conns7901 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
long time gay wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

:lol: ah fuck. He got me

Got me, too!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:27 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
shakes wrote:

He scored 0 points, had 4 assists, and 3 rebounds. He sucked last night. Lillard had 32 points, 5 assists, and 6 rebounds. He destroyed Ball.

I don't think you watched the game. He took 2 shots. Lillard got by him at most twice the entire game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:33 am 

shakes wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
shakes wrote:

I don't think you watched the game. He took 2 shots. Lillard got by him at most twice the entire game.

Literally, no one needs to watch the game in this case.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:50 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
shakes wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
shakes wrote:

thank you for proving my point.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:41 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
shakes wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
shakes wrote:

Lillard did almost all his damage at the free throw line and was 2-7 on shots where Lonzo was guarding him. This is why it helps to watch the games.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:57 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
shakes wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
shakes wrote:

Lillard did almost all his damage at the free throw line and was 2-7 on shots where Lonzo was guarding him. This is why it helps to watch the games.

No, you really do not need to watch a game to know Ball sucked ass last night and Lillard did not.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:12 pm 

Lillard played better but if you're gonna just go by box scores at least check more than just three stats. Lonzo had the best +/- of anyone on the team. He was on the court in the 2nd and 3rd quarter when they went on big runs. A lot of that was due to him making defensive plays and keeping the ball moving on offense. As shakes said, he played very passively, but he did not "suck ass".

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:16 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Lillard played better but if you're gonna just go by box scores at least check more than just three stats. Lonzo had the best +/- of anyone on the team. He was on the court in the 2nd and 3rd quarter when they went on big runs. A lot of that was due to him making defensive plays and keeping the ball moving on offense. As shakes said, he played very passively, but he did not "suck ass".

Sounds more like luck that the other guys on the floor with him picked up his slack.

I'm sure the Lakers would be happy to have a rookie line for Lonzo that shows 28 mpg, 0 ppg, 3 apg and 4 rbg as long as he passes the ball quickly to people who are actually being productive.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:19 pm 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Sounds more like luck that the other guys on the floor with him picked up his slack.

I'm sure the Lakers would be happy to have a rookie line for Lonzo that shows 28 mpg, 0 ppg, 3 apg and 4 rbg as long as he passes the ball quickly to people who are actually being productive.

Well if we want to get into absurd arguments I'm sure the Lakers would be thrilled if Lonzo averaged a steal and 2 blocks and kept his opponent under 30% shooting on shots he guarded.

It wasn't a good game for Lonzo but "Lillard destroyed Ball" is simply wrong. I can't blame someone for seeing a box score and concluding that though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:14 pm 

I say we don't let people comment in NBA threads on a certain game unless they've seen it. I'm happy to share my pass with anyone. It's how I get to sleep at night.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
City of Fools wrote:
I say we don't let people comment in NBA threads on a certain game unless they've seen it. I'm happy to share my pass with anyone. It's how I get to sleep at night.

You're a good man. You're one of my top thirty four posters. PM me the login details and tell me which Wolves games you're not going to watch.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:18 pm 

IMU wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

You're a good man. You're one of my top thirty four posters. PM me the login details and tell me which Wolves games you're not going to watch.

abso

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:48 pm 

https://twitter.com/JustRyCole/status/9 ... %3D1631984

yep, let's definitely call Lonzo a bust after an 8 game career.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:13 pm 

shakes wrote:
https://twitter.com/JustRyCole/status/926473533957345280/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D1631984

yep, let's definitely call Lonzo a bust after an 8 game career.

I'm most interested in how long it'll take people to acknowledge he's good defensively. He's been bad offensively though. Opposite of what was advertised in some ways

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
D'angelo Russell revenge game tonight

Goes for minimum 30

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:58 am 

I'm finally willing to agree with the hot take of Kuzma > Ball. I think Ball will be a good player but Kuzma is gonna be great.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:11 am 

FavreFan wrote:
I'm finally willing to agree with the hot take of Kuzma > Ball. I think Ball will be a good player but Kuzma is gonna be great.

It's more of a short sighted take than a hot take. Kuz has been awesome, easily the biggest steal of the draft at #27. But, he's also a very mature rookie, entered the league at 22 years old. Lonzo entered the league at 19 (now 20).

Lonzo played very well last night in every aspect except one, but its a glaring one since its so obvious. 3/15 from the field last nihgt, but played really good defense on Russell and also did a great job dictating the pace of the game. Finished with 7 assists and 0 turnovers, nothing to scoff at especially for a 20 year old rookie PG.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:44 pm 

Lonzo with 1 turnover in the last 3 games. Also leads all rookies in points saved on defense.

The only thing he isn't doing is shooting. Last night he was over aggressive looking for his shot trying to make up for the passive game he had the night before.

It's going to take him a couple years to really find his groove, but I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. Really looking forward to seeing him play with maybe a Paul George and who knows who else next year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 42  Next