It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lonzo: Year 1
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:47 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
FF def admits when he is wrong. Sometimes it takes a while, but he will admit inaccuracy.

LTG, you're up there with JoRR, JLN, and Seacrest as the most relentlessly stubborn posters on the board.

The majority of people that get into verbal battles on here are relentlessly stubborn. Rare is the person that changes their opinion or acknowledges that they are wrong. Their wrongfulness never quite receives any scrutiny though. Passes are provided based upon the affinity that people have for the poster.

Disagree. Almost everyone here admits when they are wrong.

There are exceptions but it's rightfully a respected position here.

i must have missed when they admit it. There definitely isn't a barrage of guys waiting to correct them. I can cite two examples from last week alone where guys have gotten it wrong and there was nary a peep about it.

I'm willing to admit I was wrong about Markkanen being bad. I mean, he's at least not bad and might be better than I thought.

See, I can do it.

I missed where you admitted that you were wrong about Trump having no shot at winning the election. You seemed to be that Horse a lot longer than Lauri "Short for Dirk" Markannen.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
long time guy wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
long time guy wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
FF def admits when he is wrong. Sometimes it takes a while, but he will admit inaccuracy.

LTG, you're up there with JoRR, JLN, and Seacrest as the most relentlessly stubborn posters on the board.

The majority of people that get into verbal battles on here are relentlessly stubborn. Rare is the person that changes their opinion or acknowledges that they are wrong. Their wrongfulness never quite receives any scrutiny though. Passes are provided based upon the affinity that people have for the poster.

Disagree. Almost everyone here admits when they are wrong.

There are exceptions but it's rightfully a respected position here.

i must have missed when they admit it. There definitely isn't a barrage of guys waiting to correct them. I can cite two examples from last week alone where guys have gotten it wrong and there was nary a peep about it.

I'm willing to admit I was wrong about Markkanen being bad. I mean, he's at least not bad and might be better than I thought.

See, I can do it.

I missed where you admitted that you were wrong about Trump having no shot at winning the election. You seemed to be that Horse a lot longer than Lauri "Short for Dirk" Markannen.

as stated in another thread, I still am amazed at the utter incompetence of Hillary/her campaign, and the stupidity of the American public. I was wrong. Talk about a lead pipe cinch, a candidate with the IQ of a turtle winning a presidential election.

Well, I guess two Bushes won.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Ltg gets so dug in on certain topics it's impossible to discuss anything related to that topic with him. It appears Lonzo is now one of those topics.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:44 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Ltg gets so dug in on certain topics it's impossible to discuss anything related to that topic with him. It appears Lonzo is now one of those topics.

This is the Lonzo thread after all. If Lonzo Ball's name was Jerian Grant and played for the Bulls we'd be bashing the hell out of him with those stats and that level of play. It seems that some are willing to look for any glimmer of hope in order to justify the hyperbole.

I left the Ball stuff alone earlier because i didn't think much about it or him. Never saw NBA superstar or even All Star. I saw a likely bust. Definitely aint a "stud". He has the look of a journeyman more than anything else. Once the hype dies down he will be in trouble.

You seem like you want in on the Ball hype. Have at it and be sure to bump the posters willing to admit they are wrong thread in a couple of years.

Last edited by long time guy on Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

This is the Lonzo thread after all.

LTG, when are you getting some brewskis with FF, Douchebag, Nas and I? I feel like we're only a couple of Tall Goose IPA's away from coming to agreement on a lot of these issues.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:30 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

This is the Lonzo thread after all. If Lonzo Ball's name was Jerian Grant and played for the Bulls we'd be bashing the hell out of him with those stats and that level of play. It seems that some are willing to look for any glimmer of hope in order to justify the hyperbole.

I left the Ball stuff alone earlier because i didn't think much about it or him. Never saw NBA superstar or even All Star. I saw a likely bust. Definitely aint a "stud". He has the look of a journeyman more than anything else. Once the hype dies down he will be in trouble.

You seem like you want in on the Ball hype. Have at it and be sure to bump the posters willing to admit they are wrong thread in a couple of years.

The first part of your post is wrong. Those of us watching the games would be thrilled to have someone with Lonzo's potential on the Bulls. Why would I be bashing him? Rondo is one of my favorite players ever.

I'm not "in" or out on the Lonzo hype. I didn't have a strong opinion either way. So far he's obviously struggling a lot to score but I like everything else I see.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:44 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The first part of your post is wrong. Those of us watching the games would be thrilled to have someone with Lonzo's potential on the Bulls. Why would I be bashing him? Rondo is one of my favorite players ever.

I'm not "in" or out on the Lonzo hype. I didn't have a strong opinion either way. So far he's obviously struggling a lot to score but I like everything else I see.

If John Paxson had drafted Ball at 2 the detractors would never let him hear the end of it.

You can like whatever you wish to like. As it stands now the play hasn't matched the hype. It's not really about him being a hall of famer or an All Star out of the gate either. Just don't look like a journeyman.

Markelle Fultz is shooting a higher percentage and he has played all of his games with a bum shoulder.

When he begins to play better then I will back off. As it stands now there isn't anything special about him.

Bulls rookie has been much more impressive and so has Jayson Tatum.

For Shakes to say that Tatum hasn't is just plain dumb.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If John Paxson had drafted Ball at 2 the detractors would never let him hear the end of it.

You can like whatever you wish to like. As it stands now the play hasn't matched the hype. It's not really about him being a hall of famer or an All Star out of the gate either. Just don't look like a journeyman.

Markelle Fultz is shooting a higher percentage and he has played all of his games with a bum shoulder.

When he begins to play better then I will back off. As it stands now there isn't anything special about him.

Criticism of Paxson is legitimate and not biased. If Paxson said the sky is blue you seem to think people here will criticize him for it. Not true. You can say or do the right thing on occasion and still be a dumbass. Like Paxson.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:08 pm 

Lonzo doesn't look like a journeyman. I'd challenge you to back that up and name one that plays like him.

Look, the potential is clearly there. I guess you can't see it, and that's fine. But you're simply wrong to say the rest of us would be as reactionary as you are when it comes to judging players after 5 games. I don't have a strong opinion on any of these rookies so far except Ben Simmons, who is going to be the next great superstar.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:18 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Criticism of Paxson is legitimate and not biased. If Paxson said the sky is blue you seem to think people here will criticize him for it. Not true. You can say or do the right thing on occasion and still be a dumbass. Like Paxson.

So your repeated claims that they are the worst run front office in the league is an example of being unbiased?

People on here bashed him because he had the nerve to trade the rights to a 2nd round pick. Think if he would have passed on all those guys to take Ball? Never would hear the end of it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:34 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Lonzo doesn't look like a journeyman. I'd challenge you to back that up and name one that plays like him.

Look, the potential is clearly there. I guess you can't see it, and that's fine. But you're simply wrong to say the rest of us would be as reactionary as you are when it comes to judging players after 5 games. I don't have a strong opinion on any of these rookies so far except Ben Simmons, who is going to be the next great superstar.

You have no problem assessing a guy that obviously had a bad shoulder but it's too early assess Ball

Last edited by long time guy on Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
long time guy wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

So your repeated claims that they are the worst run front office in the league is an example of being unbiased?

People on here bashed because he had the nerve j

I don't think you're done writing your post but I think I get the gist. Yeah, the bulls front office is pretty bad. Maybe not the worst but definitely in the bottom ten, especially when judged against the team's resources and market. We've all gone over the horrid personnel moves so let me focus on other issues:

Hiring VDN who had little to no experience. Simplistic thought process to hire the opposite personality of Skiles without thinking about the systems Skiles installed.

Hiring Hoiberg when no one else wanted his dumbass.

Overseeing divisions between the coaches/players and the front office, and exacerbating it by installing spies on the bench.

Conservatism. They haven't made a smart deal that tells everyone they're going for it all. Rockets did that by acquiring Harden and then later Howard. Thunder just did it with George. The Celtics did it with that bitch Irving. The Bulls most notable deal is trading a MVP candidate for a cripple. And trading for Cameron Payne, and overpaying for him on top of that.

Almost killing Luol Deng.

And MANY more. Yeah he did some good stuff (Thibs) but doesn't mean you have to overlook everything else.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:27 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You have no problem assessing a guy that obviously had a bad shoulder but it's too early assess Ball

What did I assess? I said if he's hurt he shouldn't be playing. Looks like they agreed. I also said it looks like a terrihle pick if he's not significantly hurt, but within days of us discussing that it turned out he was seriously hurt and they shut him down. I didn't have a strong opinion on him during the draft and still don't. Hopefully he gets healthy so we can see what he is.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:06 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:

I don't think you're done writing your post but I think I get the gist. Yeah, the bulls front office is pretty bad. Maybe not the worst but definitely in the bottom ten, especially when judged against the team's resources and market. We've all gone over the horrid personnel moves so let me focus on other issues:

Hiring VDN who had little to no experience. Simplistic thought process to hire the opposite personality of Skiles without thinking about the systems Skiles installed.

Hiring Hoiberg when no one else wanted his dumbass.

Overseeing divisions between the coaches/players and the front office, and exacerbating it by installing spies on the bench.

Conservatism. They haven't made a smart deal that tells everyone they're going for it all. Rockets did that by acquiring Harden and then later Howard. Thunder just did it with George. The Celtics did it with that bitch Irving. The Bulls most notable deal is trading a MVP candidate for a cripple. And trading for Cameron Payne, and overpaying for him on top of that.

Almost killing Luol Deng.

And MANY more. Yeah he did some good stuff (Thibs) but doesn't mean you have to overlook everything else.

10 worst run franchises than the Bulls during the last 10 years.

1. Phoenix Suns

2. New York Knicks

3. Detroit Pistons

4. Orlando Magic

5. Minnesota Timberwolves

6. Brooklyn Nets

7. New Orleans Pelicans

8. Charlotte Franchise

9. Philadelphia 76ers

10.L.A. Lakers.

Here is your bottom 10 of the worst run franchises

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:12 pm 

I disagree with the Pistons, Timberwolves, 76ers and Lakers.

Lakers won championships in 2009 and 2010. That was pretty dumb to say.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:19 pm 

IMU wrote:

The Lakers have been garbage for about the last 5 or 6 years. Missed the Playoffs 5 years running.

Its dumb of you to not include the Timberwolves. They have missed the playoffs thirteen years in a row. What is so great about them? Their gaudy 4-3 record currently?

The Bulls have been relevant up until the last 2 seasons. Still made the playoffs and had a winning record the year they didn't.

Even during the Vinny years they made the playoffs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:38 pm 

long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

The Lakers have been garbage for about the last 5 or 6 years. Missed the Playoffs 5 years running.

But you didn't say the last 5 or 6 years. You said 10 years. 2 championships in any 10 year period is pretty good. And you knew if you said the last 5 years, you knew the Bull have made nothing but bad decisions in the last five years and you definitely wouldn't be able to omit them.

long time guy wrote:
Its dumb of you to not include the Timberwolves. They have missed the playoffs thirteen years in a row. What is so great about them? Their gaudy 4-3 record currently?

They are a small market team in the West, and in the last few years they have made strides. I'm not trying to say they've been good. But they aren't in the bottom 10.

long time guy wrote:
The Bulls have been relevant up until the last 2 seasons. Still made the playoffs and had a winning record the year they didn't.

Thanks Thibs for doing wonders here in Chicago.

long time guy wrote:

Now that we've seen Hoiberg, it is more difficult for Bulls fans to shit on Vinny.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:42 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:
IMU wrote:

But you didn't say the last 5 or 6 years. You said 10 years. 2 championships in any 10 year period is pretty good. And you knew if you said the last 5 years, you knew the Bull have made nothing but bad decisions in the last five years and you definitely wouldn't be able to omit them.

long time guy wrote:

They are a small market team in the West, and in the last few years they have made strides. I'm not trying to say they've been good. But they aren't in the bottom 10.

long time guy wrote:

Thanks Thibs for doing wonders here in Chicago.

long time guy wrote:

Now that we've seen Hoiberg, it is more difficult for Bulls fans to shit on Vinny.

During the past 5 years the Bulls have been run better than the Lakers.

You disqualified yourself simply by including Minnesota. That Imbecile Hoiberg still had a better record than everyone's favorite Thibs last season. Until he does something he hasn't done nothing if you know what I mean.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:52 pm 

long time guy wrote:

You disqualified yourself simply by including Minnesota. That Imbecile Hoiberg still had a better record than everyone's favorite Thibs last season. Until he does something he hasn't done nothing if you know what I mean.

BUT YOU DIDN'T SAY 5 YEARS.

And again, if you want to change it from 10 years to 5 years, the Bulls and Lakers would BOTH be included on a Worst 10 list. The difference is the Lakers have Clarkson, Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Nance, Randle and a lot of cap space to bring in a star or two. The Bulls have Lauri, a broken LaVine, and your favorite player Kris Dunn and just paid Dwyane Wade almost $40M for one throwaway season.

That imbecile Hoiberg had Jimmy Butler. Do you want to match up this season's records?
Quote:
Until he does something he hasn't done nothing if you know what I mean.

I don't know what you mean. I don't follow CPS grammar.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
The bulls are in the east, a functioning genius (Pax) can win 30 games a year.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:54 pm 

IMU wrote:
long time guy wrote:

BUT YOU DIDN'T SAY 5 YEARS.

And again, if you want to change it from 10 years to 5 years, the Bulls and Lakers would BOTH be included on a Worst 10 list. The difference is the Lakers have Clarkson, Ball, Ingram, Kuzma, Nance, Randle and a lot of cap space to bring in a star or two. The Bulls have Lauri, a broken LaVine, and your favorite player Kris Dunn and just paid Dwyane Wade almost $40M for one throwaway season.

That imbecile Hoiberg had Jimmy Butler. Do you want to match up this season's records?
Quote:
Until he does something he hasn't done nothing if you know what I mean.

I don't know what you mean. I don't follow CPS grammar.

CPS grammar works fine. Maybe it's your brain that doesn't.

The Lakers are the only team that is debatable. The rest aren't. I'm not a Johnny come lately kind of guy. I look at the history. You are honestly attempting to make the case that the Bulls are worse run than 10 teams that perennially draft in the lottery. That's dumb. They aren't. The Bulls haven't drafted in the upper half of the lottery since Derrick Rose nearly 10 years ago. They are starting over. It happens in sports. Their arc changed once Rose became injured.

Last edited by long time guy on Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:58 pm 

312player wrote:

That functioning genius appears to have fleeced Thibs on that Butler trade. It is becoming more apparent by the day.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Lonzo feeling his way into the game against Pistons. Not looking bad.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:23 pm 

long time guy wrote:
312player wrote:

That functioning genius appears to have fleeced Thibs on that Butler trade. It is becoming more apparent by the day.

How do you figure this?

Lavine has not even played yet. Dunn has been nothing.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:49 pm 

Lonzo very aggressive coming out in 2nd half.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:53 pm 

Really enjoy this players only broadcast on NBA tv. Zeke, GA, Smitty in 1st half. McHale, GA, Smitty in 2nd half. Fucking great knowledge being passed on.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:32 pm 

Kuzma is already good but he has potential to be great. There's a lot to like about this Lakers team. I'm a fan.

Lonzo looked better scoring tonight obviously. Underwhelming stats because they didn't need him much in the second half of a comfortable win turned blowout. Played fairly well defensively again.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:05 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Another great game for Lonzo and a really fun game for me to watch. After having to read all the ignorant bullshit in this forum it was nice to get to spend 2.5 hours watching and listening to former greats of the game gush over what an amazing talent Lonzo is. Zeke, McHale, Greg Anthony, Steve Smith, C Web...to a man they all spent the whole game talking about how great Lonzo is and how you have to really understand basketball to totally appreciate just what an immense effect he has on the game.

Talked about how its going to take him a couple years to really get it going (just like I said) and how his very presence has transformed the Lakers.

And what a game he had. 13 pts on 6/13 shooting, 6 boards, 3 assists, 0 turnovers, 2 blocks. Continued to play really good defense as he has most of the season. Doing a great job defending smaller guards. Had trouble on Tobias Harris, but that's a size mismatch and there's no shame in getting burned by a guy as good as Harris. And on top of that, he had several highlight reel plays, scoring and passing.

Plain and simple, there hasn't been a player to enter the league with this much pressure and fanfare since Lebron. Actually he has way more pressure than Lebron given all the stuff Lavar has said. For him to perform this well and show this much poise is really amazing. What he is doing under the microscope is far more impressive than any rookie out there besides Simmons. Last night was the first time he looked really poised and in control of the game, taking his time and finding seams in the defense that allowed him to get all the way to the hoop, he looked like the wiley vet out there as opposed to a rookie.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:19 am 

shakes wrote:
Another great game for Lonzo and a really fun game for me to watch. After having to read all the ignorant bullshit in this forum it was nice to get to spend 2.5 hours watching and listening to former greats of the game gush over what an amazing talent Lonzo is. Zeke, McHale, Greg Anthony, Steve Smith, C Web...to a man they all spent the whole game talking about how great Lonzo is and how you have to really understand basketball to totally appreciate just what an immense effect he has on the game.

Talked about how its going to take him a couple years to really get it going (just like I said) and how his very presence has transformed the Lakers.

And what a game he had. 13 pts on 6/13 shooting, 6 boards, 3 assists, 0 turnovers, 2 blocks. Continued to play really good defense as he has most of the season. Doing a great job defending smaller guards. Had trouble on Tobias Harris, but that's a size mismatch and there's no shame in getting burned by a guy as good as Harris. And on top of that, he had several highlight reel plays, scoring and passing.

Plain and simple, there hasn't been a player to enter the league with this much pressure and fanfare since Lebron. Actually he has way more pressure than Lebron given all the stuff Lavar has said. For him to perform this well and show this much poise is really amazing. What he is doing under the microscope is far more impressive than any rookie out there besides Simmons. Last night was the first time he looked really poised and in control of the game, taking his time and finding seams in the defense that allowed him to get all the way to the hoop, he looked like the wiley vet out there as opposed to a rookie.

He played well last night but you make excuses whenever he doesn't so you're not really a credible source. They did gush over him quite a bit and the over the top praise of him didn't quite jive with what he has done thus far. The step back three was a nice move.

The Lakers team is also more talented than you have ever given them credit for. They also heaped praise on Kuzma (A guy that you consistently bash) and the oft maligned Randle. It is not Lonzo and a team of bums. I've seem rookies enter the league and play with much worse talent. He outplayed Jackson but Jackson really isn't that good anyway.

He has Portland tomorrow which means he will have to lock up with 2 guards that are going to be on the attack non stop. Lets see what he has then.

I've never seen a guy with his numbers ever be considered "great" either.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
long time guy wrote:
shakes wrote:

He played well last night but you make excuses whenever he doesn't so you're not really a credible source. They did gush over him quite a bit and the over the top praise of him didn't quite jive with what he has done thus far. The step back three was a nice move.

The Lakers team is also more talented than you have ever given them credit for. They also heaped praise on Kuzma (A guy that you consistently bash) and the oft maligned Randle. It is not Lonzo and a team of bums. I've seem rookies enter the league and play with much worse talent. He outplayed Jackson but Jackson really isn't that good anyway.

He has Portland tomorrow which means he will have to lock up with 2 guards that are going to be on the attack non stop. Lets see what he has then.

I've never seen a guy with his numbers ever be considered "great" either.

LOL, please name one time I bashed Kuzma. been in love with Kuz since summer league. Can't wait for him to be in the starting lineup so Lonzo can have someone good to pass to.

Just another example of you making shit up and talking out your ass.

Lakers team is awful, nothing but ball stoppers and iso players. Even the players in the studio were saying how Lonzo is the only playmaker on the team and therefore Lonzo has no one to get HIM the ball in scoring positions. The team played great last night and moved the ball better than they have all year, lets hope they keep that up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1260 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 42  Next