It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Harrison Butker
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
Nas wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Who fucking cares what he said? He was speaking to a specific audience and it seems like it was well received. He wasn't giving a speech to all of America. If you don't like what he said move on.

The people who are buying his jersey in record numbers and the people who want to see him get cut.

MANY romanticize about the days when they believe a woman carried a baby in one hand and a sandwich in the other hand. When women allegedly took pride in helping men fulfill their dreams and prayed that man would never leave them. That view of women and marriage isn't unique. I was bothered by the cheering parents. I would venture to guess most of their daughters didn't get a degree solely because they wanted to be a homemaker. I would also venture to guess they didn't need that encouragement at their graduation.

It should also be pointed out that Butker's mother is a very accomplished educator.

Good for them!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 10:44 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Franky T wrote:
Nas wrote:
Franky T wrote:
Who fucking cares what he said? He was speaking to a specific audience and it seems like it was well received. He wasn't giving a speech to all of America. If you don't like what he said move on.

The people who are buying his jersey in record numbers and the people who want to see him get cut.

MANY romanticize about the days when they believe a woman carried a baby in one hand and a sandwich in the other hand. When women allegedly took pride in helping men fulfill their dreams and prayed that man would never leave them. That view of women and marriage isn't unique. I was bothered by the cheering parents. I would venture to guess most of their daughters didn't get a degree solely because they wanted to be a homemaker. I would also venture to guess they didn't need that encouragement at their graduation.

It should also be pointed out that Butker's mother is a very accomplished educator.

Good for them!

#Verdad

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 12:35 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I think this is ten times the problem it is because of the Swifties. Cutting a promo about how a woman's place is in the home would have raised eyebrows anyway, but this broke the brains of all the girls who can't cope with football players having bad thoughts on things.

It's funny, though, because Taylor & Travis, were they not famous, would be that couple from your hometown (if your hometown is roughly northwest of Barrington) where they met in high school and the guy is some sort of contractor and she's a stay-at-home mom who runs an Etsy shop full of crap she found at garage sales and makes him do TikToks with her. They're either actual Mormons or just seem like it. They'd have been the archetypal Republican couple but they're shitlibs.[/color]

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 2:05 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
"I am exhausted from standing arm and arm with "palestine" all week. I really don't have the energy nor mental stamina to deal with Butkers' oppressive and insulting views on the role of a woman in society.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 5:51 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Franky T wrote:

It's more fun to be a victim.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 5:56 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
Curious Hair wrote:
I think this is ten times the problem it is because of the Swifties. Cutting a promo about how a woman's place is in the home would have raised eyebrows anyway, but this broke the brains of all the girls who can't cope with football players having bad thoughts on things.

It's funny, though, because Taylor & Travis, were they not famous, would be that couple from your hometown (if your hometown is roughly northwest of Barrington) where they met in high school and the guy is some sort of contractor and she's a stay-at-home mom who runs an Etsy shop full of crap she found at garage sales and makes him do TikToks with her. They're either actual Mormons or just seem like it. They'd have been the archetypal Republican couple but they're shitlibs.[/color]

That's the thing. Taylor is the biggest "girl boss" in the history of the planet, yet her fans obviously want her to find the kind of storybook love that is the backbone of "The Patriarchy." I'm not sure if that's what she wants herself or not. Her early catalogue suggests she did at one time. But if I had to guess I'd say she'll eventually go back to "dating" twee Englishmen and mezzo finnocchios.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 6:23 am 

I think he is a great representative of religious thought. I look forward to more.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 7:03 am 

pizza_Place: Milano's
He should do a song with Jelly Roll

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 7:32 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Curious Hair wrote:

Roughly northwest of barrington.... hm.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 8:07 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Franky T wrote:

It's more fun to be a victim.

MAGA!

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 12:58 pm 

Last Sunday hundreds of millions of birthing people made us take a precious weekend day to celebrate them for the sole reason that they reproduced. Last Monday they were outraged someone said reproducing was an important role

Womyn.

Just have to accept it with a smile. He should have told them the highest calling was to be a ceo, then they would scream that they should be mothers

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 1:03 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
That's the thing. Taylor is the biggest "girl boss" in the history of the planet, yet her fans obviously want her to find the kind of storybook love that is the backbone of "The Patriarchy."

When I saw the spiritual leader of white girls who took AP English find a storybook romance with a dumb oaf, my first thought was "well, this will not redound to my benefit, will it."

I hope she finds true love with Karlie Kloss.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 1:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
good dolphin wrote:
Last Sunday hundreds of millions of birthing people made us take a precious weekend day to celebrate them for the sole reason that they reproduced. Last Monday they were outraged someone said reproducing was an important role

Womyn.

Just have to accept it with a smile. He should have told them the highest calling was to be a ceo, then they would scream that they should be mothers

Reproduction is easy and fun for men. I'm not sure why we have a Father's Day.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 1:40 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
good dolphin wrote:

Womyn.

Reproduction is easy and fun for men. I'm not sure why we have a Father's Day.

We really don’t in practice

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 3:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

It's really hard for us and it affects our brain. Women don't understand that. God knows we can handle it. That's why we never lose the ability to reproduce.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 5:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
Quote:
Julie DiCaro
@juliedicaro.bsky.social
Heaven forbid a man say something backwards and misogynist without other men riding to his rescue. Butker's jersey is also currently the top-selling jersey at NFL shop.

How can that be true if the fan base is 47% women?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 5:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Quote:
Julie DiCaro
@juliedicaro.bsky.social
Heaven forbid a man say something backwards and misogynist without other men riding to his rescue. Butker's jersey is also currently the top-selling jersey at NFL shop.

Do you think all women think alike? Some,(as we have seen on this board) are kind of dimwits.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 5:22 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Jaw Breaker wrote:
Quote:
Julie DiCaro
@juliedicaro.bsky.social

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 6:07 pm 

You have to admit, though, that "yeah but all that really matters for women is staying home and popping out kids" is a weird address to give to college graduates and their parents who just paid a lot of money. Even BYU would sense the public-relations shitstorm and dial it down from that.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
I don't understand why he is being vilified for articulating teachings of the Catholic church at a conservative Catholic college?

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 8:41 pm 

a genius wrote:
I don't understand why he is being vilified for articulating teachings of the Catholic church at a conservative Catholic college?

Exactly. He was just honest about it.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 8:43 pm 

a genius wrote:

Nothing is just for its target audience anymore. Everything is for everyone, whether we want it or not, and those liberal norms apply anywhere. It's not where he said it, it's that he said it at all.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 8:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
Curious Hair wrote:
a genius wrote:

Nothing is just for its target audience anymore. Everything is for everyone, whether we want it or not, and those liberal norms apply anywhere. It's not where he said it, it's that he said it at all.

You think this is brilliant analysis.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 8:54 pm 

Nas wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I am disappointed in you in that you don’t believe someone is allowed to have the privilege in this country to have the opportunity to make that speech or one that is completely opposite. It seems we are becoming a country that you are only allowed to say what you believe, that is some kind of bullshit and I ain’t buying it.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 9:52 pm 
100000 CLUB

Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I am disappointed in you in that you don’t believe someone is allowed to have the privilege in this country to have the opportunity to make that speech or one that is completely opposite. It seems we are becoming a country that you are only allowed to say what you believe, that is some kind of bullshit and I ain’t buying it.

What the fuck are you talking about? Put away your victim flag for a moment and highlight where I said Butker wasn't allowed to have that unoriginal view. You won't find it.

In my world, he's allowed to talk like it's 1956, the tuition paying parents are allowed to give him a standing ovation, I'm allowed to criticize both, and you're allowed to buy Butker jerseys for your entire family if you desire.

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
Franky T wrote:

What the fuck are you talking about? Put away your victim flag for a moment and highlight where I said Butker wasn't allowed to have that unoriginal view. You won't find it.

In my world, he's allowed to talk like it's 1956, the tuition paying parents are allowed to give him a standing ovation, I'm allowed to criticize both, and you're allowed to buy Butker jerseys for your entire family if you desire.

It’s an uphill fight being so reasonable but I appreciate your effort. Fight the good fight.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2024 10:06 pm 

Nas wrote:
Hawg Ass wrote:
Nas wrote:
Franky T wrote:

I don’t wear jerseys.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 8:29 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Spaulding wrote:
Do you believe your job or how you provide for your family is more important than being a good husband or a good father? You can say providing is part of being a good husband or father but is any title or professional accomplishment more important?

Marriage as a vocation is something new within the Catholic Church over the past 100 years or so. It's a surprise to MANY Catholics to hear that.

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 8:50 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Seacrest wrote:
Spaulding wrote:
Do you believe your job or how you provide for your family is more important than being a good husband or a good father? You can say providing is part of being a good husband or father but is any title or professional accomplishment more important?

Marriage as a vocation is something new within the Catholic Church over the past 100 years or so. It's a surprise to MANY Catholics to hear that.

Yes, and prayers for vocations (including marriage) are offered at MANY churches, including mine, at the Prayer of the Faithful.

Quote:
The Second Vatican Council teaches that “all Christians in whatever state or walk of life are called to the fullness of Christian life and to the perfection of charity” (Constitution on the Church, n. 40). The call to marriage is a particular way of living the universal call to holiness given to every Christian in the Sacrament of Baptism. The calls to priesthood, or to the vowed religious life, or to the single life are other Christian vocations. Along with marriage, all of them equally though in different ways, are a response to the Lord who says, “Follow me.”

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2024 9:00 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
a genius wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Spaulding wrote:

Yes, and prayers for vocations (including marriage) are offered at MANY churches, including mine, at the Prayer of the Faithful.

Quote:
The Second Vatican Council teaches that “all Christians in whatever state or walk of life are called to the fullness of Christian life and to the perfection of charity” (Constitution on the Church, n. 40). The call to marriage is a particular way of living the universal call to holiness given to every Christian in the Sacrament of Baptism. The calls to priesthood, or to the vowed religious life, or to the single life are other Christian vocations. Along with marriage, all of them equally though in different ways, are a response to the Lord who says, “Follow me.”

Great point Genius. It wasn't even codeified until the last 60 years or so.

Back to Butker, I found his speech to be unnecessarily critical of Church officials at such a positive occasion.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 313 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next