It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 566 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Vegan said Stafford has been irreproachable this year. Do you feel that way?

On the first page of this thread you said the Rams were the favorite in the NFC, do you still feel that way?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:28 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
FavreFan wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Then he takes a brutal sack to knock them out of FG range :lol:

This is the Stafford I remember. Half of you lost your mind thinking he’s some type of elite guy

Define elite. I don’t think I ever used that term (nor thought it) but he is a top 12 qb imo and a significant improvement over Goff.

According to Tannenbaum’s rankings on ESPN Stafford is 8th. For comparison he has Rodgers, Mahomes and Brady 1-3, Fields 27 and Goff 34.

Is that Mike Tannenbaum, the horrendous GM of the Jets????

I would define elite as exactly what you and others have said, the type of guy that gets the Rams over the hump and winning the SB. And this Rams team currently does not look any different than the Rams of the previous 3-4 years, so I think my take is a lot more accurate so far (not much of a difference between Goff and Stafford) than his (Stafford is the 8th best QB in the NFL - lmfao)

Stafford in 2021
Regular Season
CMP ATT CMP% YDS AVG TD INT LNG RTG
315 468 67.3 3,898 8.3 33 9 79 108.4

Goff in 2020
Regular Season
370 552 67.0 3,952 7.2 20 13 56 50.8

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:31 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

On the first page of this thread you said the Rams were the favorite in the NFC, do you still feel that way?

No I’d currently say Packers, Bucs, Rams, Cardinals. Things change but I don’t think the fact that the Rams have slipped a bit is primarily because of Stafford and I’m fairly certain they wouldn’t be a contender at all with Goff.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:33 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Then he takes a brutal sack to knock them out of FG range :lol:

This is the Stafford I remember. Half of you lost your mind thinking he’s some type of elite guy

Define elite. I don’t think I ever used that term (nor thought it) but he is a top 12 qb imo and a significant improvement over Goff.

According to Tannenbaum’s rankings on ESPN Stafford is 8th. For comparison he has Rodgers, Mahomes and Brady 1-3, Fields 27 and Goff 34.

Is that Mike Tannenbaum, the horrendous GM of the Jets????

I would define elite as exactly what you and others have said, the type of guy that gets the Rams over the hump and winning the SB. And this Rams team currently does not look any different than the Rams of the previous 3-4 years, so I think my take is a lot more accurate so far (not much of a difference between Goff and Stafford) than his (Stafford is the 8th best QB in the NFL - lmfao)

Stafford in 2021
Regular Season
315 468 67.3 3,898 8.3 33 9 79 108.4

Goff in 2020
Regular Season
370 552 67.0 3,952 7.2 20 13 56 50.8

Looks a lot like Goff’s 2018 season.

One difference - Goff has never thrown a pick 6 in 3 consecutive games before in his NFL career. Stafford has this year.

And once again, the team doesn’t look any different at all. Yet again they look like a “contender” that isnt really a contender.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:34 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

No I’d currently say Packers, Bucs, Rams, Cardinals. Things change but I don’t think the fact that the Rams have slipped a bit is primarily because of Stafford and I’m fairly certain they wouldn’t be a contender at all with Goff.

Stafford throwing a pick 6 and generally playing like shit in 3 consecutive losses this year isnt a reason the team slipped? Ok

Im fairly certain they’d be in almost the exact same position currently with Goff. My guy looked good against AZ

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:32 am 

pizza_Place: PizzaHut
Looks like the Rams are headed to the Super Bowl because they traded for an elite QB. Praise Allah!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Malnati's
I've been very fair on Stafford this year and so has zippy. No one has said or implied the guy is at the same level as Brady or Rodgers or anything. All that's been said is that he's an upgrade over Goff. His regular season success isn't unheard of so I don't know why you have to start gotcha posts every time he commits a mistake. The performance has slightly decreased since his elbow injury but still top 8ish. When the season started it was top 5ish. This doesn't mean your thesis (that he's a loser at heart masquerading as a good QB) is incorrect. He can be better than Goff and a postseason choke artist at the same time. To say Goff would have the Rams at 10-4 or whatever they are simply cannot be proved and is a weak argument, and you know that. I don't know why your hatred of Stafford blinds you from the fact that he's still better than Goff.

Kyrie Irving will never win anything as a team's alpha: check
T.rubisky is a bust: check
Ben Simmons is a liability: check
The Fields Cult is dumb: double check

2013 CSFMB ROY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:37 pm 

veganfan21 wrote:
I've been very fair on Stafford this year and so has zippy. No one has said or implied the guy is at the same level as Brady or Rodgers or anything. All that's been said is that he's an upgrade over Goff. His regular season success isn't unheard of so I don't know why you have to start gotcha posts every time he commits a mistake. The performance has slightly decreased since his elbow injury but still top 8ish. When the season started it was top 5ish. This doesn't mean your thesis (that he's a loser at heart masquerading as a good QB) is incorrect. He can be better than Goff and a postseason choke artist at the same time. To say Goff would have the Rams at 10-4 or whatever they are simply cannot be proved and is a weak argument, and you know that. I don't know why your hatred of Stafford blinds you from the fact that he's still better than Goff.

You haven’t been fair on Stafford. What you’ve done is backtracked after his hot start.

I never said he wasn’t better than Goff. He is. I’ve said the difference between them is marginal at best and this season seems to support that. You and others on here were absolutely saying he was a difference making QB and he’s simply not.

Matt Stafford has been in the league 12 years and has made 3 playoff games. Total. So I don’t consider him a playoff choker either, he doesn’t get there nearly enough to qualify. Now that he’s on a team Goff took to the playoffs every year since his rookie year it looks like he’ll get to play in his 4th playoff game finally. Will likely have to wait til next year for his 5th.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:44 pm 

Would also just add that I have zero hatred for Stafford. Seems like a fine guy. I’ve just been more correct on who he is as a player than anyone else here and since we all watched this guy in our own division for a decade I shouldn’t have to remind you that he’s a guy who’s going to kill his team with backbreaking interceptions every year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:08 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
veganfan21 wrote:

You haven’t been fair on Stafford. What you’ve done is backtracked after his hot start.

I never said he wasn’t better than Goff. He is. I’ve said the difference between them is marginal at best and this season seems to support that. You and others on here were absolutely saying he was a difference making QB and he’s simply not.

Matt Stafford has been in the league 12 years and has made 3 playoff games. Total. So I don’t consider him a playoff choker either, he doesn’t get there nearly enough to qualify. Now that he’s on a team Goff took to the playoffs every year since his rookie year it looks like he’ll get to play in his 4th playoff game finally. Will likely have to wait til next year for his 5th.

The difference isn’t marginal. Stafford is top 1/3rd in the league and Goff is bottom 1/3rd. I really don’t think that’s a controversial statement. Basing the comparison on the teams record is like saying the difference between Matt Cassel and Tom Brady is marginal in 2008.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:12 pm 

Really? Cuz Brady won 3 SBs and made the playoffs almost every year and Cassell didnt even make the playoffs his lone season there.

I’ll put this another way. You said he was a difference making QB and the Rams would win the NFC. I said the Rams wouldn’t be materially better with him. Who seems most correct right now? Will also be happy to revisit this question in January.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:24 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Really? Cuz Brady won 3 SBs and made the playoffs almost every year and Cassell didnt even make the playoffs his lone season there.

I’ll put this another way. You said he was a difference making QB and the Rams would win the NFC. I said the Rams wouldn’t be materially better with him. Who seems most correct right now? Will also be happy to revisit this question in January.

If we’re just changing the question I’d like to focus on whether Stafford is only marginally better than Goff - purely based on their individual performances.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:34 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

If we’re just changing the question I’d like to focus on whether Stafford is only marginally better than Goff - purely based on their individual performances.

Not changing anything. The original argument started over you, vegan, and others saying Stafford was going to change the Rams and make them the NFC favorites. I mocked that. Thats still the only question.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:59 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Stafford throwing a pick 6 and generally playing like shit in 3 consecutive losses this year isnt a reason the team slipped? Ok

Did you forget to respond to this Zippy?

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:10 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Rams a SB contender ▪︎
Stafford a MVP contender■
Goff with 2 motherfucking wins ■
Farvefan with his head in the sand like an ostrich■

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:12 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

no it just didn’t seem worth responding to. Teams lose games for many reasons and sometimes good players have bad games. I don’t really view a pick 6 much differently than any other interception btw. I didn’t see them happen so I have no idea if they were bad passes, tipped by the receiver or another factor. Fun stat though.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:17 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

no it just didn’t seem worth responding to. Teams lose games for many reasons and sometimes good players have bad games. I don’t really view a pick 6 much differently than any other interception btw. I didn’t see them happen so I have no idea if they were bad passes, tipped by the receiver or another factor. Fun stat though.

Yeah.. hes tied with Brees..if he has 5 more he can catch Marino and Peyton manning.. smh

FF = dunce

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:29 pm 

312player wrote:
Rams a SB contender ▪︎
Stafford a MVP contender■
Goff with 2 motherfucking wins ■
Farvefan with his head in the sand like an ostrich■

Rams a SB contender? :lol: No
Stafford an MVP contender? :lol: No
Goff and Stafford’s teams both in the exact same position they were last year? Yes
FavreFan being right about all of the above since preseason? Yes

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:33 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

The Rams titans game was a primetime game… Would’ve thought you would’ve caught that and that and the GB game at least.

Fwiw, maybe Goff is the 25th best QB and Stafford is the 12th best, idk how to exactly rank them. Would take some time to think about. What I do know is that there are maybe 6-7 QBs in the NFL who are difference making QBs for franchises and Stafford after a dozen years has proven without a doubt he’s not one of them. That’s why I’m very confident I won’t be proven wrong on this, and I think even you have to acknowledge so far I haven’t been. The playoffs will be what determines it.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:35 pm 

312player wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Yeah.. hes tied with Brees..if he has 5 more he can catch Marino and Peyton manning.. smh

FF = dunce

You can call me a dunce for a lot of reasons. I’m far from the smartest guy. But you just look silly saying this in a thread where everything ive said has been right so far and everything you’ve said has been wrong so far :lol:

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:20 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
if the Rams stay healthy, they're going to the SB.

I've rode Stafford all season on both my fantasy teams, and I'm going to win both leagues. Bring it home, Matty Statty.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:39 am 

City of Fools wrote:
if the Rams stay healthy, they're going to the SB.

I've rode Stafford all season on both my fantasy teams, and I'm going to win both leagues. Bring it home, Matty Statty.

They’ve been to the SB with Goff.

Need to predict them to win it for me to consider you a Stafford backer

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:29 pm 

That is really dumb FF, is Trent Dilfer a better QB than Lamar Jackson?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:32 pm 

312player wrote:
That is really dumb FF, is Trent Dilfer a better QB than Lamar Jackson?

Really dumb? I've been right so far and you have been wrong so far. You can at least admit it.

Your question is silly and has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:26 am 

pizza_Place: What??
This thread kinda makes me root for Stafford. I mean, they're 10-4 in the toughest division in football, right?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 1:47 am 

Its easy to root for Stafford. Hes a tough fuckin player.

So was Cutler

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:39 am 

Youngest qb ever to hit 50k yards

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:42 am 

Youngest QB to ever hit 25k garbage time yards

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:51 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Its easy to root for Stafford. Hes a tough fuckin player.

So was Cutler

Cutler was soft

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2021 12:07 pm 

Nah

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 566 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next