It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:37 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
He’s definitely not an elite player yet. Looks like he’s becoming one though.

Brandon Jennings had more impact as a rookie than he has currently. Think about that for a second.

Not sure that’s true but Jennings was a very good rookie. Always got the impression he didn’t put the time in to his craft.

Using the metrics you prefer to use he was more impactful.

You will know the caliber of player Trae Young is after the NBA starts making adjustments.

They haven't had to yet because he hasn't been all that good and neither has their team. He isn't even their best player. Collins is. Once they make adjustments on that high screen roll that they run 90% of the time then you'll know.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:57 pm 

Trae Young's VORP is currently -0.1.

Kris Dunn's VORP is currently -0.1.

Elite? Bulls looking to move Kris Dunn.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
long time guy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
He’s definitely not an elite player yet. Looks like he’s becoming one though.

Brandon Jennings had more impact as a rookie than he has currently. Think about that for a second.

Not sure that’s true but Jennings was a very good rookie. Always got the impression he didn’t put the time in to his craft.

Using the metrics you prefer to use he was more impactful.

You will know the caliber of player Trae Young is after the NBA starts making adjustments.

They haven't had to yet because he hasn't been all that good and neither has their team. He isn't even their best player. Collins is. Once they make adjustments on that high screen roll that they run 90% of the time then you'll know.

I agree on Collins. I was on him early. Liked him a lot but thought he was mainly just a rim
Runner on offense. He looks like he could be great.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:53 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
One thing I know. He won't be Allen Iverson but the fun quotient is equal.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Nardi wrote:
One thing I know. He won't be Allen Iverson but the fun quotient is equal.

Let’s hold off on that until he steps over an overmatched rookie type in the NBA Finals

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:36 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Trae Young is pretty okay so far.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:57 am 

pizza_Place: Il Forno in Deerfield!
Going to the game today, first Bulls game since Rose rookie year.

Hopefully it doesn't turn out like when I finally got to see Barry Sanders play in person late in his career at Soldier Field and he had one of his worst games ever and later said it was the game that made him decide he wanted to retire.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:10 am 

pizza_Place: Kaisers
I saw the highlights this morning and I couldn't believe he got booted out of the game. You must have been livid. Did you have good seats?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:52 pm 

T-Bone wrote:
I saw the highlights this morning and I couldn't believe he got booted out of the game. You must have been livid. Did you have good seats?

I wasn't that upset at the time because before the game I had assumed the worst was going to happen in the game anyway based on my previous experience finally getting to see Barry Sanders play. I fully expected Trae to either play terrible or get hurt or just not get many minutes since they had that 4OT game the other night. Didn't expect an ejection, but he was playing great at the time so he already eclipsed my expectations in that regard.

It wasn't till I got home and saw the replay that I got to see just how bullshit the ejection was and then I got pretty upset.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:54 pm 

Absolutely pathetic. Ben Simmons named Conf player of the week. Between this and the BS ejection and being left off ESPN's top 25 under 25 list I would say that Trae has a lot of things to keep him motivated.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
shakes wrote:
Absolutely pathetic. Ben Simmons named Conf player of the week. Between this and the BS ejection and being left off ESPN's top 25 under 25 list I would say that Trae has a lot of things to keep him motivated.

Stat of the Year :lol: :lol:

I'm out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:10 pm 

Real clunker tonight. I expect more teams to do what the Heat were doing with Young way out top. Put a big guard on him and then double him on the screen. Coughed up the ball a lot. They also successfully beat him up driving the lane. Easy thing in theory but hard practically because he's pretty goddam slippery in traffic.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:20 pm 

Nardi wrote:
Real clunker tonight. I expect more teams to do what the Heat were doing with Young way out top. Put a big guard on him and then double him on the screen. Coughed up the ball a lot. They also successfully beat him up driving the lane. Easy thing in theory but hard practically because he's pretty goddam slippery in traffic.

Yeah I figured that teams will start trapping the high screen roll instead of leaving their bigs out on an island all the time with all of that stupid switching.

Only idiots like Boylen will continue to make that mistake.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:09 am 

Nardi wrote:

Other teams have tried that, but this is the first time a team committed to it for an entire game. Not having Collins hurt a lot because I think it would've been a lot easier for Trae to find JC rolling to the hoop as opposed to Len/Dedman. Also Miami not having a small guard in the lineup helped their trap quite a bit.

This reminds me of last year when teams would double and triple team Trae as soon as he crossed half court. Trae didn't have anyone to pass to cause his team was so bad. Atlanta has some players, but injuries have depleted the current lineup. It'll be a lot tougher to pull this strategy once the roster is healthy and even harder next year when the talent level goes up with 2 more lottery picks.

Despite the rough outing, Trae still managed 14 and 8.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:39 pm 

shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:

Other teams have tried that, but this is the first time a team committed to it for an entire game. Not having Collins hurt a lot because I think it would've been a lot easier for Trae to find JC rolling to the hoop as opposed to Len/Dedman. Also Miami not having a small guard in the lineup helped their trap quite a bit.

This reminds me of last year when teams would double and triple team Trae as soon as he crossed half court. Trae didn't have anyone to pass to cause his team was so bad. Atlanta has some players, but injuries have depleted the current lineup. It'll be a lot tougher to pull this strategy once the roster is healthy and even harder next year when the talent level goes up with 2 more lottery picks.

It was the 3rd game in 4 nights. All without Collins. Trae also managed 8 turnovers. It is what it is. He stunk but it was his first turd since the break. Also, he should remove that chip on his shoulder that's been there lately. Bad for his health.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
agree dude has been hot lately but attitude is a lil rough. needs to keep his head on straight.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:45 pm 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
Nardi wrote:

It was the 3rd game in 4 nights. All without Collins. Trae also managed 8 turnovers. It is what it is. He stunk but it was his first turd since the break. Also, he should remove that chip on his shoulder that's been there lately. Bad for his health.

I think all little guys need to have that chip on their shoulders in order to thrive in the NBA. Trae has earned that chip with some slights lately, not being put on ESPN's list of 25 under 25 was ridiculous. Getting dissed for player of the week is another. Not to mention all the people who have ripped ATL to shreds for making the trade. That said, you don't want to base your entire game on going out and getting back at people who dissed you, that can lead to tunnel vision and selfish play.

Definitely his worst game in a long time. Nice that were at the point where the clunkers are the exception as opposed to earlier in the season when they were showing up half the time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:47 pm 

rajingsoul wrote:
agree dude has been hot lately but attitude is a lil rough. needs to keep his head on straight.

what's wrong with his attitude??? Guy plays hard, wants to win, doesn't back down from anyone and lets you know about it if you try and step up to him. Also has great personality, says the right things and works very hard on his game on and off the court. Where's the attitude problem?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
chip on his shoulder is prolly better way of putting it. like you said tho they need some of that.

he should just stay calm and let his guys do work tho. that will come with time.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:58 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Having Lonzo on that list is a fuckin joke, TY should be on the list though. Fox was #9

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:11 pm 

shakes wrote:
rajingsoul wrote:

what's wrong with his attitude??? Guy plays hard, wants to win, doesn't back down from anyone and lets you know about it if you try and step up to him. Also has great personality, says the right things and works very hard on his game on and off the court. Where's the attitude problem?

I'm not sure it's in Young's best interest. That's all I'm saying. He's not exactly John Stockton tough. He threw out a spindly little forearm after a legit hard foul on him. I laughed.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:54 pm 

312player wrote:
Having Lonzo on that list is a fuckin joke, TY should be on the list though. Fox was #9

If Fox is #9 then Young should be top 10 easily. He's better than Fox as a rookie, he's better than Fox over the past couple months and he'll be better than him going forward.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:55 pm 

Nardi wrote:
shakes wrote:
rajingsoul wrote:

I'm not sure it's in Young's best interest. That's all I'm saying. He's not exactly John Stockton tough. He threw out a spindly little forearm after a legit hard foul on him. I laughed.

He'll get tougher after a summer in the weight room, but I agree that he should let his teammates handle the rough stuff. TY isn't physically tough, but he's tough mentally. That's a good place to start.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:02 pm 

Trae Young's advanced stats are terrible and he isn't even the best player on his own roster. A shitty roster at that. He has had a good run but his crappy defense coupled with a low shooting percentage will always prevent him from being elite. I tried. He is having a good run and if he keeps it up til the end of the year I will fold on Bust book it. Doesn't mean he will be the next great thing however. This Shakes idiot is doing what he does. Overhype guys then go out of his way to make good on it. Either he will outright lie or embellish in order to serve his purpose.

Waste of time discussing anything hoops related with this glorified hype man.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
shakes wrote:
312player wrote:

If Fox is #9 then Young should be top 10 easily. He's better than Fox as a rookie, he's better than Fox over the past couple months and he'll be better than him going forward.

Fox > Young and that will never change. Can we at least agree Lonzo sucks and had no business on that list?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:05 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
long time guy wrote:

He(Young) is just a guy, some potential but plenty of 'meh'. What makes this all insufferable is the ball washing of this guy by shakes.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:28 pm 

312player wrote:
shakes wrote:
312player wrote:

Fox > Young and that will never change. Can we at least agree Lonzo sucks and had no business on that list?

Not a chance on either. Young is already tracking better than Fox and it's not even close. He'll pass him outright in the next year or two. Lonzo is the best defensive guard in the NBA and his injury is hurting the Lakers more than when Lebron was out. He definitely deserves to be on that list.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:29 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He(Young) is just a guy, some potential but plenty of 'meh'. What makes this all insufferable is the ball washing of this guy by shakes.

must suck to be so wrong on this one, yet you keep popping your head in here every couple weeks cause you can't help yourself from digging the hole deeper.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
shakes wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
long time guy wrote:

must suck to be so wrong on this one, yet you keep popping your head in here every couple weeks cause you can't help yourself from digging the hole deeper.

He had 8 turnovers + 14 points on 11 shots either day. I know you don't get "efficiency" but he still isn't that good.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:34 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
shakes wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:
long time guy wrote:

He had 8 turnovers + 14 points on 11 shots either day. I know you don't get "efficiency" but he still isn't that good.

and how did he do the previous 25 games?

Did you just forget to post about those games?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next