It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!

and shot over 50% in the process. Superstar in the making, 2 out of last 3 games over 30 pts.

Last edited by shakes on Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:30 am 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:15 am 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:59 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
shakes wrote:

Bust

I'm out.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 3:49 pm 

Walt Williams Neck wrote:
shakes wrote:

Bust

yep, definitely earning the title of Bust that the idiot who posts here was calling him pre-season.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:52 pm 

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-star-power-index-lebron-james-not-defending-lakers-teammates-or-his-opponents-kyrie-irvings-shift-from-we-to-me/

Great stuff in this star tracker article. Article is about Lebron, Kyrie and Trae. Only Trae is being praised in the article though.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:02 pm 

I'm the first person to go on record comparing Trae to Steph, did it November 2017 when I saw him play in the PK80. Lots of people since have made that comp and lots more have ripped people for making that comp. Starting to look like that comp wasn't too far off.

As I said back then, Trae Young is the closest thing to Steph Curry since Steph Curry. Seems like a very accurate statement now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 6:39 pm 

shakes wrote:
shakes wrote:

Bust

yep, definitely earning the title of Bust that the idiot who posts here was calling him pre-season.

This is for my guy CB. In honor of IMU.

I've been keeping this in a trick bag because I knew this dope would try to pull an aha at some point.

Trae Young off. Rating. 104 Def. Rating 117

Vorp-0.4

Check the advanced rookie numbers for all of the elite points in the league. None of the elite point guards had numbers as bad as this kid's.

He is in the perfect situation to put up numbers.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:29 pm 

Ol Trae has 20 at the half. Looking like I may be conceding defeat on Bust Bookit. If he keeps this up through the end of the season I'm tapping out. Bookit! Still won't put him in that special class but it's going to be impossible to keep arguing whether he is a bust or not. He's been impressive lately.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
long time guy wrote:
Ol Trae has 20 at the half. Looking like I may be conceding defeat on Bust Bookit. If he keeps this up through the end of the season I'm tapping out. Bookit! Still won't put him in that special class but it's going to be impossible to keep arguing whether he is a bust or not. He's been impressive lately.

I haven't seen much of him; who does he remind you of?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Jimmy's Place
Jay Burson

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:45 pm 

FrankDrebin wrote:
long time guy wrote:

I haven't seen much of him; who does he remind you of?

Have to think on it.

Definitely not Steph Curry. Smaller doesn't shoot it as well. More of a point than Steph Curry.

He is an elite passer. Best part of his game.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
long time guy wrote:

For all those who say LTG refuses to admit when he was wrong...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Mahmoud Abdul-Raouf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:43 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
leashyourkids wrote:
Mahmoud Abdul-Raouf

Not bad. It's a hard comp with all the dribbling the kid does. Shoots like a 7th grader cuz he's not strong enough to jump shoot. That actually helps him when he's way out there since the shot gets out of hands quick. He's trying to sort through the basic fundamentals of defense. He might have figured out that he has to hustle to stay between his man and the basket. Early on, once he inevitably lost his man, he just sorta wandered around waiting for the next offensive possession.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:31 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You big boob ……..anyone else says something whether they admitted they were wrong he starts a thread about it. His admission it's dead and gone yours is remember when you said.....

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:13 am 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
long time guy wrote:

You big boob ……..anyone else says something whether they admitted they were wrong he starts a thread about it. His admission it's dead and gone yours is remember when you said.....

Walt I must missed all those times where you said you were wrong about Ben Simmons Minnesota Philly Joel "wasted pick" Embiid etc.

Look it's not my fault that no one values your opinion on here. Stop with the shitty ass trolling all the time and maybe people would. Stop making everything a competition and maybe people would.

I don't really post much in these sections because the shit's tiresome at this point. Find a basketball thought that isn't related to something I have said and quit looking for shitty stupid ass arguments that don't amount to much.

Here a troll, there a troll, everywhere a damn troll all the time. It's boring and I told you a while ago I'm not interested.

If you have things that you know I'm happy for you but I really don't much care at this point. I avoid discussions with you because I have found them to be a waste of time.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:13 am 

long time guy wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
long time guy wrote:

Walt I must missed all those times where you said you were wrong about Ben Simmons Minnesota Philly Joel "wasted pick" Embiid etc.

Look it's not my fault that no one values your opinion on here. Stop with the shitty ass trolling all the time and maybe people would. Stop making everything a competition and maybe people would.

I don't really post much in these sections because the shit's tiresome at this point. Find a basketball thought that isn't related to something I have said and quit looking for shitty stupid ass arguments that don't amount to much.

Here a troll, there a troll, everywhere a damn troll all the time. It's boring and I told you a while ago I'm not interested.

If you have things that you know I'm happy for you but I really don't much care at this point. I avoid discussions with you because I have found them to be a waste of time.

I'm out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:58 am 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:13 am 

starting to think that even I might've underrated Trae a bit coming out of college.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:45 pm 

First rookie since MJ to get 45+ pts and 15+ assists in a game. Finished with 49 and 16 vs the Bulls. Had several game tying or very late go ahead buckets during the 4OT marathon.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
During the draft time I didn’t like him because I said he would have to be exceptional on offense to mitigate how disastrous he would be on defense. Well, it looks like he’s exceptional on offense.

To rock my soul

Last edited by FavreFan on Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 6:57 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
Durant the draft time I didn’t like him because I said he would have to be exceptional on offense to mitigate how disastrous he would be on defense. Well, it looks like he’s exceptional on offense.

He is having a good run of it but if you look at his advanced stats ( the ones you love) they're terrible.

He has stepped it up post all star break but I still don't think he will ever be elite.

Not a bust though. Will take the L on that one. Not elite either.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:01 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Durant the draft time I didn’t like him because I said he would have to be exceptional on offense to mitigate how disastrous he would be on defense. Well, it looks like he’s exceptional on offense.

He is having a good run of it but if you look at his advanced stats ( the ones you love) they're terrible.

He has stepped it up post all star break but I still don't think he will ever be elite.

His advanced stats are mediocre because he’s a disaster on defense. He looks like he is on his way to becoming elite on offense. If that is the case defense doesn’t become a concern until they are competing in the playoffs, which could be as early as next year.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:06 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

His advanced stats are mediocre because he’s a disaster on defense. He looks like he is on his way to becoming elite on offense. If that is the case defense doesn’t become a concern until they are competing in the playoffs, which could be as early as next year.

His overall numbers offensively aren't elite either. He has had a good run of it lately but that may be just all it is. He was terrible offensively earlier in the season too.

If he keeps this up til the end of the season then yeah he is elite. He has had 5 games that were good to great post All Star. That doesn't make him.elite offensively.

If he keeps it up the next 20 then I will agree. He shoots 41% from the field and 34% from 3 with shitty defense. That isn't elite.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:07 pm 

He’s definitely not an elite player yet. Looks like he’s becoming one though.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:12 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

Brandon Jennings had more impact as a rookie than he has currently. Think about that for a second.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:14 pm 

FavreFan wrote:

yep, well on his way. At this point it's impossible to deny he's special. Him and Luka. on top of their skills they also have a great sense of showmanship. they know that in the grand scheme of things their job is to entertain. And they both relish the spotlight and the moments when the game is on the line.

I don't think people realized what a killer Trae is. He's a tough little bugger with no ounce of back down in him.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:21 pm 

long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Brandon Jennings had more impact as a rookie than he has currently. Think about that for a second.

Not sure that’s true but Jennings was a very good rookie. Always got the impression he didn’t put the time in to his craft.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 19  Next