It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Pirri
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou malnaties
So I was pretty upset that pirri didn't really have his time with the hawks, and now that he is doing pretty well in Florida it annoys me. What do you guys think we should have done with Brandon?

Post subject: Re: Pirri
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:04 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Sold higher. He wasn't going to make it here with his waiver exemption running out and Teravainen coming in, and he reportedly had a bad attitude in the dressing room.

Florida is bereft enough to play him at wing. We don't need wings.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:07 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Sold higher. He wasn't going to make it here with his waiver exemption running out and Teravainen coming in, and he reportedly had a bad attitude in the dressing room.

Florida is bereft enough to play him at wing. We don't need wings.

Oh I never heard about the locker room part, and yeah I get the waiver, I guess it's one of those things where I can see him being a very good player in a few years and really helping out a team, and shit the Blackhawks could use something the way they playing right now, well for the past 3 months at that

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:11 pm 

Pirri had plenty of time to develop a requisite two-way game and couldn't seem to do it. Shaw, Saad, Kruger, and Smith all lapped him. It could just be smearing him on the way out, but it's trickling out that he was never a good fit and was kind of entitled -- again, something you definitely don't see from Shaw or Saad. I really wanted him to succeed, and thought he would, but it never came together for him.

As for flourishing with Florida, he had a two-point game tonight in a loss and the Panthers have won one game out of five with him in the lineup.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:16 pm 

Yeah I just hope the hawks step it up real soon, but as for him in Florida I haven't been really payin much attention but I've heard about a couple good games so that's where I'm coming from

Where do you see the hawks going this year with the way they have performed? I've been talking to a few people and we agree if they don't step it up come playoffs we are out the first round, I would hate to see that

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:18 pm 

Out in the first round, probably swept.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:19 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

That would suck though, they have the talent which is why this season has disappointed me

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:20 pm 

Fflb wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

That would suck though, they have the talent which is why this season has disappointed me

Please do not listen to CH.

He is always negative regarding the hawks. It is what he does.

Hawks will be fine.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:22 pm 

We have a playoff format that pretty much locks them into playing Colorado, and they can't beat Colorado. Why do you feel they'll be fine?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:23 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
We have a playoff format that pretty much locks them into playing Colorado, and they can't beat Colorado. Why do you feel they'll be fine?

You said the same thing last year.

They couldn't beat anyone.

Blah blah blah.

Lots of hockey left.

They will be fine

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:25 pm 

Not sure why I would have said they couldn't beat anyone in a year that they beat almost everyone. On the other hand, this year's team has cleaned up against bad teams and failed to beat good ones. 9 wins out of 22 in the division doesn't instill confidence, does it?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:26 pm 

RFDC wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

You said the same thing last year.

They couldn't beat anyone.

Blah blah blah.

Lots of hockey left.

They will be fine

I think they will, no doubt it will be tough but they have the talent, plain and simple, with the most explosive offense, a grade A defense, and crow that should step it up in the playoffs, I want to see a deep run

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:28 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Not sure why I would have said they couldn't beat anyone in a year that they beat almost everyone. On the other hand, this year's team has cleaned up against bad teams and failed to beat good ones. 9 wins out of 22 in the division doesn't instill confidence, does it?

They haven't been playing up to potential and I don't know what it is, they clean it up come the playoffs and I see them going deep

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:29 pm 

They have the talent on paper, but they're not clicking. Power play's fading fast, Handzus is an anchor, Kane dropped out of the scoring race (probably dropped because he's tied to an anchor), and none of the various junk drawers that have been used as third lines seem to work. There's no logical reason why this Avalanche bullshit should keep going, but it does, and it worries me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:33 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
They have the talent on paper, but they're not clicking. Power play's fading fast, Handzus is an anchor, Kane dropped out of the scoring race (probably dropped because he's tied to an anchor), and none of the various junk drawers that have been used as third lines seem to work. There's no logical reason why this Avalanche bullshit should keep going, but it does, and it worries me.

I didn't see the power play being that good through the year, I knew that was falling off, sometimes I have no clue what coach Q does with that line, it's very annoying how Kruger had a good Olympic break then shits bricks when he comes back, but it's all about whether or not we can click come crunch time, if they do then we will be good, if not then I do see an early exit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
It'll be ironic and disappointing if the Bulls go further in the playoffs than the Hawks. Maybe they are going the Bernstein route and not trying hard, at all, in the regular season. I don't know, my waters don't run very deep when it comes to hockey. I just sorta assumed they were a top 2-3 team all year but every time I look up a score of a game they are losing.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:05 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
It'll be ironic and disappointing if the Bulls go further in the playoffs than the Hawks. Maybe they are going the Bernstein route and not trying hard, at all, in the regular season. I don't know, my waters don't run very deep when it comes to hockey. I just sorta assumed they were a top 2-3 team all year but every time I look up a score of a game they are losing.

They were sketchy in October, good in November and December, and mediocre to terrible since the new year. For a long time, their kill was second-to-last in the league. Time after time, they were giving up goals right off the draw. This year's team feels like the 2012 team, which had a lot of talent on paper but was just missing that je ne sais quoi and wound up losing to a Phoenix team that was much worse on paper.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:33 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:

Are you really denying having the same song and dance last year?

Come on man.

Frank Coztansa wrote: