It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 12:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cancellation updates
PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Nas wrote:
This Ends in Antioch wrote:
Nas wrote:
It took our country hundreds of years and becoming a world leader to moderate a few things. Some European Americans struggle with the reality that their views may be minority views in some corners of the world. Different isn't always evil or bad. The Saudis were right not to allow females to drive, but Captain Kirk America strongly "encouraged" them to put females behind the wheel of a car.

That’s not the struggle.

The struggle is why others don’t look around and realize who’s right.

What's right? That's the arrogance of someone who is accustomed to having a majority view. All of our views are shaped by the country and environment we were raised in. Similar to raising children, what's right is purely subjective.

What majority view? You’re simultaneously projecting and straw-manning, which is tough to pull off.

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:46 am 

Can we at least all agree that fasting from sunrise to sunset is probably not required for a good afterlife?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:50 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Brick wrote:
Can we at least all agree that fasting from sunrise to sunset is probably not required for a good afterlife?

I'm sorry you're fat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:51 am 

Brick wrote:

Well, you won’t be eating in the afterlife. It’s a trial run.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:56 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
It took our country hundreds of years and becoming a world leader to moderate a few things. Some European Americans struggle with the reality that their views may be minority views in some corners of the world. Different isn't always evil or bad. The Saudis were right not to allow females to drive, but Captain Kirk America strongly "encouraged" them to put females behind the wheel of a car.

That’s not the struggle.

What's right? That's the arrogance of someone who is accustomed to having a majority view. All of our views are shaped by the country and environment we were raised in. Similar to raising children, what's right is purely subjective.

What majority view? You’re simultaneously projecting and straw-manning, which is tough to pull off.

Are you following the argument or just interjecting for sport? We're discusing American/Western/Christian life being superior to life in a Muslim majority country, which is considered evil.

Feel free to address why you think your view is objectively right.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
All cultures aren't equal. Treating them as if they are is why the West is crumbling.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
All cultures aren't equal. Treating them as if they are is why the West is crumbling.

America is the greatest nation in the history of the world because she embraced ALL cultures. Your preferences are entirely subjective.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:19 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

America is the greatest nation in the history of the world because she embraced ALL cultures. Your preferences are entirely subjective.

False. America became the greatest nation in the world because it invited people from all over to embrace its culture.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

False. America became the greatest nation in the world because it invited people from all over to embrace its culture.

It's a culture gumbo. It's the best. The only thing America requires is that you embrace America and help her maintain her supreme status. If you want to have various parades, fly flags from other countries, be an atheist, or even a Muslim, she's cool with it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:49 pm 

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

That’s not the struggle.

Are you following the argument or just interjecting for sport? We're discusing American/Western/Christian life being superior to life in a Muslim majority country, which is considered evil.

I’d like to understand what you’re claiming is the majority view that I’m are arrogantly supporting.

I don’t know that there’s been much arguing here. I’ve seen some “both sides” commentary and a lot of insults, but the closest thing I’ve seen to a defense of Islamic governance is saying that Christians have it good in Egypt.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:55 pm 
Site Admin

Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

It's a culture gumbo. It's the best. The only thing America requires is that you embrace America and help her maintain her supreme status. If you want to have various parades, fly flags from other countries, be an atheist, or even a Muslim, she's cool with it.

What does "embracing America" mean though? Does it mean learning English? Or is a national language insignificant? We can't even agree on what our holidays are. We're arguing about Easter and Transgender Visibility Day and Columbus Day and Indigenous Peoples Day.

I get that people like America. Because they'll have a higher standard of living if they can just manage to get here. Is America a nation or just an economic opportunity zone?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:
Nas wrote:

That’s not the struggle.

I’d like to understand what you’re claiming is the majority view that I’m are arrogantly supporting.

I don’t know that there’s been much arguing here. I’ve seen some “both sides” commentary and a lot of insults, but the closest thing I’ve seen to a defense of Islamic governance is saying that Christians have it good in Egypt.

How about you answer the outstanding question before asking me to answer another question?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

What does "embracing America" mean though? Does it mean learning English? Or is a national language insignificant? We can't even agree on what our holidays are. We're arguing about Easter and Transgender Visibility Day and Columbus Day and Indigenous Peoples Day.

I get that people like America. Because they'll have a higher standard of living if they can just manage to get here. Is America a nation or just an economic opportunity zone?

Being loyal to our country. You're highlighting something that makes America great on National Burrito Day. Let that get your CFMB juices flowing. There's something for everyone.

The American balcks are the only people who didn't migrate here for a better opportunity.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The U.S. system of government and economy is the best the world has ever seen. But we cannot and should not project that onto other societies. They have their own crack at self determination.

When four percent of the world’s population produces about 20% of world GDP, you know we have it right. That being said, we are far from perfect and showing initial signs of decline of empire- foreign wars and unsustainable debt. Plenty of time to fix what ails us.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:36 pm 

pizza_Place: My own
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Nas wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Being loyal to our country. You're highlighting something that makes America great on National Burrito Day. Let that get your CFMB juices flowing. There's something for everyone.

The American balcks are the only people who didn't migrate here for a better opportunity.

American blacks should be just as outraged as anyone else regarding what is happening to Western civilization.

And they are. More and more realize every day how Leftists globalist policies have worked against them. And continue to do so.

It's good to see them pushing back.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:46 pm 

Nas wrote:
How about you answer the outstanding question before asking me to answer another question?

Which question? Why western civ is superior to the alternatives?

I’d go back to the value placed on the individual, which was the start of this conversation. Whether you want to describe that to Christianity itself or it’s just a function of western civ’s Christian roots, I’m fine either way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:50 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nas wrote:

I’d go back to the value placed on the individual, which was the start of this conversation. Whether you want to describe that to Christianity itself or it’s just a function of western civ’s Christian roots, I’m fine either way.

Well said.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:04 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:

Well said.

I guess I am pleasantly surprised that you two agree that someone who is gay, does not believe in God, or wants an abortion, or identifies as a different gender is valued because we all respect the choices of individuals. This is a breakthrough.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
denisdman wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:

Well said.

I guess I am pleasantly surprised that you two agree that someone who is gay, does not believe in God, or wants an abortion, or identifies as a different gender is valued because we all respect the choices of individuals. This is a breakthrough.

Western Civilization values the rights of all individuals.

The only problem is that its definition of an individual often doesn't apply to all individuals.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:09 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:

Well said.

The only problem is that its definition of an individual often doesn't apply to all individuals.

Bingo. Only if you think like “us”.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:09 pm 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:

Well said.

Are you unable to respect the individual dignity of those you disagree with deni$?

Or are you really trying to say that we should respect all the choices that other people make?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:11 pm 

Live and let live. I respect all legal choices of people.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:11 pm 
Site Admin

Tall Midget wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:

Well said.

It's indisputable that this has not always been practiced.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:13 pm 
Site Admin

denisdman wrote:

I know you believe that you do.

Try that in MANY Middle Eastern countries.

Which was the point of my question in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:15 pm 

Brick wrote:

self discipline is a virtue that is valuable in every life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:17 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:

Well said.

If the point is that a manmade system isn’t perfect, ok. Sure.

But an individual-centric model can be improved upon - and generally is improved upon - in ways the collective approach can’t & never will be. The western civ framework can more easily, say, justify infighting to end slavery, while collective models negotiate over which outgroups to punish.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:21 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
denisdman wrote:

I know you believe that you do.

Try that in MANY Middle Eastern countries.

Which was the point of my question in the first place.

Oh I wholly agree. And that is why I said earlier that our system is superior to all others. But when folks come here from those countries, they get afforded the same rights and privileges as us. Feel free to pray to Allah. I don’t care.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:27 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Tall Midget wrote:
denisdman wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Nas wrote:

Well said.

If the point is that a manmade system isn’t perfect, ok. Sure.

But an individual-centric model can be improved upon - and generally is improved upon - in ways the collective approach can’t & never will be. The western civ framework can more easily, say, justify infighting to end slavery, while collective models negotiate over which outgroups to punish.

Identity politics is hegemonic within Western Civilization and directly contradicts your assertions.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:29 pm 
100000 CLUB

Nas wrote:

I’d go back to the value placed on the individual, which was the start of this conversation
. Whether you want to describe that to Christianity itself or it’s just a function of western civ’s Christian roots, I’m fine either way.

Is that where we started the conversation? What does this mean? How do you know Muslim countries aren't doing the same? Why is your/our way of life objectively better?

I'm a believer in the American idea. There's no place I'd rather be. I'm also a Christian. It was forced on me, but I would like to believe it is my choice now. I think Scottish whiskey is the best alcohol. I think Chicago is the best city on the planet, and I'll die being a fanatic of Chicago teams. We're all inherently tribalistic. We're going to defend our preferences in passionate ways. I don't think this is problematic MOST of the time. It can even be a fun exercise.

I don't personally know you. I don't believe I've crossed paths with you at any point in my life. If I shit on you as a man because of your faith, where you live, the country you may have migrated from, or your skin pigment, it would make me an absolutely ignorant man. That's what a lot of us do. It's not enough for us to celebrate our preferences; we must denigrate the preferences or appearances of others. Some people have never touched a Koran, been inside a Mosque, visited a predominantly Muslim country, or interacted with Muslims, but they can tell you why they're dogs or their way of life is the worst. This type of ignorance moves tribalism to a potentially dangerous place.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:32 pm 

Anyone who wants to sign up for the value of the individual over government, us libertarians are ready to embrace you. But be warned, you have to respect the preferences of others.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 51  Next