It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lino's
Find the Bears give and take interesting with informed and differing perspectives, enjoy that section of the sandbox the best.

Find the politics sections the place where incredibly stereotypical thoughts go to die, where tons of innocent bandwidth are murdered every hour, it's the area of the sandbox where you may run into an occasional offering a cat has buried in the sand.

Station specific posts have devolved into yearning for what was and will never be again.

Have gained useful feedback here about Vegas, betting, etc. in the GD section, so overall a net positive.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:15 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Bring back Tom Shaer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
Clawmaster wrote:
Find the Bears give and take interesting with informed and differing perspectives, enjoy that section of the sandbox the best.

Find the politics sections the place where incredibly stereotypical thoughts go to die, where tons of innocent bandwidth are murdered every hour, it's the area of the sandbox where you may run into an occasional offering a cat has buried in the sand.

Station specific posts have devolved into yearning for what was and will never be again.

Have gained useful feedback here about Vegas, betting, etc. in the GD section, so overall a net positive.

I rarely look at the sections unless I am starting a thread. I just click "active topics." Most threads I never open. I never go to the politics section which does not show up, thankfully, in the active topics list of threads.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:17 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
The sports sections are mostly good. Everything else I can live without.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:55 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
Pretty much agree. I do appreciate the various perspectives on the Bears. I also enjoy the wagering, rec room, and the RIP sections. Even Books section can be good from time to time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:19 pm 

pizza_Place: What??

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:24 am 

Nardi wrote:

Never saw Nardi as a small hands dude wearing tons of wristband bracelets...always think of him as a tougher mature Arthur Fonzerelli type.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:49 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
The politics section can be an interesting read, just because people come up with takes that you've never considered. However, why anyone would want to get into a back and forth "political" debate that's really nothing more than a trading of personal insults is beyond me. You're never going to convince the other guy you're right, and when the thread turns into LTG and JLN calling each other stupid, everyone else stops paying attention.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:43 am 

pizza_Place: What??
Clawmaster wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Never saw Nardi as a small hands dude wearing tons of wristband bracelets...always think of him as a tougher mature Arthur Fonzerelli type.

And here I was thinking it was Noisewater.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:45 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
Warren Newson wrote:
The politics section can be an interesting read, just because people come up with takes that you've never considered. However, why anyone would want to get into a back and forth "political" debate that's really nothing more than a trading of personal insults is beyond me. You're never going to convince the other guy you're right, and when the thread turns into LTG and JLN calling each other stupid, everyone else stops paying attention.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:48 am 

Warren Newson wrote:

Yup, and no hard everyone else tries to keep the car on the road it's gonna eventually get driven to the same place.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:51 am 

like Mike Damone in Fast Times at Ridgemont High, whatever section I'm in is the place to be

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Eduardo's
Covid is pretty boring at this point and so is the politics section in general. It's mostly just Right Wing types that happen to agree with other right wingers all of the time. No one cares for the most part about all of the backslapping and glad handing that goes on in that section other than the 3 to 4 guys that frequently agree with one another on everything. Most of the people that used to have opposing views have either A. stopped posting in it altogether or B. "Left" the board completely.

I talk a little shit in it but honestly I don't much care about the "thoughts" that are found in that particular section. After awhile all of the groupthink and echo chambering gets tuned out. I barely read any of those posts anymore.

As far as sports threads go I love basketball and have enjoyed the Bulls banter,, couldn't give a shit about football these days and decided not to post much in the baseball section awhile ago.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Again, your comprehension needs work.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:47 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
The Missing Link wrote:
Covid is pretty boring at this point and so is the politics section in general. It's mostly just Right Wing types that happen to agree with other right wingers all of the time. No one cares for the most part about all of the backslapping and glad handing that goes on in that section other than the 3 to 4 guys that frequently agree with one another on everything. Most of the people that used to have opposing views have either A. stopped posting in it altogether or B. "Left" the board completely.

I talk a little shit in it but honestly I don't much care about the "thoughts" that are found in that particular section. After awhile all of the groupthink and echo chambering gets tuned out. I barely read any of those posts anymore.

As far as sports threads go I love basketball and have enjoyed the Bulls banter,, couldn't give a shit about football these days and decided not to post much in the baseball section awhile ago.

You're right about the left leaning posters basically abandoning the politics section. They provided a much needed counterbalance over there.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:45 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
The most boring thing on the board is The Missing Link going back and forth with whoever is dumb enough to dance with him at any given moment.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:07 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The most boring thing on the board is The Missing Link going back and forth with whoever is dumb enough to dance with him at any given moment.

Jorr everyone that interacts with you for any stretch of time has either A. Left this board or B. Stopped posting in that particular section altogether. You are just that "toxic" of a poster and "headmaster". After all of the idiotic thoughts, lying, and weirdo hanger on types people simply have enough and bounce. Your "thoughts" are redundant, repetitive, predictable as shit and frankly "boring as hell". If you were to take a head count (and be brutally honest for once about it) it wouldn't take long to decipher the ones who have remained and the ones that have exited. Nor will take long to figure out why either.
The people who were part of the exodus are those that have disagreed with you and your "minions" around here. Not me. Read the tea leaves for once and do an "honest" assessment. You are the "Grand Poobah" over a site that is essentially an echo chamber for right wing thoughts and Lunacy for the most part. You run a site that has a steady stream of right wing weirdos and guard dogs who are always ready, willing, and able to do the bidding of you and your "minions" at a moment's notice no matter how "despicable" they and their "thoughts" might be.

As much as you and that bevy of clowns whose thoughts often parrot yours would like to scapegoat me, it's clear where the "problem" happens to lie around here. Guys who interact and disagree with you and your band of misfits for any length of time either stop posting in the section or stop posting on this board altogether. That isn't an accident and scapegoating guys like me all the time does absolutely nothing to change that particular fact.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last edited by The Missing Link on Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:10 am 

Least interesting section: NBA
Most interesting section: Every section, including the Mike and Mike section, that isn't the NBA.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:20 am 
Site Admin

The Missing Link wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Jorr everyone that interacts with you for any stretch of time has either A. Left this board or B. Stopped posting in that particular section altogether. You are just that "toxic" of a poster and "headmaster". After all of the idiotic thoughts, lying, and weirdo hanger on types people simply have enough and bounce. Your "thoughts" are redundant, repetitive, predictable as shit and frankly "boring as hell". If you were to take a head count (and be brutally honest for once about it) it wouldn't take long to decipher the ones who have remained and the ones that have exited. Nor will take long to figure out why either.
The people who were part of the exodus are those that have disagreed with you and your "minions" around here. Not me. Read the tea leaves for once and do an "honest" assessment. You are the "Grand Poobah" over a site that is essentially an echo chamber for right wing thoughts and Lunacy for the most part. You run a site that has a steady stream of right wing weirdos and guard dogs who are always ready, willing, and able to do the bidding of you and your "minions" at a moment's notice no matter how "despicable" they and their "thoughts" might be.

As much as you and that bevy of clowns whose thoughts often parrot yours would like to scapegoat me, it's clear where the "problem" happens to lie around here. Guys who interact and disagree with you and your band of misfits for any length of time either stop posting in the section or stop posting on this board altogether. That isn't an accident and scapegoating guys like me all the time does absolutely nothing to change that particular fact.

You're a bully who is frustrated that your bullying doesn't work. Period.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:30 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Nah I'm just a guy that can't be bullied actually and it frustrates the group of idiots that stupidly believe that I can but that's their problem. Not mine. None of that bullshit internet stuff works and it frutrates the hell out of some people here but to that I say so what? Hopefully they will be aight.

To get back on to the topic do you really believe that your incessant cries about "DRUMPF Being Wronged regardless of the situation, Hillary ruling the roost politically a full 6 years after she has "left the stage", frequent lies about Covid, and knee jerk support of weirdos like Cheap Charlie and Twitter Feed to name but a few, actually happens to be moving the needle around here? If you do then you're a fool. If I were to provide a rundown of all of the people who have vacated and where they "lean" politically it would make your head spin.
You don't have to "own" any of it. As the Late, Great Chet Coppock used to say "your dime and your dancefloor" thus you can run this joint however you want to run it. But if you think you are going to "attract" new people or retain others by agreeing with the latest copy and paste job from Cheap Charlie or Twitter Feed, then you're sadly mistaken.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:39 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Abortion of the English language remains legal here. Good lord.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=127869&hilit=quotation+marks

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:50 am 

WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

When characterizing the likes of a Twitter Feed, the first thing that immediately comes to mind is "literary giant" :lol: :lol:
This is a childish premise, using imprecise and immature language. Mastermind sounds like a term used on an animation series. I'm sure it will be refuted with a dictionary definition of mastermind now.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:15 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

That this actually had to be explained "speaks volumes" to be honest. And considering the "literary giants" in question, why should it have to be when you get right down to it. As once stated, they have the intuitive capabilities of a thumb tack

https://www.sussex.ac.uk/informatics/pu ... otes/scare

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:30 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:
No one cares for the most part about all of the backslapping and glad handing that goes on in that section

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:32 pm 

The Missing Link wrote:

Those people that left were not kicked out. They are more than welcome to post.

As far as groupthink, this is chicken shit. The real groupthink is the far-left mass/mainstream media that tries to brainwash people and discourages independent thought. For example, it's sick how the left STILL wants to focus on a past President instead of the huge problems and embarrassments of the current administration. That, to me, is a shit media.

What we have here is not an echo chamber, but a fuckin refuge of great independent thought.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:16 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

But he's right. Ask Dolphin or the multitudes that have left in last three years.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:40 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

But he's right. Ask Dolphin or the multitudes that have left in last three years.

dolphin is free to speak for himself.

And now that this post has been quoted, so is JORR.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:58 pm 

Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

And so is his concubine ruffcorn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:32 pm 
Site Admin

Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'm gonna say more people have left because of LTG and Reader, but what do I know? In any case, I'll stack my honor up against anyone here. Just for example, I've never started an exclusive though CFMB related group to snark at those excluded.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:57 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
The Missing Link wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I'm gonna say more people have left because of LTG and Reader, but what do I know? In any case, I'll stack my honor up against anyone here. Just for example, I've never started an exclusive though CFMB related group to snark at those excluded.

No just enabled a few right wing nuts and racists. Congrats.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
Regular Reader wrote:
No just enabled a few right wing nuts and racists. Congrats.

He enables the few left wing nuts and racists too. He's a total dick! Congrats!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next