It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Cool, maybe Trae Young can be the next Ramon Sessions. I'll give him that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Ramon Sessions never averaged more than 15.8ppg in a season.

Career scoring avg of 10ppg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramon_Sessions

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
ho hum, another day and another great game for Trae. Was shooting like crap all night, but then exploded for 17 points in the 4th while leading his team to the win.

Finished with 27 points (9/21), 8 assists and 7 boards.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:01 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
It's good to see you hopped off the Lonzo loser train on onto the Young Express.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:57 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
shakes wrote:
ho hum, another day and another great game for Trae. Was shooting like crap all night, but then exploded for 17 points in the 4th while leading his team to the win.

No one is a bigger fan of Young than John Collins. Not even you.

Trae is consistently in the minus column. Even in wins. Can you explain to me how a guy gets 27 pts and 8 assists in a 6 pt win and end up with a -3?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:03 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:07 pm 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:

Trae is consistently in the minus column. Even in wins. Can you explain to me how a guy gets 27 pts and 8 assists in a 6 pt win and end up with a -3?

plus minus is a dumb stat in basketball and hockey. Too much of a team stat, not an individual stat.

JC is not a bigger Trae fan than me, but he's definitely on the same tier.

You watch the game last night? Trae showed a lot last night, shooting like crap for 3 quarters (pretty sure I counted 5 airballs) and still having the moxy to shoot confidently in the 4th and also get results. Absolutely took over the game in winning time.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:17 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:

plus minus is a dumb stat in basketball and hockey. Too much of a team stat, not an individual stat.

You watch the game last night? Trae showed a lot last night, shooting like crap for 3 quarters (pretty sure I counted 5 airballs) and still having the moxy to shoot confidently in the 4th and also get results. Absolutely took over the game in winning time.

Wouldn’t be necessary if he wasn’t chucking air balls for 3 quarters. Sounds like you are a fan of hero ball.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:51 am 

shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:

The question still stands. One fucking guy accounted for 43 pts in a win. Dumb stat or not, it's virtually impossible for anybody to put up a -3. Trae managed to do it. Check this out for the answer

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/ ... position/1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:45 am 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:

The question still stands. One fucking guy accounted for 43 pts in a win. Dumb stat or not, it's virtually impossible for anybody to put up a -3. Trae managed to do it. Check this out for the answer

I think you are agreeing with me that it's a pointless stat. Like you said, should be impossible to be -3 in that situation. Makes me question the validity of the stat. Probably why MANY people disregard +/- as a way of judging players.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:47 am 

312player wrote:
It's good to see you hopped off the Lonzo loser train on onto the Young Express.

nope, train is in the station waiting for Lonzo to recover from his ankle injury. Hopefully when that happens he'll be on the Suns.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:50 am 

shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:

I think you are agreeing with me that it's a pointless stat. Like you said, should be impossible to be -3 in that situation. Makes me question the validity of the stat. Probably why MANY people disregard +/- as a way of judging players.

REAL plus/minus is a legit stat. Along with the other metrics in Trae's line. The answer to the -3 is unquestionably there. I like him as much as the next guy but don't kid yourself what he is. A 19 yr old puppy who's never been coached up until now, in a big boy league. He is SO lucky to be on a team with no pressure and and an up and coming coach who handles him perfectly. Shout out to LTG for calling him a bust when I just casually figured Young was a steal at #5. Turns out, he's probably neither. But he is fun and seems like a top notch kid.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:48 pm 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:

REAL plus/minus is a legit stat. Along with the other metrics in Trae's line. The answer to the -3 is unquestionably there. I like him as much as the next guy but don't kid yourself what he is. A 19 yr old puppy who's never been coached up until now, in a big boy league. He is SO lucky to be on a team with no pressure and and an up and coming coach who handles him perfectly. Shout out to LTG for calling him a bust when I just casually figured Young was a steal at #5. Turns out, he's probably neither. But he is fun and seems like a top notch kid.

I don't understand what you're saying lately on Trae. You think he's good, but then you also don't think he's good. Pick a lane dude. You were with me on the bandwagon earlier in the season, but now that he's playing his best ball of the year you seem to want to hedge your bet. Very odd time to go that way.

He's going to be the runner up for ROY as the #5 pick. May not qualify for steal status (is it even possible to be a top 5 pick and a steal?), but it's definitely in the running for one of the better picks in the draft. His teammate Huerter might have steal status already locked up anyway, at least in terms of guys picked in round 1.

And the way he's playing now, it's starting to be debatable if Luka is better than Trae + whoever they get in the lotto with Dallas pick this year. That wasn't the case a couple months ago.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:53 pm 

Revoke this man's basketball viewing privileges ASAP. No sane person thinks that Young + a mid 1st round pick in 2019 is a better option than Luka :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:24 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Revoke this man's basketball viewing privileges ASAP. No sane person thinks that Young + a mid 1st round pick in 2019 is a better option than Luka :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: as if you've even watched Luka play this year. Or Trae for that matter.

And dumbass, it's going to be a lottery pick, most likely right around #10. Learn how to read.

Luka definitely better than Trae, but the way Trae is coming on it's definitely up in the air who won the trade.

I guarantee you've spent more time posting in the NBA section than you've spent watching actual NBA games this year. You're nothing but a loser who craves attention from strangers on a message board. Pathetic and SAD.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:26 pm 

Right now it's 10 in a shit ass draft outside of the top 2.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:31 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Right now it's 10 in a shit ass draft outside of the top 2.

so in other words, not a mid first round pick. Mid to late lottery pick is how non morons would describe that.

Yes, draft appears weak. That's why I qualified it by saying it depends on who they select. Also lets keep in mind that the Atlanta front office has done an amazing job drafting in the past 2 drafts. They landed the absolute steal of the draft in 2017 when they got John Collins at #19 and this year they ended up with Trae who will be ROY runner up despite being picked #5 as well as Kevin Huerter who looks to be the absolute steal of the first round when they got him MID ROUND at #17. I'll take my chances with ATL front office making draft picks, even in what looks to be a weak draft.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:12 am 

Bagley will have a better career than Young, no doubt in my mind.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:03 am 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:

Yeah your assessment of him has been as close to spot on as anyone's. He is playing better than I expected but there still nothing to suggest that he is or will be elite. With his deficiencies defensively he'd have to be extremely special offensively in order to compensate. His passing is much better than I thought but he is still a below average shooter. He loads up on 2nd and third tier level guards. I think that is one of reasons that the coach subs him early in games. He likes to have him matchup against backups and mediocre starting guards.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:14 am 

Didn't shoot well last night 2/13 for 10 pts), but helped his team get the W with 10 assists and only 1 turnover.

Ended up being a really good 7 game road trip for the young Hawks.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:15 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Didn't shoot well. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:28 am 

Hatchetman wrote:

why's that so funny?

Guys (even non rookies) have off shooting nights. Trae had one last night and despite that managed to find other ways to help his team win.

You think 10 assists to 1 turnover is funny as well?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Look I like the guy but 2/13 is a horrific night, not "didn't shoot well."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:20 am 

Hatchetman wrote:
Look I like the guy but 2/13 is a horrific night, not "didn't shoot well."

Got it, you find semantics funny.

2/13 is pretty typical bad shooting night for an NBA player. Lots of good players have games like that. Horrific would be more along the lines of James Harden missing 16 3s in a game.

Look at everyone's golden boy, D. Fox. In the month of January alone he posted five sub 40% shooting games:
4/14 (6 assists)
4/13 (10a)
3/11 (9a)
3/12 (7a)
6/19 (2a)

By comparison, Trae had 4 sub 40% games in January:
1/12 (12 assists)
6/17 (6a)
3/9 (10a)
2/8 (9a)

Trae had less "horrific" games than Fox in January and in those games Trae averaged less shots taken and more assists dished out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:27 am 

List turnovers, rebounds, steals. Fox plays D btw

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:36 am 

312player wrote:
List turnovers, rebounds, steals. Fox plays D btw

one is also a 2nd year player and the other is a rookie.

How does Trae's rookie year compare to Fox's rookie year?

I think we all know the answer to that.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:55 am 

Better off comparing the other 2 rookie PGs that many rated higher than Young. Sexton and the kid on the Clippers. Young has blown them away. It's not even close. But then, Pierce blows away those 2 coaches too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
He’s not everybody’s golden boy.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:04 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Better off comparing the other 2 rookie PGs that many rated higher than Young. Sexton and the kid on the Clippers. Young has blown them away. It's not even close. But then, Pierce blows away those 2 coaches too.

He is in a better situation than the kid from the Clippers. The Clippers aren't putting the ball in G-A's hands like Atlanta is doing with Young. They are a better team than Atlanta. He will be allowed to play through his mistakes and chuck 14-17 times a game and not be called on it. That is why his numbers (which aren't all that spectacular) are meaningless. Atlanta gets blown out a lot. He looks better than the kid in Cleveland but I think G-A will turn out to be the better pro in the long run.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:09 pm 

Hatchetman wrote:

That whole shooting thing is kinda big deal in today's NBA, especially for a guard.
:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 19  Next