Blazers
Sonics
Kings
Sixers
Bobcats
Pacers
Clippers
T-wolves

Last edited by UmPhreak on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
What do your various denotations mean? And I disagree with a lot of them, but we'll see

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

^ for Western playoff teams
* for Eastern playoff teams

and :shock: for just being ridiculous

Last edited by Spinnin' Bucket on Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 3:36 pm 

I believe they are his playoff teams from each conference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
[quote="Spinnin' Bucket]

and :shock: for just being ridiculous[/quote]

I think the Nuggets, Grizzlies, and Hornets are too high, but besides that I dont see what is so ridiculous about these projections.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:31 pm 
1000 CLUB

I pretty much stopped paying attention once I saw the Bulls ahead of the Suns.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:35 pm 

Spinnin' Bucket wrote:

So you read 20% of the list and decided it was ridiculous?

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 5:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

No, I looked at the whole list. Giving it thought and reading it are not the same thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:27 pm 

i geuss im not going to help my case in your eyes by telling you i had the bulls in front of dallas to but changed it to the safer pick. Im high on the bulls and as long as these latest injuries arent serious im going to stick by it until they are exposed decisevely.

I can see arguments for moving kobe up if he stays on the lakers and they rally around him. but the chemistry is understandably poor in lakerland and i think kobe will likely get traded for something not worth his value. i think the warrios hardly got into the playoffs last year and i doubt baron davis stays as healthy +they lost jason richardson.

i decided to keep the bulls in front of the suns because after their 6th and 7th man they dont have any1 of much value. I think the bulls are one of the few teams that can run at the same pace as them on offense and our transition D is stronger than last year and could definetly keep us competitive. I think the suns have more talent so i definetly see you're point. But we can go a little deeper than our 7th man and i bet at least the later season match-up against them will be favorable for us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:43 pm 

Rockets^
Mavs^
Celtics*
Spurs^
Pistons*
Suns^
Bulls*
Nuggets^
Raptors*
Jazz^
Cavs*
Magic*
Grizzlies^
Wizards*
Hornets^
Lakers
Warriors
Hawks*
Nets
Heat
Knicks
Bucks
Blazers
Pacers
Sonics
Sixers
Bobcats
Kings
Clippers
T-wolves

Made some changes. I think I let potential injuries effect some of my earlier projections. Also I rethought my postion on a a couple teams based on some preseason games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:00 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
THE ROCKETS!?!?!?!?!? #1!??! Yea, I'm done reading.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:36 pm 

lol why not? mavs main concern after seeing them bust in the play-offs with lackluster effort both years is for them to stay fresh throughout the season. Its not going to be a huge drop-off but i dont think they are going to be so concerned about getting the #1 seed. they will conentrate on getting into the play-offs in good shape for a run to the finals.

I think the spurs will be the team to beat them in the conferance finals. The spurs definetly dont put as much emphasis on the regular season. They work their whole rotation to keep every1 well rested and nobody gets rusty.

I think the rockets are going to try and prove they are for real. We havent even really seen the teams play each other and the rockets have had a couple nice additions to their team, including a new coach and offensive system. They already have the defensive IQ and toughness from last year. Skula is what they needed at PF. they have francis off the bench. ming is looking as good as he's ever looked despite him saying he feels tired from playing in with china over the summer. So yea right now i have the rockets at number one. I think they could go out in the first or second round of the play-offs but its the first week on the regular season that im looking at. I havent even touched on T-mac.

I tried posting my rankings to get people talking about the NBA and its been mildly successful but its mostly people just looking at 1 team and refusing to consider the rest or even explain why that 1 team they were so shocked about is a bad choice. You guys cant even say anything of substance as to why its a poor choice.

Does any1 have something of substance to say? Maybe a reason why my choices are bad (I'm not saying they couldnt be). But the point is to get some kind of discussion going. I could care less if you disagree if you're not going to say why.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Spinnin' Bucket wrote:

I see Buckets' point - if the better teams in the league aren't ranked correctly (and the Spurs SHOULD be ranked ahead of the Bulls), does the rest of the rankings matter much ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:45 pm 

why cant the bulls hang? We'll have a much better idea after they play the pistons early on.

edit:never at 1 point did i have the spurs behind the bulls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:57 pm 

BD wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Spinnin' Bucket wrote:

I see Buckets' point - if the better teams in the league aren't ranked correctly (and the Spurs SHOULD be ranked ahead of the Bulls), does the rest of the rankings matter much ?

I still dont see his point. If his only purpose was to try to ridicule Umphreak without posting any thoughts of his own, I consider that a wasted post. I find it annoying when people do that, if you disagree then say what and why you disagree with, dont just ridicule someone for taking the time to post their thoughts. I dont agree with the whole list but I also dont think its as ridiculous as you guys are saying it is.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:27 pm 

lol i even conceded that the suns should be in front of the Bulls. I think the bulls should have to prove they're better than the suns rather than vice versa. obviously im high on the bulls though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:38 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
do we even need those trite markings? the top 16 teams on that list are the playoff teams. and im pretty certain we know what conference those teams play in.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:39 pm 

here's NBA.coms for comparison

Spurs^
Mavs^
Suns^
Rockets^
Pistons*
Jazz^
Celtics*
Bulls*
Raptors*
Nuggets^
Cavs*
Nets*
Heat *
Wizards*
Magic
Hornets^
Warriors^
Bucks
Grizzlies
Kings
sixers
lakers
hawks
pistons
bobcats
pacers
blazers
t-wolves
clippers
sonics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 4:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
OK FavreFan, I'll play by your rules from now on.

My disagreement earlier: Houston Rockets in the #1 spot.

My reasoning: No matter what's different about them, these guys have time and time again disappointed in the playoffs. They have yet to win even an NB Playoffs series with Mao and T-Mac on the same team. I can't accept the # overall ranking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:03 pm 

after day 1

Mavs^
Spurs^
Celtics*
Rockets^
Suns^
Pistons*
Bulls*
Nuggets^
Jazz^
Raptors*
Cavs*
Magic*
Hornets^
Wizards*
Grizzlies^
Lakers
Warriors
Nets*
Hawks
Heat
Knicks
Bucks
Blazers
Pacers
Sonics
Sixers
Bobcats
Clippers
Kings
T-wolves

There are 7 east teams that I think can compete for spots 6, 7, and 8. In order: The Magic, wizards, nets, hawks, heat, knicks, and bucks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Hut
The Mavs will be exposed. If they get to the semi-finals they'll be lucky.

Kid Cairo: 2013 March Madness Tournament Winner!

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
Kid Cairo wrote:
The Mavs will be exposed. If they get to the semi-finals they'll be lucky.

Hey Kid, in case you forgot, they've already been exposed- in the 1st round last year :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:29 pm 

lol i just dont think the spurs are the best team in the league. i geuss they should be #1 until some1 beats them cause i dont know who i'd say is better. I thought it was the rockets but they didnt look fantastic against the lakers. So for now the mavs are #1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:29 pm 

pizza_Place: The Bowling alley, where else?
I understand that the Celtics have the best trio in the league right now, but I don't believe that that is enough to put them ahead of the Bulls. Celts have no other supporting cast and no depth. Both Pierce and Allen are getting up there in age and they are going to have to log in alot of minutes to keep them at the top. I just don't see it. The Bulls are prime to have one of their best years in some time. With some playoff experience under their belt from the last two years, I think this is the year they take the next step.
Here are my rankings:
Spurs
Phoenix
Dallas
Utah
Detroit
Chicago
Houston
Denver
Cleveland
Boston
Golden St
Toronto
Washington
New Jersey
Orlando
Miami
New Orleans
Milwaukee
New York
Sacramento
Atlanta
Memphis
Charlotte
Philly
Lakers
Indiana
Portland
Minnesota
Seatle
Clippers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:51 pm 

kile32 wrote:
The Bulls are prime to have one of their best years in some time. With some playoff experience under their belt from the last two years, I think this is the year they take the next step.

I hear you, but here's the problem: We've said that the last two years. The Wizards series in '05 was supposed to get them ready for the next level. It didn't. They got to the same point the following year and got outclassed by Miami, who despite eventually winning the title, were very beatable (Ben Gordon was helpless in that series).

Last year most of us thought those two playoff losses would be the experience the'd need to get over the hump. They beat a bad and banged up Miami team that crawled into the playoffs (anybody else would've beat Miami too), and then got ROCKED by the Pistons. Seriously, they looked as bad as some of the Tim Floyd teams in that Pistons series.

It's just hard for me to accept that all of a sudden, with basically the same team, they'll suddenly turn a corner and be good when it counts. If they don't land Kobe, it'll be the same ole story come next spring.

"Cowabunga? Cowa fucking piece of dog shit! This game is diarrhea coming out of my dick!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:27 pm 

pizza_Place: The Bowling alley, where else?
The year they lost to Miami, they were exopsed of having no inside presence. Their legs got tired in the end from too many jump shots. I don't think they got outclassed. It was just a good learning experience.

The next year, they learned from that experience and beat Miami, pretty soundly, I would add. The next series against Detroit, well, I just have to tip my hat to them. They were pretty dominant. I don't think it mattered who played Detroit in that series. Detroit would of beat them. ( I also think the NBA had their hand in Cleveland beating Detroit as well but that is another topic)

This year, the Bulls have a respectable inside game with Joe Smith Aaron Gray, Noah and Tyrus Thomas at times. I think they have all of their pieces in place.

But from what I am hearing on MJH is that the team is being broken up with a Kobe trade and this might kill the season IMO. I am against this trade.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:30 pm 

i feel like boston hasnt done anything suggesting they arent for real, even their bench has looked allright up to this point. but i like your rankings anyway kile. 1 other thing to consider for now is that the kings look old and selfish. i think they'll get worse before they get better.

and i think detroit looked too good against the bulls last year in the play-offs. if the bulls want to be ranked in front of detroit they have to beat them first. luckily we get to see that match-up pretty early in the season. Its the bulls first "BIG" game. that game is on the 8th on TNT. the nets are a pretty big game too though. Im excited for tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:37 pm 

kile32 wrote:
The year they lost to Miami, they were exopsed of having no inside presence. Their legs got tired in the end from too many jump shots. I don't think they got outclassed. It was just a good learning experience.

The next year, they learned from that experience and beat Miami, pretty soundly, I would add. The next series against Detroit, well, I just have to tip my hat to them. They were pretty dominant. I don't think it mattered who played Detroit in that series. Detroit would of beat them. ( I also think the NBA had their hand in Cleveland beating Detroit as well but that is another topic)

This year, the Bulls have a respectable inside game with Joe Smith Aaron Gray, Noah and Tyrus Thomas at times. I think they have all of their pieces in place.

But from what I am hearing on MJH is that the team is being broken up with a Kobe trade and this might kill the season IMO. I am against this trade.

Good points. I seriously hope that I'm wrong.