It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 374, 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380 ... 1539  Next
 Post subject: Re: Julie DiCaro!!!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Fuck cul de sacs.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:21 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
KDdidit wrote:
Fuck cul de sacs.

Underrated Genesis song.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Giordano's
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Juice's Lecture Notes wrote:
In trying to find court appearance records, I inadvertently confirmed that Julie's school redistricting fight was definitely the one that would have ended up having her kids go to a very, very, "diverse" high school, instead of Neuqua Valley. Yeah, it was about the bus ride :roll:

The story of the boundary controversy is kind of interesting. As the southwestern part of Naperville was expanding rapidly, there was a need to build more high schools. Waubonsie Valley was built in the 70s and was bursting at the seams so they built Neuqua Valley (aka the Taj Mahal). It was featured in magazines as one of the fanciest high schools in the country. Less than 10 years later, they decided they needed yet another high school, as Waubonsie and Neuqua were both at full capacity (I think 4,000+ students each). Therefore the quest for a third high school, Metea Valley, began.

The first issue was getting a $150 million referendum to pass. That failed, and so they tried again and essentially bribed certain subdivisions by promising they would get to go to the new school (not Waubonsie). Due to many scare tactics (if you vote no, we'll have year-round school, splits shifts, etc.), it passed on the second try.

The next problem was that there was virtually no open land left in Naperville to build a high school. The logical candidate was the Brach-Brody farm at Rt 59 and 75th (across from Costco) but this was during the real estate boom of the mid-2000s (before the crash) so the owners wanted big bucks for the land. The city filed eminent domain to get the land and they went to trial to establish a fair price. The jury decided on a price of around $550k per acre, which the school district balked at even though they had previously said they would pay up to $600k. So they dropped Brach-Brody and chose the only other parcel available, up north near I-88 and far away from the population center.

Because the new location was drastically different, they had to re-draw the boundaries and now the subdivisions that had been promised Metea Valley got switched to Waubonsie. It was so absurd, there are some subdivisions that are literally right next to Neuqua and yet have to take a bus to Waubonsie. The district claimed that they need to "balance achievement" to make sure you had a proper mix of students.

My guess is that Julie lives in one of these subdivisions.

From what I could piece together, she was fighting a redistricting plan that would have sent kids in her area to a school that acts as a feeder to Metea Valley. This was around 2010-2012. Parents in the area were outraged at the proposed length of a bus ride (estimated at 15 minutes) to this new school, but it appears much more likely that the parents wanted to keep their kids out of Metea, which despite being the newest school in the area, also just-so-happens to be incredibly more "diverse" than Neuqua, the ultimate destination of the original district setup for that area. MV would have been a 10 minute jaunt up a certain western suburban highway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
We've got all sorts of weird busing going on in D300. Some kids are shipped out to Hampshire (30 minutes I am told), while our neighborhood is sent to Dundee Crown. Jacobs is closest by 50% relative to DC.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:42 pm 

Not to defend Julie but we bought specifically where we did because the schools scores are better than others in the district (also, less blacks attend :roll: ) Id be pissed if we were redistricted and all of the sudden our kid was going to a lower rated school.

Last edited by badrogue17 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequods
badrogue17 wrote:
Not to defend Julie but we bought specifically where we did because the schools scores are better than others in t district (also, less blacks attend :roll: ) Id be pissed if we were redistricted and all of the sudden our kid was going to a lower rated school.

Julie's argument would be fine if she wasn't an SJW who spends her life saying we are all horrible people for systemic racism and she is a true ally. We attack her for it because she is on a soap box.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
badrogue17 wrote:
Not to defend Julie but we bought specifically where we did because the schools scores are better than others in the district (also, less blacks attend :roll: ) Id be pissed if we were redistricted and all of the sudden our kid was going to a lower rated school.

Many people make home purchase decisions to avoid poor public schools.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:52 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:

Except both have similar graduation rates and post secondary enrollment rates. Neuqua may be, strictly speaking, the better option, but Metea isn't a vocational school, and how can Julie put a price on a diverse learning experience rich in converging cultures?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:54 pm 

denisdman wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Many people make home purchase decisions to avoid poor public schools.

There is no difference in the education at the High Schools in that district. There are just more Whites and Asians at Neuqua.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:58 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
How different can two Naperville high schools really be? Asking because I have very little familiarity with Naperville.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:59 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
How different can two Naperville high schools really be? Asking because I have very little familiarity with Naperville.

Two of the schools are in Aurora.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:54 pm 

pizza_Place: lou malnati's
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Dan_Donovan_17 wrote:
How does one go about getting a lawyer to go after news reporter who try to Dox them? Asking for a friend.

https://twitter.com/Dan_Donovan_17/stat ... 5714379776

I don't have an expansive knowledge of tort law or computer crime laws, but I think most doxxing efforts aren't unlawful nor tortious.

You're burying the lede , Juice. The Dan Donovan is now posting here . Welcome!

The best part is that he used her own words and a recording to prove she was lying. She responded by acting like a child and name calling. Welcome Dan.

Yeah, talk about a smoking gun, Jesus. The best I ever had was tea-leaf reading her updates and tweets on facts of the case as they emerged. Here she is explicitly stating "I think he did it...".

AND she still will not address it. It also happened around the time that she found out the identity of "One of her Biggest Trolls" AND. Tim Graham and an actual AP Reporter as well as another Radio Host in Buffalo, all tried to Dox me at the same time. And for all of you with too much time on your hands, to look at my full feed, I have never once said anything violent, abusive, aggressive or over the top rude to her. I called Tim on his shit as equal as her so getting called a misogynist is just lazy. I also had a back and forth with the guys from the Lame Podcast (that quit) that she was on, and they fully admitted that it wasn't out of context that they thought he was guilty. 3 Days in.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:59 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Curious Hair wrote:

It's mainly cosmetic. Waubonsie Valley was/is viewed as inferior because it has an aging stucco exterior and draws some kids from Aurora. Neuqua Valley is burnished brick and state-of-the-art everything and is almost all white/Asian. When they built the third one (Metea Valley), they made a conscious design effort to be understated as to not further make the Waubonsie students feel like they were getting less.

Of the three, I think Neuqua has the biggest heroin problem. Go figure.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:59 pm 

Dan_Donovan_17 wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
Dan_Donovan_17 wrote:
How does one go about getting a lawyer to go after news reporter who try to Dox them? Asking for a friend.

https://twitter.com/Dan_Donovan_17/stat ... 5714379776

I don't have an expansive knowledge of tort law or computer crime laws, but I think most doxxing efforts aren't unlawful nor tortious.

You're burying the lede , Juice. The Dan Donovan is now posting here . Welcome!

The best part is that he used her own words and a recording to prove she was lying. She responded by acting like a child and name calling. Welcome Dan.

Yeah, talk about a smoking gun, Jesus. The best I ever had was tea-leaf reading her updates and tweets on facts of the case as they emerged. Here she is explicitly stating "I think he did it...".

AND she still will not address it. It also happened around the time that she found out the identity of "One of her Biggest Trolls" AND. Tim Graham and an actual AP Reporter as well as another Radio Host in Buffalo, all tried to Dox me at the same time. And for all of you with too much time on your hands, to look at my full feed, I have never once said anything violent, abusive, aggressive or over the top rude to her. I called Tim on his shit as equal as her so getting called a misogynist is just lazy. I also had a back and forth with the guys from the Lame Podcast (that quit) that she was on, and they fully admitted that it wasn't out of context that they thought he was guilty. 3 Days in.

Yeah, when cornered and running out of options, regressive leftists won't hesitate to start doxxing people. Some of the worst and thorough doxxing done during Gamergate was done by anti-Gamergate people.

And I remember you during that whole fiasco, and I can't recall a single tweet that was vulgar or threatening.

Last edited by Juice's Lecture Notes on Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:01 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

It's mainly cosmetic. Waubonsie Valley was/is viewed as inferior because it has an aging stucco exterior and draws some kids from Aurora. Neuqua Valley is burnished brick and state-of-the-art everything and is almost all white/Asian. When they built the third one (Metea Valley), they made a conscious design effort to be understated as to not further make the Waubonsie students feel like they were getting less.

It is however, located near a Pizza Mod so it has that going for it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:04 pm 

Jaw Breaker wrote:

I don't like that this implies all three schools have heroin problems of varying magnitude.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Curious Hair wrote:

Think leash and Dr. Ken.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
badrogue17 wrote:
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Curious Hair wrote:

It is however, located near a Pizza Mod so it has that going for it.

And an AMC!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Waubonsie always has a stupid "word of the week" on their outdoor signage... it would be something like "aplomb" or "gradient"... something that might be interesting for a middle schooler, but shouldn't really be tremendously challenging to a high school student. They also have a Big Apple Bakery right across the street that has some really big apple fritters.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:25 pm 

newper wrote:
Waubonsie always has a stupid "word of the week" on their outdoor signage... it would be something like "aplomb" or "gradient"... something that might be interesting for a middle schooler, but shouldn't really be tremendously challenging to a high school student. They also have a Big Apple Bakery right across the street that has some really big apple fritters.

I think Deerfield HS used to put "pernicious" on their sign ad nauseum

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
badrogue17 wrote:
newper wrote:

And mesh point.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:59 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
newper wrote:

And mesh point.

Also the rarely-used "exit velocity".

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:18 pm 

Must have been so annoying when Deerfield's word of the week was "abhorrent" and then New Trier's sign would say "it's not even that: it's enormity."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:39 pm 

Curious Hair wrote:
Must have been so annoying when Deerfield's word of the week was "abhorrent" and then New Trier's sign would say "it's not even that: it's enormity."

:lol:

Totally unrelated, but Spiegel & Parkins had the KMOX pre and post guy on the other day, and his first line was "When I went to school at New Trier with Danny..." and, to quote the kids, "I couldn't even."

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:56 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Neuqua has a pretty good deli across the street.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:57 pm 

And yes, women's sports are boring. One game doesn't change that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:44 am 

And yes, women's sports are boring. One game doesn't change that.

What barn burner game that no one watched or was aware of is she talking about ?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:46 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Mississippi St vs UConn. It was pretty exciting actually. So obviously one game changes the entire perception :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:50 am 

redskingreg wrote:
Mississippi St vs UConn. It was pretty exciting actually. So obviously one game changes the entire perception :lol:

I've seen multiple stories / videos of Patrick Kane spending time with sick kids, going out of his way to sign autographs etc, surely that must mean he's a great guy right?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 374, 375, 376, 377, 378, 379, 380 ... 1539  Next